Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for your comments - I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by Mags but if there is no appeal there is no appeal. I don't know how long it would take them to send me a copy of the byelaws - I saw from schedule 20 Transport Act 2000 they are obliged to supply a copy free of charge - and if I had a copy it's not obvious what I would gain. (I'm not a lawyer.)

I am getting the impression I shall have to pay but maybe there is no harm in phoning the number and querying on the basis that the ticket says I was parked for an hour and I was entitled to do that.

The ticket says that if you pay by cheque the cheque "must be endorsed on the reverse with your name and address". What if I send a cheque without stating my address? (My name is shown on the cheque.) Is that not a valid payment? Why am I obliged to reveal my address? If I pay the £30 without revealing my address can they claim more, or claim I haven't paid by not banking my cheque? Surely not?

I am irritated this appears very likely to cost me £30 [not least because it would have cost me £30 even if I hadn't paid the £10.50 day parking fee] but I am very keen it doesn't end up costing me more than that.

Do I have to reveal my address when paying?

If you are thinking of paying, and they don't say anything like "please provide your address so that we may send a receipt" then I wouldn't reveal my address unnecessarily to anyone.

Thanks all for the advice provided...I'd have paid UKPC had i not stumbled onto these threads...I got a ticket at 9am on Sunday morning visiting a friend at his privately owned flat, three of us got tickets including the owner of the flat in his own residents space!!

Ive got to the point of 3 seperate threatening red letters from debt recovery plus limited. Interestingly each time i send a letter stating my intention to contest the fine UKPCC write back offering to let me pay at the original reduced rate!!

One question I do have however!!!....

On looking on the sites of UKPCC and DEBT RECOVERY PLUS, they list supposedly succesful court actions made by themselves and stated cases of court cases involving private parking prosecutions - has anyone looked into these to see if they are legit?? (my only remaining concern).

On looking on the sites of UKPCC and DEBT RECOVERY PLUS, they list supposedly succesful court actions made by themselves and stated cases of court cases involving private parking prosecutions - has anyone looked into these to see if they are legit?? (my only remaining concern).

If they thought they stood a chance at court, people would not get the endless begging letters with worthless threats. It would be one letter then court, doesn't happen, ever wonder why?

It is all about bluff, don't fall dor it.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

One question I do have however!!!....

You're reading something into what they say that isn't actually there at all.

They do not claim these are CCJ's obtained for PPC tickets only that they have obtained CCJ's against a list of people and since they chase all manner of debts could be for a whole range of issues. Pound to a penny, not a single one of those is for a PPC ticket.

• 2 months later...

I received my forth begging letter today demanding the £100.00 over parking fee... :eek:... The final warning letter (or so they say) :) before I go to court... :p The 3rd letter was the final letter (or so I thought) :D before I was supposed to go to court...:shock:

They threaten me with £50.00 :razz: solicitor fees £30.00 court costs :rolleyes:

Bring it on…cant wait.. ;)

• 1 month later...

hi

I'm a newbie here and hope you can help. It's great to have a forum like this, and I really object to cowboy hustlers trying to intimidate me into paying out hard earned cash. I've read some threads, and looked through some template letters, and i hope you can help.

I have had several offical 'proper' council parking fines before, stuck to my windscreenk and duly paid them. However, I received a dodgy looking letter on 31st March, stating that a CCTV camera had recorded my car 'parked in contravention at hte location stated below'. Then saying I had to pay £50 which would go up to £75 blah di blah. They had my correct home address and car details, which I now know come from the DVLA (outrageous).

I was going to pay without thinking, when I decided that the 'bill' looked dodgy. Anyone heard of 'Private Car Parking Enforcement Agency'? I googled the website and called the number. I spoke to a Leah Robinson at 2.10pm on 9th April., When I asked her if her company was legal, or if they were just trying to extort money from and to speak to the manager, she put me on hold and noone else came to the phone. I then found this site, and sent the first template letter asking on what basis they feel I've entered into any contract. At the time, I looked for any no-parking signs, and didn't see any. If I'd seen a 'no parking' sign, I wouldn't have parked there!

They replied saying I was parked on private land and parking is only permitted by way of permit. I did not see any such signs, I haven't been back to take pictures, but I will.

The letter says there are large contractual warning signs at the entrances to the roads in close procimity to where my vehicle was parked. I did not see any! I ignored the next letter, and now have another one saying they haven't received payment and if I don't pay £75 in 14 days, I'll owe them £135. If I don't pay that, they'll seek to recover through the county court, 'adding further cost to sums owed.'

Any advice? Most people seem to say ignore it. I don't know whether to send another template, or let them send more threatening letters. I really feel angry that these bullies feel they can extort money from me. I did not see ANY signs saying no parking. If you think I should send another template letter, which one would that be?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Any advice? .

Yes, you have done far too much already, do what you should have done in the first place and ignore them completely.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now had 3 letter from Parking Eye, and finally today a letter from CCS Collect (Debt Collectors). But on Parking Eyes initail letters the payment was going to go from £50 to £80 to £110, but the Debt Collectors are asking for £140.

How long will this go on for? I'm getting bored now.

I take it I should just ignore it

for £2.50 a go. the DVLA says it only recovers the costs of processing but if thats true then you have to ask why they only charge councils 5p for an electronic request.

I've just received my 4th letter dated 22 May, saying 'Final Notice', notification of court proceedings. They are saying to date they've not received payment. I'm now required to pay £135 immediately. If I don't, they will seek to recover the charge throught the county court, adding further costs. If I am unable to pay due to financial difficulties I must contact them immediately.

Do I continue to ignore?

To : barnyboot.

What is your current situation re the PPC fiasco, are they taking you to court or have they gone quiet, have the letters ceased?

Has any of you on here successfully achieved satisfaction and an end to all correspondence by the 'do nothing and ignore' method ?

I can find a lot of people who have grudgingly paid the initial charge, BUT, has anyone actually been summoned and fined or been visited by the balif's ?

Thanks, would appreciate any reply as I can just feel the hook ( received a parking notice from parking-eye last week ) but at the minute the line is still slack !!

Cheers, Johnny.

FINED they CANT FINE YOU its a civil invoice

as for baliffs they cant send them till its been to court and IF you did actually loose then refuse to pay what the court ordered

there are 1000's of posts , take a little time to read them , it will explain how the [problem] works

would appreciate any reply as I can just feel the hook ( received a parking notice from parking-eye last week ) but at the minute the line is still slack !!

Here's Parking Eye's letter chain:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/156986-parking-charge-notice-parking-6.html#post2652589

just ignore everything

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks