Parking at McDonalds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

qbal, I didn't want to write further on food, but you obviously did not see TV programme about McDonalds. Now--no more on food--Wop/ag is quite right, we need to help re parking problems.

If anyone wishes to continue a discussion on food quality, please advise what thread is called, and I shall respond. Best of luck Wop/ag.

PS. Can't get on to thread"McDonalds issue in the UK" can anyone advise?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Parking Charges in McDonalds Redditch

Whilst away on my holidays, my company recieved a £50 parking fine and paid as it stated 14 days terms otherwise it would increase to £100. I will need to repay my company the payment but wondered if anyone has been refunded the charge ever.

I will be writing to complain to both MET and Mcd's but not sure if this will bring any joy. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Del

Parking Charges in McDonalds Redditch

Whilst away on my holidays, my company recieved a £50 parking fine and paid as it stated 14 days terms otherwise it would increase to £100. I will need to repay my company the payment but wondered if anyone has been refunded the charge ever.

I will be writing to complain to both MET and Mcd's but not sure if this will bring any joy. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Del

I will need to repay my company the payment

Why?

If your company has paid a [problem] invoice, why should you have to repay them?

I assume that you have a company-provided or lease car. I would very carefully check the wording to see if they can actually pass on the cost - if it uses the words parking fine or penalty charge, then they can go whistle - I don't see how you are responsible for their stupidity.

Regards

Del

Blood and stone spring to mind, suggest you follow Pats advice.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi Delboyzmail,

Pity your company has been stupid enough to pay fine but think there is no chance of having it refunded.They paid the fine so they should stand the loss.

Hi Delboyzmail,

Pity your company has been stupid enough to pay fine but think there is no chance of having it refunded.They paid the fine so they should stand the loss.

Remember, it is an INVOICE not a FINE. Your contact may well state they can pay fines for you and charge you through your wages, but this is a [problem] invoice and therefore they do not have any authority to re-charge you for their stupidity in paying it.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Unfortunatly I have a good relationship with my company and they paid it in good faith. The other reason is they have for the second time this year made 20% redundancies and I prefer to stay on good terms should there be any further cuts made.

It also appears they paid by credit card so I think I may well be able to contest it and get the credit card company to reclaim the funds.

I have been stopping at the Redditch Mc'ds for 6 years now regularly and have never had a fine imposed when there over 75mins. I think MET have to prove that you saw the signs etc.

Hopefully this may work...

as times are tough maybe the company could do with more 'streamlined' processing of PPC paper. Explain the reality to the company and how they should handle it. In a friendly way that shows that can save their valuable time. Explain clearly that PPCs operate a [problem], they attempt to claim under contract with the driver and so your company as the RK has zero liability against these claims - which are rubbish anyway.

You're right to look after yourself, but what kind of company is this? Laying people off left right and centre yet they're happy to pay fake invoices?

I guarantee Met are reading this and more invoices will be winging their way to you very shortly. You're their dream victim - a big company with plenty of vehicles who pay no questions asked.

Your employers are so careful with their, or their shareholders money, that they pay out an invoice with no consultation?

Let me know who they are - I could do with a hundred quid this week - in fact I'll get them to sign a direct debit, shouldn't be too difficult, and I'll have a hundred quid every week!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Hey there, I too received a "Parking Charge Notice" for retrurningduring a the No return period" at the Gatwick ring road MCDONALDS. Which i have no trouble before when picking up my disabled relatives from arrivals and to move on for a 3hr drive so therefore food and a tinkle is a priority is important, non disabled drivers used the special parking so had to use standard parking.

So yes i did return within "non return period" and was a customer of MCDONALDS

So are they going to hassle elderly disabled consumers, let us see, as i am going to contest this notice with the support of my local senoir citizens forum too.

And yes, I am not going to be threatened by MET or any other parking body when i am a consumer and not a pick up Taxi, whom they are looking to get charges from.

• 2 weeks later...

This goes to show that PSEEs (private sector enforcement establishments) are reasonable people if you are prepared to communicate with them reasonably.

Which one are you then Percy, canon or ball? If the latter, you left an 's' of the end of your name.

This goes to show that PSEEs (private sector enforcement establishments) are reasonable people if you are prepared to communicate with them reasonably.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.