• Tweets

• thought your story rang a bell. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416315-knightsbridgecreditfix-iva-treated-me-very-badly-thinking-of-bk-now-help/ you vanished and never cameback. dx  
    • and it legally informs them of your correct and current address as you must do with all old debts last paid/used in say 7 yrs you dont want backdoor CCJ's. what were the names of these IVA scammers, the one you took it out with, and the one that scammed you to let them take over please? your story is slightly worrying. dx  
    • Incidentally, congratulations on not buying the warranty. That is another Big Motoring World rip-off. See what we have to say about extended warranties and the Big Motoring World attitude to them is particularly unhelpful
    • well that google is from 2019, but the photos are certainly of someone driving on the public highway in/out by an ANP system, though the site of where the camera actually is, is not showing there are anpr cameras up by the low yellow barriers but they wont get from facing shots from there. interesting, needs to be checked if the road IS a public highway but on private land, cause as you say, if the whole area is max 4hrs , how does the hotel work< ?? must have a reg entry system.  now as for taking pictures of cars on a public highway then guessing the are parking ...erm.... i dont thnk thats right nor allowed under GDPR. dx  
    • Under the consumer rights act 2015, if a defect manifests itself within 30 days and you have a right to return the vehicle for a full refund. If any defect manifests itself within the first six months of ownership then you have a right to return the vehicle for a full refund subject to the retailers right to carry out a repair. If the retailer declines to repair or if the repair fails then you have the right to return. The problem here is that you have to assert their right. It's a bit ridiculous – but you have to do let them know preferably in writing that you are asserting your rights under the consumer rights act either the 30 day right or the six month right. I suppose that you haven't done this – which would be quite understandable because most people don't know that these rights exist and that they are subject to these conditions – the condition that the right must be inserted. It is frankly ridiculous. The dealers know it and we have lots of instances of this company delaying appointments et cetera and our strong suspicion is that they are simply trying to run their customers out of time. On the basis that you haven't asserted your rights, we now have to look to ordinary contract law. You are entitled to purchase a vehicle which is of satisfactory condition and which remains that way for a reasonable period of time. Clearly it is in satisfactory. They are blaming you. Has your independent inspection identified the reason for the defect? This will be important because as you have seen BMW are already saying it is down to your driving and you are going to have to produce evidence that it wasn't down to your driving and the you drove it absolutely reasonably and it was simply the condition of the car. Have you been without the car for any period of time. Is it driveable now? If the car was off the road for a substantial amount of time and was still off the road then you would be able to argue that this is a fundamental breach of contract and that you have been deprived of substantially the whole benefit of the contract and therefore you will be entitled to treat the contract as breached by Big Motoring World and insist on cancelling the contract. It may be that you will eventually be obliged to keep the car but have the repairs paid for. Have you had any quotations for the work that needs doing? I asked you questions about the MOT – but you haven't responded.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

responses please :D

Tilly

Well i did ask :confused:

I haven't agreed to anything or signed anything, it was just a meeting nothing else, at the moment i dont know if im coming or going,:(

Tilly

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chin up Tills. There's no rush for you to decide anything at the moment. {{{hugs}}}

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi tills.

personally i would just say no and cary on with the viewings. I would agrre with banker. A friend of mine works in a estate agents and had a breif word with her earlier. Her advise to u was.

trust your gut instinct if u think something is wrong then there more than likely is. She also think the EA might be getting more than his fees from your sale.

See what other estate agents say about putting u on there books.

My mate works for a well known round here EA and she smelt a rat when i read here what u had put. Its up to you if you take her advise but as she is saying the same as the rest of us then it seems like she may be right.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

This just gets better, have just rang ME solicitors, they informed me the file is now closed, and no further instructions from ME, they have forwarded my letter that i sent to them on to ME.:confused:

Tills

Look on the positive side Tills. At least with an eviction order you'll be able to start planning where you'll live etc, and will be able to get help from the council etc.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well they say you can not sell the house, but you can apply to a judge to let you sell the property while you remain in it. Then it is left for the judge to decide. there is case law where even in negative equity a borrower was allowed to sell the property. It may be that you need to apply to a higher judge, not really sure.

If you have written evidence that you could have sold your house ie that you have an offer and they repossess and sell for a lower amount you will have a good case If Im right they only went for a possession order not a money order Get them to put you cant sell in writing

Hiya Bona

To be honest i need this to be over, and not prolong it any longer than i have to,

i need to get my life back on track and the longer this goes on the longer it will

take.I have tried and now it is time to close this chapter and move on, i guess what i am saying when i recieve the eviction order, i will not fight it.Im sorry if anybody

thinks im giving up but i am tired and need to bang it on the head.Then sort out any

shortfall when the time comes.

Tills

No I agree but just put a few building blocks in place get them to say you cant sell get the eviction order move out and start to rebuild all im saying is that you have tried you may well have sold keep all the paperwork keep all the viewing records just in case

You have done brilliantly tell your esate agent what has happened

Keep the house on the market

start rebuilding your life

Huggs we will all see you through

Bona "xxxx":)

Tilly, I agree with you - if you end up defaulting by even one payment they will have you out on your ear - or back in court with another £1000 worth of 'fees' on top.

I may never own my own property again but at least not going to court every three months has lifted a burden from my shoulders. I'm here if you need a rant or moan about the situation - I know how it feels.

Life is very complicated at times, sometimes you have too much time on your hands and other times none, the same with money, trying to find a balance is almost impossible.

We're all here whatever your decision is. It is YOUR life after all and we only see parts of it.

Hi Tills, sorry I havent been around much lately, not been that well but ok now. Whatever you decide is the right decision for you and no-one will think the worse of you. you need to look out for yourself and kids, and nobody else, get your life back on track. It is not a defeat, just a strategic withdrawal, you can bounce back fighting when you are good and ready.

BettyBoopHugz-1.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Bona and Sg

Thankyou, {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Hiya Stone

Sorry to hear you have not been well, big {{{{hugs back}}}}}}

lurvvvvvvvvve the pic :) made my eyes leak :o

hey up MTM all that nagging, i see you hit 5000 posts :rolleyes: and a full set :eek::p

Tills xxxxx

To everyone that has posted advice support and encouragement, i wouldn't have got

this far without each and everyone one of you, you have all jollyed me along kicked me

up the ass when i needed it, ive laughed and cried many a tear along the way, I just

want to say a big THANKYOU to all of you.

Tilly xxxxxxxx

Just got off the phone to ME i asked them if they could put it in writing that i could not sell the house, was told to ring solicitors the file has been reopened,rang solicitor

he said the warrant has been applied for, depending on the baliffs diary when i recieve it.I asked him if he could put it in writing that i could no longer sell the house, he said no,as it is a conflict of parties :confused: then went on to say if i had an offer

before the evicition date it would be stopped,now i is sooooo confused one saying no i cant sell it the other saying yes but neither will put anything in writing.

Tilly

Hi Tilly,

in this case I would write to them and confirm the conversations in writing - i.e. Dear Mr ***

This letter is to record our conversation this morning at 10.15 whereby I asked you this and you said that. Should you wish to refute this conversation taking place, or the content then please do so in writing within 7 days.

Please note that should this matter come to court then I will be presenting this letter in evidence.

Yours

Tilly

At least that is what I would do. then if they refute, in writing, that they said this or that you can sell the house as they denied that they said you couldn't....if that makes sense!

Jody

Jody123

Please note I have no legal training - the information I have has been gleaned from too many hours on this site! :-)

Tilly, all any of us can do is make you aware of your options and give you ideas. At the end of the day it is your life and your decision what you do. It has to be right for you and I think you're absolutely right to put all this behind you.

This does not stop you fighting against any shortfall that there maybe. I suggest you contact your agent and ask him to get the offer from your meeting the other day in writing, so that if you need it in the future you can show that you had a full offer and ME wouldn't let you take it up. That way if they come for the shortfall later you can prove that you had an offer for the full amount and THEY rejected it.

Try to avoid phone calls as much as possible and ask for everything in writing.

Hi Tilly

Caro's right, and the reason that I suggested you send the letter in which you record the conversation - moving on is great - moving on whilst protecting your back is even better as should they come after you for any shortfall you will be able to prove that you had a buyer and that they stopped you from selling. Whilst it might not wipe out any shortfall totally - it would limit the amount you may still owe as there is case law whereby the lender could only chase for the difference between what you could have sold it for and the amount outstanding at possession.

simple figures

Offer received for house 100,000

mortgage plus costs and interest 105,000

the possess and sell for 80,000

Shortfall according to them - £25,000

shortfall had they let you sell - £5,000

court could rule that you only owe £5,000

I've put the above in not to scare you, but to implore you to get your valuations, get the letters and record the conversations whereby they say you cannot sell....

Jody

Jody123

Please note I have no legal training - the information I have has been gleaned from too many hours on this site! :-)

Total agree with above irs what I have been saying do as Jody says with letters and get the estate agent to confirm things there end you may not need them but then you may better to ahe them tucked away

Bona