• Tweets

• I googled "prescribed disability" to see where it is defined for the purposes of S.92. I found HMRC's definition, which included deafness. I don't  think anyone is saying deaf people cant drive, though! digging deeper,  Is it that “prescribed disability” (for the purposes of S.88 and S.92) is defined at: The Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1999 WWW.LEGISLATION.GOV.UK These Regulations consolidate with amendments the Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) Regulations 1996...   ….. and sleep apnoea / increased daytime sleepiness is NOT included there directly as a condition but only becomes prescribed under “liability to sudden attacks of disabling giddiness or fainting” (but falling asleep isn't fainting!), so it isn’t defined there as a “prescribed disability”  Yet, under S.92(2)(b) RTA 1988 “ any other disability likely to cause the driving of a vehicle by him in pursuance of a licence to be a source of danger to the public" So (IMHO) sleep apnea / daytime sleepiness MIGHT be a prescribed disability, but only if it causes likelihood of "driving being a source of danger to the public" : which is where meeting / not meeting the medical standard of fitness to drive comes into play?  
    • You can counter a Judges's question on why you didn't respond by pointing out that any company that charges you with stopping at a zebra crossing is likely to be of a criminal mentality and so unlikely to cancel the PCN plus you didn't want to give away any knowledge you had at that time that could allow them to counteract your claim if it went to Court. There are many ways in which you can see off their stupid claim-you will see them in other threads  where our members have been caught by Met at other airports as well as Bristol.  Time and again they take motorists to Court for "NO Stopping" apparently completely forgetting that the have lost doing that because no stopping is prohibitory and cannot form a contract. Yet they keep on issuing PCNs because so many people just pay up . Crazy . You can see what chuckleheads they are when you read their Claim form which is pursuing you as the driver or the keeper. they don't seem to understand that on airport land because of the Bye laws, the keeper is never liable.   
    • The video-sharing app told the BBC that a "very limited" number of accounts had been compromised.View the full article
    • The King is the second monarch to appear on Bank of England notes which will be fed gradually into the system.View the full article
    • The King is the second monarch to appear on Bank of England notes which will be fed gradually into the system.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tills,

If there is equity in the house, there should be no reason why any arrears could be added to the mortgage and payments resume as normal. Problem will be whether you can show that you can continue payments. If this is dragged out, it may give you time to get help from the Social until your situation improves.

At the very least it will give you time to try and sort things.

DO NOT allow the mortgage company to sell the house, they will not achieve its true value GUARANTEED, and any shortfall will be passed your way.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tills,

If there is equity in the house, there should be no reason why any arrears could be added to the mortgage and payments resume as normal. Problem will be whether you can show that you can continue payments.

Thats the prob tide unless i do 5- 6 14 hour shifts a week to keep our heads above water,with only me working it is impossible, that,s why i want to sell, i know it has

to go. (numpty pay :rolleyes: )

If this is dragged out, it may give you time to get help from the Social until your situation improves.

Have spoke to social have to ring back on Tuesday

At the very least it will give you time to try and sort things.

DO NOT allow the mortgage company to sell the house, they will not achieve its true value GUARANTEED, and any shortfall will be passed your way.

i am trying guys honest :(

Tide I have just re-read the whole thread and was going to ask the very same question about social security. After all if you are unemployed they will pay the interest on a mortgage after (I think) six months. And it might be worth speaking to a benefits adviser as I think you might be able to work some hours still Tilly.

Also, and this is probably a very silly question, I presume you haven't got PPI on this mortgage (mis-sold or otherwise)?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

You're doing great gal, bound to have a few lows now and again, but you'll get through it:wink:

We'll throw every bit of ammunition we can find at them....

Ell x

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

keep with it tills youll get there sounds like some good advice to me so get your n244 in on tuesday not sure what the fee should take your letter with u cos it sounds as if it should be 35 not 75 but the court will be best people to ask show them the letter love chin up love were all here for u xxkia

• Haha 1

keep with it tills

I am kia hun, :)

youll get there sounds like some good advice to me

I could not wish for better advise than im getting here,

so get your n244 in on tuesday not sure what the fee should take your letter with u cos it sounds as if it should be 35 not 75 but the court will be best people to ask

Im taking it in forst thing tuesday morning 35 or 75 its going in :)

show them the letter love chin up love were all here for u xxkia

mwahhhhh xxxx

While it has been quiet, i have re read the thread over and over, i feel a lot more

calmer and a lot less worried than i have been im not saying im not still worried

but a tiny bit of that black cloud has lifted,so posative thoughts from now on.

Tilly, I may not be able to come on 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd May as I have a four day course at work but any other day will be fine if you still want me as a court buddy. With my GMAC case I went to court four times, and twice got their solicitor told off...

On the final case the Court Usher told the solicitor to 'quieten down' as there were a group of four of these 'girls' chatting about 'their best successes' in the middle of the waiting area - not a good advert for them at all! In fact it probably was a breach of confidence on their part...

Hopefully once you get your claim in they might even give you a date for next week - usually these things happen quickly once you start challenging the system. Again if your husband is on benefits it might be worth sending him down with the details as then you may not have to pay. If he can't manage it take the details with you and ask. After all the mortgage is in both names (isn't it?)

Tilly, I may not be able to come on 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd May as I have a four day course at work but any other day will be fine.

Hi SG , please don't worry if you cannot make it, your course is important ,:) but hopefully (she says taking a deep breath) it will be

before.

Again if your husband is on benefits it might be worth sending him down with the details as then you may not have to pay. If he can't manage it take the details with you and ask. After all the mortgage is in both names (isn't it?)

I have looked but incapcity benefit is not included :(

Good luck tomorrow Tilly, let us know what is happening... it's been known for people to go to court with the forms in the morning and have a hearing in the afternoon, although if your court is like Croydon (my local court) I suspect it might be on Wednesday....

Good luck tomorrow Tilly,

Thanks SG

let us know what is happening... it's been known for people to go to court with the forms in the morning and have a hearing in the afternoon, although if your court is like Croydon (my local court) I suspect it might be on Wednesday....

Omg that fast, noooo why does it feel like your about to face the fireing squad :rolleyes:

I will let you all know how i get on tomorrow, thats if they dont send me away again of course :confused:

Hi All!

Tilly,I am very sorry to read about your repo problem.

Also,I hope your husband is feeling better now.

Anyway,let's try and be a bit more positive and see how to possibly help you out here.

To begin with,I would speak to the Court/go in person about obtaining remission on the grounds of hardship i.e. your home is being repossessed and the the fact that the household receives a benefit.Here the Court Manager has the powers to let you off paying the fee and it is well worth asking.Make sure you have the evidence of the receipt of the benefit with plus pariculars of the repo case.

Also,you will need the form which I think is the EX160.

Now going on to the repo itself,you have again several options in my view and based on personal experience:

1.If you want to keep your home,you must offer the mortgage company the regular monthly instlament plus a further fixed amount to be paid over the remaining term of the mortgage.

2.The precedent case to ask to be considered is:

Cheltenham & Gloucester v Norgan

which is Cheltenham & Gloucester Building Society V Norgan - print this off and give a copy to the court and the acting solicitor of Mortgage Express.

Basically,this case is well known and applied by the courts on a regular basis allowing any mortgage payer to repay the arrears over the remaining term of the mortgage.

3.Also,if you manage to bring the arrears down to less than 2 months all possession proceedings MUST stop.How do I know? Been there got the t-shirt and the rest is history!In theory you could stay forever with less than 2 months arrears and the mortgage company cannot repossess the property but of course don't do this but it is good to know this regardless.

4.If you want to sell the property you could offer a fixed amount which also could be less than monthly instalment but this would be subject to selling within say 6 months.Also,both the equity and state of the housing market at the time would determine the amount you would be allowed to pay which would totally up to the judge to decide in the hearing.

I hope you find this information useful.

If you need any more help,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

• Haha 1

Hi All!

Tilly,I am very sorry to read about your repo problem.

Thankyou Kfb

Also,I hope your husband is feeling better now.

Anyway,let's try and be a bit more positive and see how to possibly help you out here.

To begin with,I would speak to the Court/go in person about obtaining remission on the grounds of hardship i.e. your home is being repossessed and the the fact that the household receives a benefit.Here the Court Manager has the powers to let you off paying the fee and it is well worth asking.Make sure you have the evidence of the receipt of the benefit with plus pariculars of the repo case.

I have all these ready to take with me,

Also,you will need the form which I think is the EX160.

I have filled this in and printed it off.

Now going on to the repo itself,you have again several options in my view and based on personal experience:

1.If you want to keep your home,you must offer the mortgage company the regular monthly instlament plus a further fixed amount to be paid over the remaining term of the mortgage.

2.The precedent case to ask to be considered is:

Cheltenham & Gloucester v Norgan

which is Cheltenham & Gloucester Building Society V Norgan - print this off and give a copy to the court and the acting solicitor of Mortgage Express.

and again thankyou will print this off,

Basically,this case is well known and applied by the courts on a regular basis allowing any mortgage payer to repay the arrears over the remaining term of the mortgage.

3.Also,if you manage to bring the arrears down to less than 2 months all possession proceedings MUST stop.How do I know? Been there got the t-shirt and the rest is history!In theory you could stay forever with less than 2 months arrears and the mortgage company cannot repossess the property but of course don't do this but it is good to know this regardless.

4.If you want to sell the property you could offer a fixed amount which also could be less than monthly instalment but this would be subject to selling within say 6 months.Also,both the equity and state of the housing market at the time would determine the amount you would be allowed to pay which would totally up to the judge to decide in the hearing.

This is what i am aiming for, the house is currently on the market,

I hope you find this information useful.

If you need any more help,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

Thankyou for the information i must admit at first everything went whoooooosh, but i think i am now actually getting my head around it,

Tilly

it's been known for people to go to court with the forms in the morning and have a hearing in the afternoon, although if your court is like Croydon (my local court) I suspect it might be on Wednesday....

Thinking about SG it might be better if i did, i wouldn't have time to think about and no waiting about,

If i do, what ever the outcome i will i know have tried, correction we have tried and without all the help and support i have been given, both on the thread and off you know who you are people. I would'nt have got this far.

Tillyxx

Tilly,in reply to your last post:

No problem.I hope things go well for you but please remember:

1.Make an offer of repayments that you know you can afford and then you MUST stick to them.

2.Do not forget - probably you have already done this but prepare and take with you to the hearing the sales literature of your home from the estate agent.

3.When you have had an offer and accepted it there will be obviously a date when you have exchanged contracts(i.e. the sale is 100% legally binding on both parties - buyer/seller)you should notify the court and the solicitor for the mortgage company.Although the mortgage company will know about the exchange but it is still better to do so.This is because one department/section does one thing i.e.to see that the loan is redeemed and the other chases for arrears/in contact with acting solicitor for repo and neither speak to each other.

Finally,please don't worry as you have been told by others here you are not alone but amongst friends who will see to always help you.

• Haha 2