"Going for a Job interview" Oooh I just got the job YAAAYYYY!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been for yet another blasted X-Factor style interview this morning and have had enough of this new style of making people jump through hoops !!!!!:evil:

Nine of us had to take a WHOLE DAY off work to walk around and have a tour of the place, then have individual interviews by 3 men.... then have more individual interviews by 3 women.... BEFORE being short-listed to 4... and then have another round of individual interviews with 4 more people :evil: .... and 4 more people after that !!!!:evil: Can't people make a decision any more without such a rigmarole ?!

I am exhausted !!.... didn't get the job anyway.... and after going through this mindless routine for around 3 months now, am beginning to feel invisible !!:evil:

Really, really, really, mega pee'd off, disillusioned, fed up... and off to find some chocolate and pringles for comfort !!!

Rant over.... sorry.:(

• Haha 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

never, never NEVER, be disheartened priorityone. you keep going, and someday it'll work.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

I don't like this whole Americanised method of interviewing people. What was wrong with the old system where the boss sat you down in a chair in front of him, you had a chat and he said yes or no. I don't even mind the panel interview, but just let's have one of them.

If you join the railway now you have to take 3 days off work to get it though. First the psychometric assessment, then the interview and then the medical.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

what happened to the " turn up, and we'll give you a trial. if you like us and we like you, you get the job" kind of interview ?

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

I remember one interview for a superstore ( not sure if I can name them can I?) there was about 12 of us all round this huge table we had to speak to the person on our right and find out as much as possible about them then introduce them to the group.Than we had to make up an advertising board with a slogan after a discussion about these boards we were then allowed to go home.Then came the individual interviews.

The Job was for part time in staff canteen at supper time.

I couldn't believe I had to go through all that,I did get the job tho

I remember one interview for a superstore ( not sure if I can name them can I?) there was about 12 of us all round this huge table we had to speak to the person on our right and find out as much as possible about them then introduce them to the group.Than we had to make up an advertising board with a slogan after a discussion about these boards we were then allowed to go home.Then came the individual interviews.

If it's true then yes you can name and shame

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Thanks for your comments.... I really don't know what they want any more....

I have a double Honours Degree, Diploma, relevant experience... can drive... If I apply for a job with good pay, then it's the rigmarole described above and if I go for one with less pay, they think I'm over-quallified !!!!! :mad: It's almost tempting to leave the Degree off the CV and see what happens.... I'm just so desperate to leave where I am now before the stress of how the place runs makes me throttle someone !!!

Got another one on Tuesday.... at a lower level than I'd like :( .... but 5 minutes down the road.... so no petrol !!!! :D

Have just waded my way through half a pack of pringles....

Glad you got the job.... but that's taking the pee !!!!:evil:

I think the job market is pretty savage now anyway Sequenci... that's a lot of applicants for 20 posts !! That's the worst I've heard yet....:eek: I have no problems getting short-listed, but the number of applicants is always so huge in the first place that others can just slot into these posts.

No more pringles Mrsc :) .... couldn't even if I wanted to though.... :(

Thank gawd I'm self employed, when I go to see a prospective new client they ask me one question and I ask them one question and if the answer to both is yes I get a new client :).

The questions ?

They ask

"can you do what we need doing"

I ask

"can you afford to pay me" :D

Did think of gong self-employed a few years back, but that comes with its own stresses as well. I have a friend who owns his own business, but works 12 hours a day, 6 days a week...and then there's the paperwork:eek: .. not sure I could take that kind of pressure.

Thank you to FreakyLeaky :) .... everyone is trying to cheer me up.

'Coz I work with teenagers, my friend has just sent this to make me laugh.... lol :D

A father, passing by his son's bedroom, was astonished to see the bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope propped up prominently on the pillow. It was addressed "Dad."

With the worst premonition he opened the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands:

Dear Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mum and you.

I've been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercings & tattoos, her tight Motorcycle clothes and because she is so much older than I am. But it's not only the passion Dad. She's pregnant.

Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people in the commune for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!!

Don't worry Dad, I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your many grandchildren.

Love,

your son Joshua.

P.S. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Jason's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the school report that's on my desk. I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home.

:D

Hi P1, I'm sorry to hear about your interview "experience". As an HR practitioner I fail to understand how these multiple panel interview techniques get a result. There's far too many people's opinions to consider. The most important opinion (although not always the only one) should be that of the person the interviewee will be working for, surely they know what they are looking for?

The only good thing to come out of all your various interviews is that you are adding to your experience of them which should make you more confident - and as for the job you didn't get - it's their loss......

Good luck, I hope some lucky employer gets you on board soon.

Kind regards

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.