• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Inside a DCA!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

he has been busy.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I have jumped in and out this week but haven't had time to put together a long response.

Sorry for that.

I've had a right nightmare at work with the auditors. Bean counters, who needs them :cool: . You would think they would be happy I made my company a six figure investment profit, but no, they needed 100% accountability on every investment. Grrrrrrr.

Anyway, I was asked by someone if it would be a good idea to put their house into Trust to prevent a charging order. :roll: . I must say it did make me smile and I think a quick response is required. I'll get a cup of tea and be back.

welcome back OTB and sorry to here about your fun with the auditors.

Could you also look into my question and answer it when u have 5 minutes. Ment to ay post number 425.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

OK. Putting your house/assets into Trust does not in the majority of cases protect it from your creditors. Particularly if you still live in it. And in the worse case the creditor is likely to bypass a CCJ and petition for bankruptcy knowing the living Trust will be seized as an asset and sold. Also, setting up a living Trust fund is costly and requires an adminstration exercise that would make your eyes water (particularly the submissions to HMRC), which is not something the majority reading this can afford or be likely to undertake. If you are thinking about attempting this then you really need to seek professional advice (clearly not stating, 'i want to protect my house from my creditors' can you help set up a Trust fund for my dog).

Just a question.

Why do DCAs sent you a letter saying we are taking u to court in 7 days unless you make immediate payment when this is there first contact?

I have just recieved on of these letters for a debt that is at a address that does not and never existed due to there not being enought numbers on the street i live on, there were 50 houses and they say it is for number 1,312.

This debt also dates back to 2000 to 2001 and it is defently SB. they are also claiming it belongs to a company that we had no contact with at the time. They are claiming for Npower and gas and we only had txu electric as there was electric at the property and we were not allowed to change suppliers as it was in our tenancy.

This is a shot in the dark. The debt is an old one and they have no information (they have most likely bought it for 2p in the £) and so they jump to the end of the debt cycle (court action with no further reference to you stuff) in order to gain a response and payment :rolleyes: .

Quick, get you cheque book out. :-D

Just send them back a standard 'prove I owe it with the evidence you will use in court' letter, and be prepared for a couple more nasty 'we play hard ball' letters.

These type of DCAs (bottom of the pile) work on a hard line fast payment approach and rarely bother with court action. However, they do tend to send a 'visitor' to get you to pay. Tie them up in legalities of debt ownership and they will be gone.

Hello m8 nice you see you back

:-D

Sorry to answer PMs here, but if you asked then I'm sure someone else needs to know.

Why do DCAs pass my debt on?

Basically because they have run the debt cycle and the chance of recovery is nil. As I said in an earlier post, they are working on % of debtors and turnover of accounts. If the supervisor has determined they won't get paid it will be passed on.

If I move address can the OC/DCA find me?

Not if you move to the moon. :-D . At some point in the future your going to go looking for debt again (sorry credit :wink: ), and they link you with two key pieces of information - you date of birth and you place of birth (the chances of two joe bloggs born in Hackney on the 25 Feb 1905 is rare!), your address is only the first port of call.

DCAs have a number of routes to find you -

Spoof websites offering credit (you get rejected but they have the info)

Mobile phone contracts

HP agreements

Mortgage applications.

On-line marketing surveys

Electoral register

Fascinating reading, the whole series !

So, on the assumption that DCA sends the account off to a.n.o, usually after a CCA request or similar and therefore default of this, to DCA1, subsequent DCA's are trying it on?

I wouldn't say 'trying it on' but it does raise the question, 'why didn't they take me to court to get a CCJ?'

Sometimes, a DCA will pass it to another DCA because they know that what the debtor is offering as a payment (say £5 month) will be accepted by the court if they went for a CCJ, but that £5 doesn't cover the cost of adminstration of the said CCJ. In this case the debt is passed on as 'uneconomical to pursue'.

Thank OTB.

I thought it was the case and so did a few others but it is still annoying as u may be able to understand.

OTB when you mentioned the DCA's various means of finding debtors in post 487 you forgot to mention the offer by the CRA's of cheap or even free credit reports

Agreed. But to be fair the list is endless. :evil:

They can also find out through 'financial associations'. :(

If a supervisor decides they aren't going to get paid , what makes subsequent dca's think they are going to get paid instead ? If you have gone through the cycle on dca (a) with no result, surely dca(b) can only go through the same cycle with a similar no payment made either and therefore a waste of time and money buying it from dca (a) ?

There is nothing dca(b) can do that dca(a) hasn't already tried. In the end it just becomes a game ? There is no payment made , no real end result, just a lot of time effort and money wasted and a small hit on the rain forest population in cycling it around the dca's.

Hi Onthebrink. Welcome back, and I've been away too so, just catching up on everything. Hey...Have you thought of doing a Martin Lewis and starting your own website? I'm not saying for one minute that you should pull away from this site...god forbid ! But, it seems like the obvious next step for you OTB?...Just an idea...From little acorns etc...

If a supervisor decides they aren't going to get paid , what makes subsequent dca's think they are going to get paid instead ? If you have gone through the cycle on dca (a) with no result, surely dca(b) can only go through the same cycle with a similar no payment made either and therefore a waste of time and money buying it from dca (a) ?

There is nothing dca(b) can do that dca(a) hasn't already tried. In the end it just becomes a game ? There is no payment made , no real end result, just a lot of time effort and money wasted and a small hit on the rain forest population in cycling it around the dca's.

ALL DCAs have an arrogance that makes them believe they are better than the rest, and their 'methods' and staff are more capable than the rest. When they get a 'new' account they actually believe they will succeed where others have failed :roll:

Hi Onthebrink. Welcome back, and I've been away too so, just catching up on everything. Hey...Have you thought of doing a Martin Lewis and starting your own website? I'm not saying for one minute that you should pull away from this site...god forbid ! But, it seems like the obvious next step for you OTB?...Just an idea...From little acorns etc...

Thanks for the thought, but i just LOVE it here ;-)

Agreed. But to be fair the list is endless. :evil:

They can also find out through 'financial associations'. :(

Yeah! but the most current gag is providing 'free' reports by scaring the hell of of people that their ID's gonna be stolen unless they do something about it

ALL DCAs have an arrogance that makes them believe they are better than the rest, and their 'methods' and staff are more capable than the rest. When they get a 'new' account they actually believe they will succeed where others have failed :roll:

You would think realising they are further down the food chain would tell something wouldn't you

:-D

Sorry to answer PMs here, but if you asked then I'm sure someone else needs to know.

Why do DCAs pass my debt on?

Basically because they have run the debt cycle and the chance of recovery is nil. As I said in an earlier post, they are working on % of debtors and turnover of accounts. If the supervisor has determined they won't get paid it will be passed on.

If I move address can the OC/DCA find me?

Not if you move to the moon. :-D . At some point in the future your going to go looking for debt again (sorry credit :wink: ), and they link you with two key pieces of information - you date of birth and you place of birth (the chances of two joe bloggs born in Hackney on the 25 Feb 1905 is rare!), your address is only the first port of call.

DCAs have a number of routes to find you -

Spoof websites offering credit (you get rejected but they have the info)

Mobile phone contracts

HP agreements

Mortgage applications.

On-line marketing surveys

Electoral register

If this is true then this is a disgrace, can you name and shame a few for us so we can give them the Cabot Fan Club treatment? - Don't know what that is? - ask Ken Maynard :D

Sarah

• Haha 1

If this is true then this is a disgrace, can you name and shame a few for us so we can give them the Cabot Fan Club treatment? - Don't know what that is? - ask Ken Maynard :D

Sarah

I've just joined "The Cabot Fan Club".... they introduced themselves as the new "owners" of an unenforceable account at the week-end. Deep joy... :rolleyes:

Sarah

cus4loans.co.uk

their not even subtle:

'Cus4Loans.co.uk is a website operated by The Slice Ltd. The Slice Ltd is licensed under the Data Protection Acts. Registered Company Number: 02860905 Registered Office : 25 Ormside Way, Redhill, Surrey. RH1 2LW. Data Protection Number: Z8414369

The Slice is a marketing and IT systems organisation and does not offer any financial advice. Think carefully before taking out a loan.'

Give it a try, you'll be lucky to get a response ;)