Child Born 1986-2003 ?? Children's tax of up to £1058 - Anyone any info

jaxads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have been given some info which leads me to believe that I can claim back £520 for each child born between 1986 and 2003. It relates to the tax year 2002/03.

Has anyone claimed this?

It's nothing to do with the current tax credits, but is a "children's tax allowance" that obviously hasn't been claimed.

As far as I can work out, as long as you were working for two years at that time, you are eligible. I've spoken to the tax office, who tell me that I need a form 11CTC, but that they're not current forms, so I'll have to go into our local tax office to collect a form.

Has anyone claimed this ??

More details can be found on this website

but I'm not sure if I should be posting this website on the forum :confused:

So I'll say, its taxcredits and an organisation in the uk - if that helps :)

They give info about the children's tax allowance, and also link you to a site that will claim the refund for you for £94 -- but I'll be doing it myself -- after all that's what we're all about itsn't it!!

I'm off now to pick up a form 11CTC and will let you know how I get on.

Fingers crossed x

• Haha 1

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a site which is charging you to do it, then no, you can't post the link, but once you have found out a bit more, and maybe once you have it back, you can then give all the information on here to do it? ;-)

you certainly dont need a company to do it for you duckie, just ring the benefits agency yourself, they will do it :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

hi everyone. just to let you know i was going to claim for the tax credits you mentioned. if your tax code for the year ending 01/02 starts with a 6 and ends with a H and for 02/03 tax code 7 and ends with a H you will have already been paid your money. this is the information i was sent.hope it was of use

I rang my local tax office and a very helpful man checked my tax code for 2002/2003 - said I hadn't already received the children's tax and therefore should get £520.00 plus interest back. He said there wasn't a form to fill out anymore and I just had to write in to receive my money. Queried claiing for 2001/2002 - he said that the time for claiming had just ended - stated to him that this seemed unfair given the fact that there had been no advertisement of the right to reclaim or anything and I had just happened upon this by chance. He told me to put this in writing and I may get 2001 as well. Letter gone off. Here's hoping. Just goes to show that they chase you for overpayment but when its then that owe you money they go all quiet on you don't they!!

Exactly the point I made on MSE, which I'll post here to save you clicking away:

I would be very tempted to invoke s.32 of the Limitation Act 1980, actually and try to get the previous years too.

32.--

• (1) .... where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either-
    • (a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or
    • (b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or
    • © the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it....

Certainly, you have nothing to lose and much to gain by trying to argue the point.

No, as far as I know it is for ANY parent who was working at that time. (That's how I understand it and am hoping it is anyway :) )

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

We've already got a thread on this, it's a bit further down the benefits section. For claims for the 2001/2 year you have already missed the deadline of January 31st 2008 I think, but you have until January 31st 2009 to file your claim for the 2002/3 tax year.

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

Dont expect it to be quick either, acouple of us have sent letters etc in in Dec/January and we still havent had a reply due to the backlog, so expect to wait at least 4 months to hear from them

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

We've already got a thread on this, it's a bit further down the benefits section. For claims for the 2001/2 year you have already missed the deadline of January 31st 2008 I think, but you have until January 31st 2009 to file your claim for the 2002/3 tax year.

This forum is not like MSE, we don't have one thread for one issue, and tbh, I'd prefer to see one thread per claimant or potential claimant, it would help keep track of people's individual progress.

As for "missing out" the deadline for the year 01/02, see my previous post about s.32 © of the Limitations Act. ;-)

Sorry, I just meant there was already a thread, incase these new claimants wanted to read how others had been getting on in the same situation.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

Got my form this morning !!

The lady at our local tax office only had one copy so had to go and copy it for me.. I've sent it off this morning, with a covering note saying that as I didn't have any guidance notes with the form (tax office didn't have any!) that I've just put both dates of birth on the one form.

Let the wait begin .........................

jaxads

I've made a dozen copies for starters, will probably need a few more.

I'll be telling all of our friends about it and giving them a copy if they want to give it a try!!! I've made sure mine is already in the post to beat the rush :D :D

• Haha 1

jaxads

Hi,

I've just come across this thread and am very interested in claiming this back too.

I have 2 children born in 1993 and 2001 and have just printed off a letter to send to my local tax office so lets see what they come up with. They are quick to contact us if we owe any money but not so much when its the other way round so I could be in for a long wait:roll:

A big thank you to Jaxads for bringing this to our attention:)

I will start a thread as soon as there is any news.

Penny:-)

I'm going to have to copy some more forms. I've given most of the copies I had done yesterday out already :D

jaxads

Hi i have just found this and think it may be of use to my mother

One child born in 1989 another born in 1990, if anyone has the forms needed can it me messaged to me so i can print off etc and help my mum go through them.

Dan

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

How about this scenario, for a friend.

Couple had two children late 90's and split due to violence in 2000.

Got divorced later with mother on benefits from 2001 and father paying csa finally a few years later.

Mother has the children and are at the moment on benefits, who would claim the tax back. Would it be the parent in employment or would the childrens carer/mother have a right to claim? Would a parent of benefits have a right at all?

The fact that the dad was paying the csa after a long argument from 2001 onwards, does that mean he should claim it? even though he's no contact with children.