Freezing interest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have any experience of getting creditors to freeze interest? I know its their right to keep charging interest but my debt to Mint, after 2 years of paying through a dmp is bigger than before it started. And Halifax, who froze the interest for a year and a half have now reinstated it, as well as a 'late fee' which they tell me will be added to my account every month. I'm never going to get out of debt at this rate even though I've just increased repayments at a recent review. I've written to the Halifax asking them to reconsider. Anyone have any suggestions?

Does anyone have any experience of getting creditors to freeze interest? I know its their right to keep charging interest but my debt to Mint, after 2 years of paying through a dmp is bigger than before it started. And Halifax, who froze the interest for a year and a half have now reinstated it, as well as a 'late fee' which they tell me will be added to my account every month. I'm never going to get out of debt at this rate even though I've just increased repayments at a recent review. I've written to the Halifax asking them to reconsider. Anyone have any suggestions?

WHo is managing your DMP?

What was the original arrangement when you entered it.

bookmarking... halifax told me they are not renewing my credit card but continue to charge me interest

What is the reason for this? Are you in arrears?

They will not volunteer to stop charging interest, if you have other debts that you cannot meet then you need to make arrangements with them all.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

What is the reason for this? Are you in arrears?

They will not volunteer to stop charging interest, if you have other debts that you cannot meet then you need to make arrangements with them all.

No i was not in arrears ... my marriage broke down and my ex hubby didnt pay his credit card bills (with halifax) didnt pay the mortgage (with halifax) the house was sold ... the first thing i got was my overdraft was being taken off me .... the next was my credit card wont be renewed! i never missed a payment .. maybe one or two in the last two years... the house wasnt repossed I managed to get it sold before that happened!

I have never had any problems getting creditors to freeze interest/charges... but have always requested it at the very beginning of making token payments on accounts. This is one of the reasons why I don't like DMPs... IMO, they should be doing all this on your behalf.

What kind of accounts are these ? How many acounts are with the DMP and which company is it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Halifax have replied that they won't freeze interest and will continue to charge every month. However, in 3 months the account will go into default and be handed to someone called Blair Olivers who will not charge interest and will negotiate an amount in full and final settlement. Is this true? Does this sound likely?

Hi Polly

Im afraid its the old our patience as run out scenario>BOS are halifax in house debt management collection (Balir Bank Oliver Of Scott Scotland)

I have stated many times on these threads anybody who is paying nominal tokens to a debt on a payment plan beit direct or via a DMP must prepare for the inevitable outcome that some day this agreement will come to an end.You cant carry on for ever and a day making payments of this nature and the companys will inevitably change tact.As in your case I agree totally with Priorty Ones comments interest should have been frozen initially and was the responsability of your DMP ie Payplan. I do not advocate the use of these companies for that very reason. One must always prepare for round two in this instance and prepare for them to get aggresive after all its the bottom line that matters to them not your welfare or affordabillity.

Have you requested your CCA for said debts this would be your first step to taking control of the situation to stop these muppets giving you the run around and would advise you to do it with urgency with regards to the Halifax account.

Regards

Andy

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks ML

had to go offline Hi polly yes as Mammyslad states letter N template library here http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....templates.html

The S.A.R is used if you intend to reclaim charges back and you should include £10.00 with your request again dont sign and always use Postal orders (no Sigs) If you already access to your accounts and know total figs of penalty charges then you should not need to request this

I trust the above clarifies your concerns

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread