Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they have made a mistake on the time of offence on the ticket, do you think when I get the letter and I say that I can prove my car was in the works car park as was I, they will stop?

You are taking them too seriously. There is no 'offence'. They will ignore anything you have to say, so get you revenge in first and ignore them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Dear all,

I recently received a parking "fine" letter from Excel. The photo included on this letter shows our car parked above Sommerfield supermarket (now Spar) in Broomhill Sheffield. This is the first contact that we've received from this company. The letter doesn't include any specific information about the alleged offence relating to the "fine" and we're left to assume that it was because we slightly overran the time limit for the ticket that was purchased on that day.

Having read through some of the advice posted on this forum I used the appropriate template and wrote back immediately.

Over Christmas I discussed this with a family member who claimed that recently, in Cardiff, a private parking company confiscated his car after he repeatedly ignored demands (admittedly for several offences!) from them. I said that I did not think that this was lawful but have to confess that I wasn't entirely sure and I'm slighted worried that Excel could do the same in my instance. Despite phoning the police, he was left with no option other than to pay a significant sum of money to get his car back.

This is obviously a slightly different situation to the one I'm faced with now but still involves a private car parking company and I'm wondering if anyone else on these forums has experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

its sounds like you saying they clamped and removed it , they cannot remove a car for previous parking, get him to come on here and give the full story, he may be able to get help to get his money back

but we need the full story first

Over Christmas I discussed this with a family member who claimed that recently, in Cardiff, a private parking company confiscated his car after he repeatedly ignored demands (admittedly for several offences!) from them. I said that I did not think that this was lawful but have to confess that I wasn't entirely sure and I'm slighted worried that Excel could do the same in my instance. Despite phoning the police, he was left with no option other than to pay a significant sum of money to get his car back..

Sorry, I don't believe it as stated. What is the real story?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Thanks for the very useful information re: Parking Charge Notices.

I received one (via Lex, the company I lease my vehicle from) a couple of days ago from Parking Eye.

Lex simply forwarded the correspondence onto me, without paying the charge. However, they are also intending to vary my Direct Debit by £15 for one month to cover the administrative cost of doing this.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help on the following areas:

1. Parking Eye do not have my details, as Lex have not supplied these to them. Do I ignore the letter on the grounds that it will be difficult & uneconomical for Parking Eye to pursue? Or do I reply directly to Parking Eye?

2. How do I avoid further £15 charges from Lex, if they receive any further correspondence from Parking Eye?

Many thanks for any help. It'll be much appreciated.

2. How do I avoid further £15 charges from Lex, if they receive any further correspondence from Parking Eye?

Write to Lex re-iterating that you do not authorise them to pay any charges on your behalf other than legally issued Penalty Charge Notices issued by the police or councils. Further, other than the above mentioned PCNs, you do not require them to forward any other mail to you and therefore do not accept any additional charges being levied on your account.

btw, I would also ask for a breakdown of their costs involved in forwarding one single letter to you (which presumably just needed putting in a new envelope and a 30p stamp putting on it)

We are in receipt of your invoice dated x.

Initially, we do not accept that the OPC Penalty Notice dated x 2007 ref. x is valid as set down in our letter dated x 2007 (copy enclosed).

Additionally, we are absolutely dismayed that you have raised the said invoice due to the unlawful actions of a third party without even any consultation with ourselves and then to compound matter matters you advise that you intend to take payment by direct debit on the x 2007.

Notwithstanding that we emphatically reject the Penalty Notice and vehemently deny you have any entitlement to any payment, how you arrive at a charge of £25.00 + VAT, for simply placing a sticker on a letter and posting to us is wholly incomprehensible.

For the avoidance of any doubt, you are not authorised to deduct the said sum in August 2007 or in any subsequent months. We are sure that do not need to remind you, in particular given that you are part of Lloyds TSB, that the direct debit guarantee prevents you from taking such a sum.

In the event you receive any further letters from OPC regarding unlawful Penalty Notices, then please do not forward them to us and charge us £25.00 + VAT for the privilege.

Please issue a credit note for your said invoice.'

I would amend the word "penalty" to be "Parking" as no-one except the council or police can issue a penalty charge at all.

It does depend on what is expressly stated on your ticket.

In my case the word Penalty was the specific wording from the notice, hence the capitalisation in my letter.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

UPDATE - CP Plus Ltd

Hi all and Happy New Year!

Thanks again to all of you who provide the advice - great work.

Ref. Post 672 and to keep you amused and updated:

After my first black Parking Charge Notice (ignored) I have received a red Parking Charge Notice (ignored) and now a black Legal Action Pending notice (ignored). CP Plus Ltd are following all the usual [problem] procedures, but the letters are full of 'should' 'reserve the right' 'seek' and similar threatening but unenforceable words. Solicitors, County Court and Bailiffs now appear in 'bold'. The £40 Collection and Administration Fee has now been added. I continue to take the letters out now and again for a good laugh!

Incidentally I have complained to the DVLA about release of information.

Edited by daylyt
Spelling

....been added. I continue to take the letters out now and again for a good laugh!

Yes, they can make for a little light relief.

Incidentally I have complained to the DVLA about release of information.

Good but probably a waste and whilst you will probably get a reply it will be their stock answer that under the "With due reason we will give details etc....".

What they mean is that "We give out your details to anybody who asks as we want the £2.50 for each request - ta very much".

A letter to your local TS and MP would be good too. Mind you many of them won't be around in a few months so might wait until the next batch are sat in the office !

Blagton.

Thanks for the very useful information re: Parking Charge Notices.

I received one (via Lex, the company I lease my vehicle from) a couple of days ago from Parking Eye.

Lex simply forwarded the correspondence onto me, without paying the charge. However, they are also intending to vary my Direct Debit by £15 for one month to cover the administrative cost of doing this.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help on the following areas:

1. Parking Eye do not have my details, as Lex have not supplied these to them. Do I ignore the letter on the grounds that it will be difficult & uneconomical for Parking Eye to pursue? Or do I reply directly to Parking Eye?

Many thanks for any help. It'll be much appreciated.

Make sure that Lex don't pay the Invoice and then claim the money back from you as to avoid your relationship with Lex getting messy. SOmebody at Lex may open one of the later letters and make payment in the beleif it is a motoring offence PCN.

Whilst confirming the driver details to a PPC isn't advised it *might* be best to have Lex say to the PPC "We are the RK but the driver was....". This should then direct the junk mail to you which you can then ignore at your own convenience.

Lex shoud of course know the difference between a PCN and PPC invoice but in the real world.....

Blagton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks