Hfo help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post, I have been too frightened to post because of the intimidation by HFO via letters and unidentified numbers on the phone. Not sure if even the internet is safe!!!

Who are these people who have a so called debt against me? Never heard of them until I get a letter threatening to take me to court.

Why would I pay someone who I have never entered into a contract with? HELP

Hi miss pickle and welcome to CAG. I have moved your post to its own thread in the Debt Collection Forum where I'm sure you'll get lots of help and advice in dealing with this company.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi miss pickle and welcome to CAG. I have moved your post to its own thread in the Debt Collection Forum where I'm sure you'll get lots of help and advice in dealing with this company.

Hi rory and thank you,

I'm very new to this posting and forum business and a little cautious, where do I pick up my threads?

If you have a read here it will give you info on how to use the site http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory,

Have been reading the forum, related problems about HFO, very similar to my own. Can these cowboys demand response within a set period of time but have refused to supply me with correct documents? Think I'm doing all the right things, communications by post only, recording any phone calls.

They can demand all they want, but if they don't supply you with the correct documents you don't have to respond - other than to make a complaint to Trading Standards. The onus is entirely on HFO to prove any debt exists and they have a legal right to collect.

What documents have you requested so far?

If a third party aquire a debt they can't lawfully add any charges.

I have requested an original crdit agreement but received COPY APPLICATION

Have they refered to this as a copy of the credit agreement?

This is my first post, I have been too frightened to post because of the intimidation by HFO via letters and unidentified numbers on the phone. Not sure if even the internet is safe!!!

Who are these people who have a so called debt against me? Never heard of them until I get a letter threatening to take me to court.

Why would I pay someone who I have never entered into a contract with? HELP

The net is fine honestly..ur in good company here ;)

Please try not to worry & relax if u can...although i know thats easier said than done.

HFO have no power over you and can only ASK you to pay up.

Their letters are designed to bully & intimidate you into paying up asap.

If you doubt the debt is urs then S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them,they then have 12 days to reply & if nothing is heard then they are in default and the legitimacy of them to collect the debt is in question.

Use the citizens advice beauraux/office of fair trading & trading standards if u need to, if u r worried about them & they start to harrass you.

You have rights to INSIST that they cease all contact with you.

Offer them an amount you can afford (£10 per month for example) if they refuse then cease all communication with them & let them take u to court..chances are they wont, but if so the court will agree on an amount u can afford after they take into account all your outgoings etc...the DCA will then be powerless to do otherwise.

If you doubt the debt is urs then S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them,they then have 12 days to reply & if nothing is heard then they are in default and the legitimacy of them to collect the debt is in question.

Surely you mean a CCA request, which has already been sent. They have 40 days to deal with a SAR.

Yes, I've done the appropriate requests, following the advice already posted, ie recorded del, postal orders, S.A.R.. JUST GET A LITTLE ANXIOUS. I also wonder if they read the forums?

They may read the forums but so what? They can't do anything other than bully. And they will receive dozens of SARs and CCA requests every day, so I doubt if they will identify any member of CAG. Don't worry.

• Haha 1

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi miss pickle,

Welcome to CAG, I know its hard but try to relax there are plenty people here to help you through this, most started out with the same dread as you and have now got the confidence to help others.

Just a little support for you and good luck.

Mamie

is your debt with morgan stanley/goldfish and can you scan a copy of the contract they have sent leave out any ID and we can help with it ,but dont worry any contact from now on is by post only any phone calls just play them some music they will soon get the picture and stop calling you but do not worry...if the debt is from another company you need to CCA HFO and at the top of the CCA write I DO NOT AKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY...

patrickq1

welcome now you can have some fun with HFO

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Like you I have been terrified of these people but after joining this forum I have become confident and am ready to fight them. They, I believe, are now in the process of taking me to Court and I can't wait.

Hi miss pickle and welcome

I too was terrified at the beginning and worried as to what I should post on the forum. HFO are definately on the run and have overstepped the mark. Dont worry, if they cannot provide the correct documentation then its a non starter for them.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi, thanks pkq1. much reading to do, appreciate all info. First I was frightened, was taken off guard, but now I'm angry and willing to go the whole hog! Don't get a lot of weekday time online. Need time to compemplate. So will still be posting, but maybe not with scaned docs, just yet. Awaiting further corres. Again thank you. My debt probs are small fries compared to yours by the sound of it.

m.p.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just a little update, have followed all the advice. All corres. in writing, no phone calls and if any, have recorded. Last call from HFO weeks ago, I recorded this call and informed them to that effect. The caller decided they didn't wish to continue the barrage any longer and hung up, so I wait. Wonder where they can go next with this?

Q. When I make a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to original creditor, will any transfer to other agencies or third parties show, i.e. the assignment of the debt to a DCA?

m. p.

whoever you SAR will try to limit what they send you and if you are unhappy with the response just send them a further letter stating that you are not satisfied and feel they have not complied and then we can guide you from their dont worry you are doing ok

dont forget when you do SAR send 10.00 pounds and recorded delivery express is the best though it costs but worth it

patrickq1