Ebay/Paypal Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just sold something on Ebay and posted it by DHL.

It looks like the parcel may have gone missing.

The seller paid through paypal and I am just wondering if the seller makes a claim through Paypal and they refund him (which they should) will Paypal then take the money back of me or is this all part of the buyers protection so I dont loose the cash also.

The parcel was for £180 but DHL only cover for £50 for loss.

Cheers

HAK

I think that PayPal will deduct the cash from you, so I would definitely chase up DHL and also remind the buyer that they should have paid for insured delivery if they wanted to ensure it arrived.

I've sold on eBay many times and always told buyers that if things go missing in the post then it's down to them to chase it up, not me as I've fulfilled my side of things, as you have too.

Good luck :)

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

The seller paid through paypal and I am just wondering if the seller makes a claim through Paypal and they refund him (which they should) will Paypal then take the money back of me or is this all part of the buyers protection so I dont loose the cash also.

They will recover the money from you - it is buyer protection, not seller protection.

I think that PayPal will deduct the cash from you, so I would definitely chase up DHL and also remind the buyer that they should have paid for insured delivery if they wanted to ensure it arrived.

I've sold on eBay many times and always told buyers that if things go missing in the post then it's down to them to chase it up, not me as I've fulfilled my side of things, as you have too.

It's the seller's responsibility to ensure the item is adequately insured, not the buyer's. Even if the seller offers insurance at extra cost and the buyer declines, the seller is still liable if the item goes missing.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Correct

That's why ebay will recover the money from the seller as they will expect the seller to seek compensation from the carrier. Something the buyer can't do as they have no contract with said carrier

Hi all

JonCris and barracad are both correct on this I work for a computer company and we have an Ebay shop. We have sent out every expensive computers that have gone missing in transit and we have had to replace them, The carrier has compensated us with £40 a Kilo now where near the cost of replacement of the lost ? stolen computer.