Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the above reply from Crem. Have just checked the ticket again and just want to confirm before I ignore it (bit of a scary thing to do I must admit). It's entitled Bedford Parking Services, then lists Traffic Management Act and Civil Parking Acts etc. Under that it says 'Where the PCN is issued for a contravention in an off-street car park, the enforcement authority is Bedford County COuncil. In all other cases, the enforcement authority is Bedford County Council with Bedford Parking Services Acting as its agent.' The ticket was issued by a Civil Enforcement Officer.

I was in a car park so am assuming that alters things and I have the Council to contend with, or are they baffling me with lots of words. That being the case, should I take different action? Thanks again. Am very appreciative of your help.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the PCN is issued by a council, or on behalf of a council then it does move the goalposts into the legal arena. BPS sounded more of a PPC then council, but if it clearly says they act for the council then it makes it a real PCN.

I think the best thing to do now is post a link to the PCN (after removing your personal details from it) so that the council PCN experts on here can have a look at it.

An official PCN does have a valid appeals system (unlike the PPCs) so it may be worth persuing at this stage if you let people see the PCN.

Edited by crem

Trethowans ignored my email I wrote to them some weeks ago, and has gone on to send me another letter, stating if I don't pay them £50 within 2 weeks, they'll pass me back to CP Plus, and they will take me to court.

I'm calling the SRA on Monday, although god knows how they can help me!

I might have to see if I can get a Solicitor on legal aid for this one!!!

what is a ppc? and is cp plus one of them?

i'm trying to get an idea for my own case. ie if you park illegally, and a 'proper' ticket warden catches you, then you don't have much hope, but if if's a private firm (which i'm gathering ppc means) then you can fight it, because they are not the 'proper' wardens. am i right?

Crem, thanks. Apologies, but I am not sure how to do what you suggest. Do you mean scan the ticket and post it somewhere on this site?. I am a new girl and still have not explored all the intricacies of this fab site. I do have a scanner if that is what's required. Ta

Edited by Dee52
Didn't explain myself well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I hope someone can help/advise me..?

I am in a similar situation as southernsoftee.

I have recieved a parking ticket from CP Company but had a valid ticket clearly on display.

I sent them a letter asking for photgraphic eveidence but have recieved nothing apart from a letter saying that they have the photographic evidence but it will only be provided in the event that this case proceeds to court!! The letter then goes on to say that "All vehicles are photographed prior to the issue of a charge notice so that the contravention of the regulations can be confirmed in the event of a dispute".

If they have photographic evidence why don't they just send it and save the case from going to court? :confused:

I persoanlly think they don't have any photographic evidence as i know my ticket was clearly diplayed and a photo would show this!

It's been a month and I have not yet replied to their letter!

Should i reply? Please advise?

a letter saying that they have the photographic evidence but it will only be provided in the event that this case proceeds to court!!

If they have photographic evidence why don't they just send it and save the case from going to court? :confused:

I persoanlly think they don't have any photographic evidence as i know my ticket was clearly diplayed and a photo would show this!

It's been a month and I have not yet replied to their letter!

Should i reply? Please advise?

For the least effort route just continue to ignore. If you don't mind (or even relish a little fight) you could reply "OK, I'll have a look at your photographic evidence when we meet in court" :)

Hi, I have been advised by someone that parking restrictions can not be enforced 24 hrs a day. Is this correct? I received a ppc for being parked in an empty retail car park from 20.18 til 22.53 when all but a Domino's Pizza takeaway were closed.:???:

Hi, I have been advised by someone that parking restrictions can not be enforced 24 hrs a day. Is this correct? I received a ppc for being parked in an empty retail car park from 20.18 til 22.53 when all but a Domino's Pizza takeaway were closed.:???:

It sounds like you were parked in a private retail park in which case you are using wrong terms like "restrictions" and "enforced" which imply legal standing. As it is private they can make whatever "rules and regulations" they like. Equally, as they have no legal standing you can choose not to abide by them (other than on moral grounds like not using yellow bays if it would inconvenience disabled people etc) and ignore their invoice.

If they genuinely don't want parking out of hours, they should have a drop barrier at the entrance.

Thanks for that, so you wouldn't send a letter to them?

Advice within the forums is never to make any initial contact with them and wait till they pay the DVLA 2.50 to get the RKs address. If/when they do this and write to you, update this thread for further advice. :)

(ps I got a PPC invoice 1st week of June and still haven't had a letter to RK)

I have got the letter from civil enforcement demanding a payment of £60 within 14 days or £120 within 28 days. This was the first I knew of the Parking contravention. Should I write to them now?

Hi All,

I am currently working for the NHS, where I pay for a parking permit at £10p/m. I have recently been issued a parking ticket from the trust, for parking on double yellow lines within the hospital grounds. Although the lines were present, I was not causing any obstruction and there were numerous cars parked on these lines. It has been brought to my attention, that these fines are not issued daily and therefore was just unfortunate I received one. The fine is currently for £15, if paid within 14 days. After this it doubles. I have also been made aware that the "permit holders" spaces are being taken up by patients/ relatives attending the hospital.

I would be very grateful if someone would be able to advise me of a draft letter in which i could forward to cancel this fine.

Kind Regards.

Hi All,

I am currently working for the NHS, where I pay for a parking permit at £10p/m. I have recently been issued a parking ticket from the trust, for parking on double yellow lines within the hospital grounds. Although the lines were present, I was not causing any obstruction and there were numerous cars parked on these lines. It has been brought to my attention, that these fines are not issued daily and therefore was just unfortunate I received one. The fine is currently for £15, if paid within 14 days. After this it doubles. I have also been made aware that the "permit holders" spaces are being taken up by patients/ relatives attending the hospital.

I would be very grateful if someone would be able to advise me of a draft letter in which i could forward to cancel this fine.

Kind Regards.

There is no basis in law for them to enforce any "fines". Start a thread, post images of the invoice, and folks will be along to inform you of what action (if any) you might consider.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, can anyone help please, i recieved a parking ticket whilst parked in cornwall in a private carpark in july foe £70, i had purchased a ticket but it fell to to floor by the gearstick of the van when i exited the vehicle via the rear doors, unknown to me.it was visible if you looked through the side window.

I appealled to WJ Parking with no luck (but now realise that was a waste of time anyway).

Since i have recieved letter from CCS Collect stating they authorised to prepare documents for county court proceedings & no dobt legalfees costs intrest will be added to the debt, with other refrences to credit prblems & mortgages etc if i do not pay.

I ignored the letter after reading various things on the internet.

I have now recieved from 'Charles Howard & Partners' a PRE LEGAL NOTIFICATION, & failure to make contact or imediate payment of &130 debt + £160costsmay result in enforcement action via the county court.

Any advice on what to do next will greatly recieved.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. Ever since I wrote my last letter to Trethowans, and they then wrote to me stating they were sending my case back to CP Plus because I hadn't paid, i've still not heard from CP Plus regarding this payment. It's been a good 6 weeks since I was written to last. Fingers crossed that's it now. I'll let you know if anything happens though. I had noticed the car park I got the ticket in, has doubled the charge for parking there for the 2 hour stay recently, which has cuased an uproar. Interesting!!!

Hi all, I wish I'd seen this site before I entered in to correspondence with the "car parking partnership"!!

Unfortunately I think I may have to grit my teeth and pay the £14! But wonder if anyone has any suggestions? I work in the NHS, and pay £60 per year for the privilege of not knowing if I will be able to park at work. The hospital has massively reduced spaces, though we now have a designated car park for staff...which is too small. Consequently at least 50 vehicles a day park "not in designated bays." These are parked on raised kerbs, or on the verge at the side of the staff only access ramp (not blocking or touching the road surface) Lots of us have been parking like this for over a year with no problem, however a couple of months ago I received a fine, as my vehicle was apparently not registered. I appealed, saying I had not realised this; I would register, and could they "just rescind the ticket" (!!) which was ignored. In accordance with their rules I re-submitted my appeal, explaining that I pay, I was not blocking anyone in or causing an obstruction, which was ignored. I then submitted a 3rd appeal, including photos to show the common practice of many people parking in exactly the same way as me, and NOT getting fined. I have just received another letter saying the fine IS correct, it's not their fault if the attendents do not do their job properly, and that they will not answer any more of my letters!

My questions are: do I pay the £14? and do I write to their "complaint manager"? and HELP!!!

Hi all,

I am new to this site and need some advice!

I was parked in the underground parking at the flat I live in, which I pay £60 a month rent for the privilege of having a space. Another driver was parked in my spot so I parked in another bay which I have never seen a car in. I received a ticket from Central Ticketing for "Abused patron parking" with the word "wrong bay" scribbled above the box, I had my permit displayed in my window (with the different bay number on it). Normally I would just ignore it but I have a company car which I have to return at the end of the month because I have just been made redundant (so definitely can't afford to pay the fine!) I don’t want the company to be getting letters when I’ve left.

I have read the posts in this forum and I am wondering which letter to send them and if i should send a copy of my permit to them?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm a newbie on this site and have to say I wish I found it a long time ago.

I recently had a parking fine through the post for £75 for an alleged offence from CCS Collect who are collecting on behalf og G24.

I've sent them an email a copy of which I'm putting below this line....

What evidence do you hold that shows I was parking in your car park over the allotted time? If you hold documentary evidence please provide copies of the same. As a private car park, any claim you have lies in contract and not in Statute. I could only be contractually liable if I personally parked a car in the car park. Mere evidence that a car registered to me was parking in your car park does not prove that it was the case that I parked it.

1. What are your charges for parking in the car park? If there are no charges then what are the contractual terms that you (your client) apply in relation to this car park.

1. Please provide me with a copy of any ticket you claim to have issued.
  2. Please advise me how it is alleged I have breached any purported contract. In anticipation of receiving the documents requested above I would make the following comments:-

• As your claim lies in contract it represents a claim for damages for breach of that contract. Your penalty charge of £75 (OR WHATEVER THE AMOUNT AS THIS CAN VARY FROM SITE TO SITE) bears no correlation to the damages you have allegedly incurred.
  • In light of the damages you have claimed, your claim represents a penalty charge and is consequently not recoverable le in contract law.
  • It is my view that any contractual terms you rely upon to claim your penalty charge are unfair and consequently unenforceable pursuant to the Unfair Terms and Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
  • Please refrain from any further contact regarding this matter unless and until you have answered each of the points above and where appropriate provided copies of the letters referred to. I have found your letters distressing and put you on notice that any further attempt to demand monies from me without responding to my reasonable request for information as set out above, will result in my solicitors being instructed to bring proceedings under the Protection from Harassment Act which entitles me to an award of damages together with a non-harassment order. In that event my solicitors will also seek the cost of those proceedings.

Can anyone tell me, was this the right thing to do or should ALL correspondence be in letter form only and NOT email??

Emails easier for me to be honest

Thanks

Hi Bernie

Thanks for all the excellent information I have followed.

So far i have written to ukpc twice asking them to provide information/ evidence of who was driving the car and so far they have failed to provide any evidence, i have also sent them a letter saying that if they can not provide this then leave cease etc.

However today i recieved another letter saying that they had recieved my appeal (which i find strange as i have never appealed to them or admitted any liabilty what so ever)

they have said that if i pay now they will charge the lower charge of £40.00

there final part of the letter reads (unless i have any additional information that i have not already brought to their attention this dicision is final and further correspondance will be noted and filed ,please do not expect any respose from us.

And they will put the matter in the hands of a debt recovery agents.

My question is

Should i bother to write anymore or just ignore any further coresponce and what power does a debt recovery agency have on this if they have not proved me the driver of the car.

Many thanks

Surferdude

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks