booked holiday but reading very bad reviews

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've booked a holiday and paid in full to go this summer.

i'm reading really bad reviews about the hotel though on many internet sites and i've also spoken to two people who've been before and they both said it was terrible.

has anyone any advice on what to do if it turns out to be as bad as what everyone is describing.

ideally i want to know either

the best way to get moved out and into better accomodation as quickly as possible?

or how to gather the right evidence to support a claim when i get back?

cancelling isn't really an option as we're going in a large group of friends so i want to be prepared before we get there

One answer: video camera. Make sure that you film and document every thing that's an issue.

Best way to get moved out? Don't take no for an answer, and keep on bugging the rep. If you have internet telephony, use it to contact their Head Office too and report the problems too so they put pressure on the rep from their side too.

Cancelling wouldn't be an option anyway unless you were prepared to forfeit a lot of money.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Which have advice on their site, you can find lots of information here read around the subject, and you might take a print of any useful info with you, I recall a site that had twenty points to raise with the rep if there is a concern about your holiday.

Welcome to Which?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mc Fad

Don't know if it will help as it is some time ago since I worked there but....

I used to be a holiday rep for a large UK tour operator and the place you mentioned used to be considered a bit of a jewel in the crown so to speak for families (not for young people mind).

Obviously things do change but the only complaints I remember were down to people being dropped off at a central point and left to find there own way to their rooms etc In fact it used to be one of those places people would re-book.

Your painting the holiday bad before you even get there, hence you will now be looking for ALL the bad points, when infact you should be going with the open mind as when you 1st booked the holiday, every1s fews on hotels or resorts differ from one person to the other, one or two bad reports doesnt mean the holiday will be horrid, i'm sure if you took half hour to search, you would find glowing reports that counteract the bad ones, most people when considering booking a hotel or holiday, do research, before even thinking about booking and paying, Go on the holiday, but go with a open mind and forget about the negative points you might have heard about, think of all the postive points of why you choose that resort and hotel, think postive and the holiday will be enjoyable and worth the booking, of course no holiday will please every1, its what that person makes of the holiday at the time, plan ahead of the things you want to acheive/do while on holiday, forward planning makes a greater holiday, ignore what you have heard, and decide once you are there, yes the pillows might be hard the sea might be cold or the hotel might not have a bingo night, the holiday is what you make of it, not the persons whom have given you negative thoughts..............Whats bad for some could be great for others.........

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Another point to consider is that when when people have had a good holiday they dont tend to bother to do a review. Its when people are dissatisfied they are angry and need to vent that anger. Its sad but its like shops or services, you only tend to hear about what has gone wrong and not the positives. We were recommended a hotel a few years ago which we booked and 'THEN' I found the Travel Advisor site which was full of complaints. I was quite aprehensive but it was the best holiday we have ever had. Go with an open mind.

We stayed in the marte a couple of years ago, which is the middle hotel between the jupiter and the saturno. We stayed at Easter time, so it was all just starting to open up and wasn't too busy.

The complex itself was lovely, really big with lots to do for the kiddies. The rooms in the marte were not the best we'd been to, but ok for the week and big enough for a family.

Food again, ok, as were the drinks. As I said though, we were only there for a week, off peak we did say we wouldn't like to go back when it was too busy.

At the end of the day a holiday is what you make it - I hope you have a good time!!

A word of warning though - stay away from any-one trying to give you a flower and then asking for english coins for it. They stole £50 from my mum's purse. She naively got out her purse to look for change, the woman took a hold of it and was tugging at it. Mum realised later that she'd been tugging at the notes and they were missing from the back of her purse!!! Mum got a shock, but she'd just been caught off guard!!

Best wishes.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Trip advisor is generally spot on for hotel reviews but as with everywhere you cannot always please everyone. your going with a group of 12 so you should have a fantastic time, go with an open mind and enjoy yourselves and if by chance you do come across any problems inform the manager immediately and like someone else suggested take loads of photos to back up your complaint.

Whenever i go on holiday i always try and book hotel and flights independently that way you don't pay for the hotel until check out so if it's bad you can just walk out. Some times this can work out a bit more expensive but most times it's so much cheaper.

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

"YOU TUBE" generally has videos of good and bad hotels you could check if it's on there.

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

What travel company are you with?

Last year we changed our mind on our accomodation choice about 3 months before we went and first choice let us change it.

As long as you dont change your flights, I dont think its a problem to pick another hotel.