moved and getting snowed under with old owners DCA mail.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if this is a new ploy of theirs. Rent a postbox in lots of major cities to fool people into thinking they are operating in offices all over the country instead of the Leeds Threat Centre

Out of interest Bradley Stoke was once the repossession capital of England, the GP surgerys there were broken into so many times it prompted the NHS to have a computerised system.

On a side line the Leeds loosers have picked another lemon in the orchard to plant their seeds....

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,i am new to this...And it's my first post...

I have been recieving debt letters from Red,Lowell and today,Hamptons...All threatining me with court,bailiffs etc etc...

I have been reading some of the posts you have all been putting on here and like to say that i have got some good advice from them...

I am indeed typing up a letter to hamptons right now demanding to send me proof that they now own the debt.

As i am currently recieving letters from all three debt companies...I dont know which one i need to pay my debt to...I do not want to be making payment to one and then i get told i have not made payment on the account at all and they have been scaming me and pocketing the money...

The debt i owe was a contract in my name(Vodafone) that i got out back in begining of 2007 for a friend in which the phone was stolen and a huge bill apeared...

Seeing as i was not the one using the phone,i made my friend 3rd party so she could discuss anything to do with the contract,with Vodafone themselves...

Since end of 2007,i have not heard a thing from Vodafone nor a debt company,even though my friend told them the phone was stolen but she would pay off the bill monthly...

No contact or agreement was made by Vodafone,now since September this year,i have recieved numerous letters from Red,Lowell and now Hamptons all stating that they will take me to court,have someone come round etc etc...which of these companies does my friend need to make payment too...or do you think it is worth contacting Vodafone and paying them as i dont want my friend paying these companies when the debt is not actually getting paid and they are conning her out of her money...

Please help...

I would be very greatful...

Thanks

Kimi

Edited by KimiColt

Hi Kimicolt,

Firstly, if you could have a read of this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

it will help you to post on your own thread and not on this one as you will get lost within it.

Secondly, Lowells (AKA the Leeds Losers,lowlifes) Red and Hamptons (IL) legal are all desks in the same office. They just pass you on to make it look like they are serious. They wouldn't know serious if it bit them on the ar*e.

Bookmark this page:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Have a look at letter 3. This is to stop them coming to your door.

As you took out the contract on behalf of your friend, you could be liable for the debt but you say your friend is willing to pay this. In that case, there is a couple of steps you could take.

The first one I would do in every case and that is to send the "prove it" letter(letter 18 on the link above). Lowlifes have to provide proof that they have the right to be collecting this debt and if they don't have the paperwork to back it up they they can foxtrot oscar.

If they do have the proof, I would get a letter from your friend acknowledging that she is responsible for the debt and all correspondence be directed to her.

Do everything in writing

Send all letters by Recorded delivery

Don't sign anything, just print your name

The thing to remember with any DCA is that they cannot demand you pay them an amount they decide. You decide how much you (or she) can afford. If your friend can afford to clear the debt, go for a Full and Final settlement as DCA's buy debts for between 10 and 50% of their true value.

If you dispute the amount of the debt then a SAR to Vodafone would be in order to make sure that no charges have been applied to the debt and it would also show if the Leeds Losers haven't added their own charges on to it.

If you want this thread moved, click on the red triangle and ask nicely.

hope that helps.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Kimi. Do not worry about Lowells/Red/Hamptons. They are all the same company commonly known on here as the Leeds Losers.

Did your friend report the phone stolen. She does not have to pay for calls she didnt make.

Unfortunately though you will be the fall guy/gal here as everything is in your name. What you need to do is STOP all telephone calls with these shysters. Insist on everything in WRITING. Demand a copy of a wriiten contract between yourself and Vodafone and Statements showing how the balance was reached.

• 2 weeks later...

This all sounds very very familiar, all these companies have been sending me letters for some time now claiming I 'owe' £180 to 3G, a phone company I have never even dealt with. The strange thing is whenever I write to one of these companies and explain that I know nothing of this 'debt' they simply change the name on the top of the letters. They are a complete joke, I recieved a letter before christmas asking me to fill in the attached form offering payment and the letter said 'we will accept ANY payment you wish to make over however long it takes to pay off the debt'. I don't think they were too pleased when I filled it in stating I would pay £0 over 0 months and they should thing themselves grateful :grin: I just want to say to anyone who has been or is currently being pestered/annoyed/frightened or anything else by these bunch of jokers to just pay no attention. They only have 1 person working for them and he is too busy putting the junk mail into envelopes to come calling at your home.

• 2 months later...

hi guys. thought i would give you a laff at hamptons expense. i got 2 letters from them today, both dated the same date. one asking me contact them to arrange a payment plan, the other says i haven't contacted them. threatening ccj's the usual crap. yet they also offer me the chance to close the account by paying half the balance or 40 quid a month until the balance is cleared.

oh another thing if you call the hamptons phone number it's answered by an automatic system. the first thing it says is "thank you for calling Red!" ha ha

Now that you have got the phone call out of your way, DON'T DO IT AGAIN:D

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

OK. Whats the best way to deal with these pests?

Preferably through a medium :D

Alternatively, deal with them in writing and send everything by recorded delivery (they will deny receiving your letters otherwise).

If you must ring them, ensure you can record the call as they will use the phone as their primary tool of aggression (and I'm talking from personal experience)

If you could let us know what your primary aim is with dealing with the Leeds Losers, that would help.

Hey thats my line :eek::cool::p:grin:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :) Now that at least one person is using your line, you're famous :D and NO, I will not be paying royalties

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Help needed

I have a club account with Marshall ward which i pay at 20 pound amonth, I have never been contacted about a problem with this payment, Then out the blue up come Hamptons demanding payment. I know about asking for a cca, but will this work with a club book account?

Hi Craig, welcome to CAG.

Marshall Ward are a catalogue company and they offer credit (even if it may be 0% interest) so they are obliged to follow the CCA 1974 so in answer to your question, yes, you can CCA them.

Here is the link to the template letters page

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Send Letter 8 and send it recorded delivery with a £1 postal order-no cheques-ever.

They have 12+2 working days to respond.

Once you have something to report, it would be better to start your own thread as your query will get lost in someone else's thread. If you need help doing so, just shout.

Fox

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately I have found myself in a bit of debt, and receiving lots of letters, my most recent from HAMPTONS LEGAL threatening me with a CCJ, if i don't phone them from 7 days of the date of the letter, the letter was dated 6 days ago. Lowel financial sent me a letter, then Red on behalf of Lowel, and now Hamptons, again on behalf of Lowell. I tried to phone them but kept getting cut off, and don't want to do it again, as I always feel intimidated, at the way I get spoken to, which I am sure puts people off, I know i have been put well off, at being treated like a criminal. Maybe I could get some advice. Thanking you

Hi all

The best tactic in dealing with with all this post is "RETURN TO SENDER".

That way THEY have to pay for the return postage as well.

Incidentally I did send one letter back marked "Adresse is now a Guest of HMP Belmarsh --please re-direct all future correspondence there where I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately.

Cheers

jimbo

If you can start your own thread that way then it won't go missed amongst this previous thread, go to Debt Collection Industry then scroll all the way donw toward the bottom of the page and you'll see a blue button marked 'Post a new thread' hit that, give it a title and away you go, and you'll get a stack of advice and help.

But before you do, Lowell are NOTHING to be worried about by any stretch of the imagination.

Lowell/Red/Hamptons are all the same people, they just like to give themselves different names to make them feel special.

You MUST keep EVERYTHING in writing only, NEVER ring them, OR SPEAK TO THEM OVER THE PHONE, the ones that can do more than grunt, merely come out with fantasies and things that they dreamt about, whilst at the same time talking down to you like it is the worst thing in the world to owe money and be in debt.

Keep EVERYTHING in writing, and you'll find that they are very reluctant to use the same language in letters as they do over the phone.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have received a 'RED letter day' ..today..now stating that they '' have been appointed duly authorised collection agent for Lowell Portfolio Ltd and instructed to recover outstanding monies due to their client (Crap 1)...

A licensed 'Home Visit Agent' OR legal proceedings with a view to gaining a CCJ is in store for me...

I complained to the OFT last year that I did not recieve the payout on my PPI...they Crap one admitted that I had PPI but stated that I cannot claim on it due to pre-existing medical conditions...Well If I had pre-existing medical conditions..HOW did they know about it...AND if they knew about it why was I sold the PPI when they knew it was NEVER ging to be of any benefit to me fro mthe beginning...These letters are in my possession AND it is stil ongoing with OFT

So the letter that was sent to day by RED.(Lowell in reality)..goes to show that they have no idea what is going on!!!

In addition I am nearly 50 have no assets unemployed and have been for 5 yrs cannot afford to bankrupt myself

I have not paid anything for the last 5 YEARS because they never allowed me to calim on my PPI..I have not acknowledged the debt as it has been in dispute all this time and I think that this letter today is last chance saloon for them in view of the 'time' (Limitation Period)

I nevertheless fall squarely within the OFT guidelines..eg.in connection with Collection Activities

1.Unemployed..

2.missold PPI...

3 Not to be subject to the threat of legal proceedings when they have no intention of gonig to court ..

4 An ongoing investigation by the OFT into that PPI and my above circumstances.

Yet these idiots are continuing to fall foul of those guidelines and send this letter out.

I am going to complain to the OFT AGAIN and send them a copy of this letter

m2ae

Lowlifes really are the back end of the DCA's, it makes you wonder if it would'nt be beneficial if the OFT actually joined CAG and read exactly how this corrupt, rotten to the core industry really operates, maybe then they would kick these fools into touch.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!