• Tweets

• There is a letter offering  HM Court and Tribunals Mediation by telephone Does anyone use this? Its free
    • Morning guys As Bank suggested, I've now re-worked my POC to include details of my parcel's original loss,  miraculous rediscovery a month later and subsequent delivery, albeit having been opened and the contents removed. Grateful for your thoughts please, as (P2G having gone very quiet) I intend to initiate court proceedings against P2G tomorrow - 1 May. Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing 8 second-hand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and whilst Evri collected the parcel for delivery on 18 March 24 they then ‘misplaced’ it a day later, formally declaring it lost on 27 March. On 16 April they found it and delivered it on 17 April but, at some point before delivery, it had been opened and the contents removed . The defendant refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is also in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80  
    • Odd one this, I recieved 2 notice's for the 18th and 19th April stating that I overstayed on Wigan Robin Retail Park. Permitted Minutes 180. They state I was there 355 minutes on the 18th and 388 minutes on the 19th. Both times I was there around 10 minutes getting my wife a brew from costa after dropping the kids off at school.  On both days I had passed through there a second time around 3pm, again to get a brew then left. Both notices have 2 images each, Entrance and exit.  This is the interesting bit. The Entrance images both timestamped actually clearly show I am exiting the retail park not entering it. And the exiting images they provided show me leaving the carpark after visiting a second time later in the day. In the attachments You'll see all 4 images show that I am exiting, none of them are of me entering. I understand most if not all that see this post won't know the area but if the look at the map link i gave you'll see the road I was on leading up to the main road. g24 ltd 1.pdfg24 ltd 1.pdf GoogleMap view of the road I am on in the entrance images I would have had dashcam footage but I since formatted the memory card. I tried recovery tools but I couldn't get the files back.  
    • An update: I just got another PCN. I get the feeling that someone in the residence is calling OPS, as it's dated for a few mins after I parked. I won't appeal of course. Interestingly, our cleaner was also parked but didn't get a PCN. I asked them why and apparently they're whitelisted. I did ask the MA if they could whitelist me and they said they couldn't. Clearly they decided not to tell the truth. Surely, this would resolve all of the issues entirely i.e. we'd keep non-residents from parking, whilst allowing for residents to park without issue? Also, could OPS now take me to court for both PCNs separately, or could it be one case?    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cohen & my property

ginnever
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well it would probably leave Cohens open to be sued by the new owners as they are not involved, plus an action by you for a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Breach of data protection with/to whom???

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure that this is how I should be writing this:

Thank you for your letter dated 31st march, 2010, addressed to me at xx xxxxxx. This letter was only passed to me on xxxxx2010 hence the late reply. I have not lived at the above property the former matrimonial home since xxxxxx, 2009 following the breakdown of my marriage.

Following previous court hearings & the claimant failing to comply with the court dated 31st xxxxx 2008 & failure to attend court on the 8th xxxx 2008, District judge xxxx dismissed the application for the charging order. (see enclosed copy)

I then contacted the claimant to have the entry removed from the Land registry who sent a letter acknowledging that would be complied with (see enclosed )

Land registry sent a letter acknowledging that the restriction had been removed from the register by the claimant ( see enclosed)

I am now longer an owner of the above property . The claimant should have sent a copy of the Interim Charging Order and Affidavit to all those with a legal and/or beneficial interest in the property, ie the mortgage lender, I don’t have a copy of this and should this have been carried out the mortgage lender may have advised that the property was to be sold.

. don't know how to finish this letter off any suggestions???? please

Edited by ginnever

On a more serious note you could finish by asking that they inform you of their future intentions.

The court date is very imminent also, & I am unable to attend due to work commitments should I say that I will not be attending ?

by the way I am faxing the response in the morning to both hc & the court

Ginnever, It concerns me that you still haven't contacted the Court yet to verify that there is a definate action, Cohen's are renown for making up letters. Your thread gives no indication of any correspondence from the Court or from the Land Registry, which indicates to me that Cohen's are up to their usual tricks to scare you into paying. A phone call to the Court is all it takes.

I also notice that you still haven't done anything about the original CCJ. I know what you're saying about you don't believe CL own the debt, but the CCJ still stands until such time as you take some action to overturn it. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY ON IT'S OWN.

Start by SAR to OC, lets see what they've got, then we'll take it from there. As regards posting your documents on here, either buy a copier for as little as £50 or take half an hour out and visit your local library to use the facilities there.

But please phone the Court to verify Cohen's alleged Court papers.

Edited by Mightyacorn

Ginnever, It concerns me that you still haven't contacted the Court yet to verify that there is a definate action, Cohen's are renown for making up letters. Your thread gives no indication of any correspondence from the Court or from the Land Registry, which indicates to me that Cohen's are up to their usual tricks to scare you into paying. A phone call to the Court is all it takes.

I also notice that you still haven't done anything about the original CCJ. I know what you're saying about you don't believe CL own the debt, but the CCJ still stands until such time as you take some action to overturn it. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY ON IT'S OWN.

Start by SAR to OC, lets see what they've got, then we'll take it from there. As regards posting your documents on here, either buy a copier for as little as £50 or take half an hour out and visit your local library to use the facilities there.

But please phone the Court to verify Cohen's alleged Court papers.

Still can't believe that not had any further documents from the land registry or the court's.. And would a company sent out all photocopies of documents even their own letter, which I would have thought would have been on original headed note paper.

At which point would Cohen's notify the Land registry, ie. that they are applying for the CO or when the CO has been granted??

Still can't believe that not had any further documents from the land registry or the court's.. And would a company sent out all photocopies of documents even their own letter, which I would have thought would have been on original headed note paper.

At which point would Cohen's notify the Land registry, ie. that they are applying for the CO or when the CO has been granted??

This is my point, Cohen's have previous form for making up letters to look real. The fact that you have had no documentation from other sources rings bells.

Ring the Court this morning and confirm.

Did you save the envelope from Cohen's I have another action with that issue in with the Post Office

No I didn't save the envelope.. but in my case don't think that would have mattered as I haven't been living at the property since last September when I fled the matrimonial home.. hence why I didn't receive the letter till later..

What do I ask when I ring the court?

What do I ask when I ring the court?

Ask them for an update on Court Ref No ????????? the one Cohen's gave you, if they can't find it or they say it's been dealt with, that's fine. Also ask them if your name is listed for hearing on the date Cohen's have given for court. We'll then take it from there.

No I didn't save the envelope.. but in my case don't think that would have mattered as I haven't been living at the property since last September when I fled the matrimonial home.. hence why I didn't receive the letter till later..

The reason I asked about the envelope is to do with the franking on it. I can't say too much but there is an issue of interest to the Post Office

Yes I have spoken to the court & they inform that that all the relevant parties ie mortgage lender, etc, have been informed & that was on the 6 4 10. the lady at copurt informed me that I didn't need anything from the court.. my house was sold on the 14.04.10 so this should be intresting

I have faxed all copies to the court & to HC

Yes I have spoken to the court & they inform that that all the relevant parties ie mortgage lender, etc, have been informed & that was on the 6 4 10. the lady at copurt informed me that I didn't need anything from the court.. my house was sold on the 14.04.10 so this should be intresting

I have faxed all copies to the court & to HC

For once HC have got the paperwork right, but too late. Are you going to Court?

yes hopefully .. don't see how they can attach a CO order thou..

Make sure you are in Court, then you know exactly what is going on, I know you have told the Court and Cohen's about the sale having gone thro' but I wouldn't put it past Cohen's to try and get some sort of order regarding the proceeds of the sale (I don't know if they can or not but you don't want to find yourself in any worse position).

Once the hearing is sorted out, we'll help you sort out the original CCJ.

Thank you, just hope I can get the time off from work..

They can ask for proceeds of sale, but what I got has paid off debts and I still have some debts remaining.. so don't know what they gonna get.. Can't understand thou why they never sent bailiff or any letters during the period before going back to court again?

Debt has cost me dearly, think that Debt skills should be taught in school..

been to court & their solicitor had a word with me, informed him prior to seeing the judge that the house has already been sold.. he then contacted HC who said that they already knew.. and he was to withdrawn.. and to go for costs from me.. well he tried to go for full costs but the judge only allowed the court costs..

The debt is still there where do I go now???

They asked you for Costs despite you having told them well prior to the hearing !!!!!!

Right, you need to SAR the original lender, who I think you said was GE Money.

You need to ask them for copy of agreement, Default Notice, Deed of Assignment and Notice of Assignment.

Yes I think it was £265.00.. The judge only awarded the court costs of £105.00

So I write to the original, yes it was GE Money. I thought that before I had done all this, but it might have been to when Cohen started that I asked for all the original documents & they said that they didn't have to disclose the information..

Can you lead me to the letter/template that I should use.?

thank you

Post #2 is what you need, adapt it to your own personal details:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/190251-subject-access-request-template.html

Make sure you ask for copy of agreement, Default Notice, Deed of Assignment and Notice of Assignment.