Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, not sure if this is the right thread, but I need a bit of help.

I totally understand the different issues/benefits in ignoring/responding with the template letters, but I was hoping for some help on my specific situation.

I have recently recieved a letter from 'ParkFarce' stating that I contravened their parking regs.

Incidentally, in the area I parked, they only had signs pertaining to disabled bays. While I don't want to argue about this issue, as it means deviating from the templates, I thought I'd mention it.

The letter seems to objection handle all the issues raised in the template letters (I.E., courts wil frown upon me if I don't admit who was driving' etc. Have the rules changed or have they found a new way to spout rubbish?

I am happy to send the letter on (or post it on here) but I don't know how :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers team!!

GB

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but I was hoping for some help on my specific situation.

Not wanting to appear rude but when dealing with these private companies there aren't really any specific situations or unique circumstances. If I'd crashed my private jet into the Wakefield Westgate shoppers car park and Excel had ticketed me because I was taking up more than one space the advice remains the same. Ignore them.

Not wanting to appear rude but when dealing with these private companies there aren't really any specific situations or unique circumstances. If I'd crashed my private jet into the Wakefield Westgate shoppers car park and Excel had ticketed me because I was taking up more than one space the advice remains the same. Ignore them.

+1 , Well said. Only thing to note is that some people do feel bit apprehension about ignoring I guess. Advice is read all the replies on this thread before posting and make up your own mind, all your questions are already answered on this thread. Advice on this forum is to ignore, ignore ignore. I'm giving advice based on my personal experience with parking eye which I successfully ignored. Advice which I've taken from the intelligent people on this forum.

+1 , Well said. Only thing to note is that some people do feel bit apprehension about ignoring I guess. Advice is read all the replies on this thread before posting and make up your own mind, all your questions are already answered on this thread. Advice on this forum is to ignore, ignore ignore. I'm giving advice based on my personal experience with parking eye which I successfully ignored. Advice which I've taken from the intelligent people on this forum.

The letter seems to objection handle all the issues raised in the template letters (I.E., courts wil frown upon me if I don't admit who was driving' etc.

Rubbish. You are not legally obliged to state who was driving.

Have the rules changed

No

or have they found a new way to spout rubbish?

Yes

I am happy to send the letter on (or post it on here) but I don't know how :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The default advice is to ignore them completely. I wouldn't bother sending any letter because unless it contains a cheque it will be ignored.

Cheers team!!

GB

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi, I've been ignoring letters for a ticket received 8 months ago until recently when my sister and father replied to letters received by phoning up to debt collectors and the solicitors. as far as i know they didn't tell them any details and we're on good ground in that they are addressing the letters to my father who was in south africa at the time of the ticketing!

I was wondering now we have contacted them whether it would be better to send a letter saying my dad was away or to ignore them again. I need them to stop really as my dad is getting tired of it and probably will just ask me to pay to avoid too much more hassle which i can't really say no too as its not his fault at all.

the letter most recently received was the so called FINAL WARNING from the solicitor graham white and co.

thanks

Edited by nsh501
posted by accident

If you are on to Gramham White letters then you are so close to the end of the [problem] it would be madness to crack now. Typically people only receive 2 "Grahma White" letters before they give up so talk your dad into standing firm.

I recieved a parking ticket from a company called Pay & Display parking solutions... I parked in a supermarket car park, which, until this year was always free customer parking. Although there were parking signs, they were very small and we only realised they were there when we return to the car 30 mins later. In fact, thee largest sign visible still says customer parking and there are still trolley parks with the supermarket branding all over it - making it appear to be a supermarkey car park and not a private one.

Do we have a leg to stand on?

I know this forum says ignore ignore... but if we stanbd a chance of succesfully appealing and being done with it, I'd rather go down that route

Welcome to CAG.

Appeal = pointless = they just write some standard response = you stand more chance of success in pushing $hit up a hill with a rubber fork.

Ignore = answer.

Ignore = less work for you.

These people are no better than common thieves.

Edited by GuidoT
Typo

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Private parking companies business plan is to maximise the money they can scare out of motorists. Allowing any appeals would be diametrically opposite to these aims. The only reason they have an appeals process at all is an attempt to give a veneer of respectability and reasonableness to a [problem].

Hi,

Was wondering if you could give me some advice. I have a company car amd have today received a letter from the lease company with a parking charge notice from Parking eye. It states they have photgraphic evidence of me entering the bathgate retail park car park and departing after the 2hr period. My lease company states that they have advised the authority that I may wish to make represnetations and have authorised this, and also that failure to contact the authority would result in a fine being re-issued at an inflated amount. If they receive a secondary fine they will pay and rebill to me at the inflated amount.

I really don't want to pay the £50 charge, however not sure if there is any way out of it with it being a company lease car.

Can you help??

Thanks

I too received a parking ticket from Parking Eye for parking in Bathgate Retail Park (I hadn't realised there was actually a 2 hour limit!).

On advice I ignored the first letter (missing the £50 then £80 payment options) and today received a letter from CCS Collect debt collectors stating that the price is NOW £110.

From the letters people have had from these bunch of barstools what does the price go upto?

I am in 2 minds as to pay it or not, but it's the usual fear of the court action wording that creates doubt.

If I ignore it, how long will it continue for, and how many letters would I expect to receive?

I spoke to the police when I received the first letter and they suggested it was paid as the company could take you to court under civil law.

All help and advice appreciated :)

minute beyond measuring. they have no powers at all and can be told to get lost. they will also have no right of action and will lay themselves open to liability if they did this. and they know its a just mail [problem] just like we do.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Am I right in thinking that they have no legal right to force payment as the car park has actually made no financial loss?

In the case of the Retail car park in Bathgate, it isn't a pay and display (so they can't argue liable loss of earning) it's just a pure naive view of limiting your stay to a time.

Or have I got that completely wrong?

Sorry everyone.....but one other thought (and it may seem ridiculous but need to ask).....

Is the ticket held in the persons name or blacked against the car?

When it comes to selling the car, will the ticket be held with the car or the current owner?

I know it may sound like a dumb question.....but it's one I thought I'd ask.

Sorry everyone.....but one other thought (and it may seem ridiculous but need to ask).....

That is why we are here.

Is the ticket held in the persons name or blacked against the car?

Nothing is 'blacked' against anyone or anything.

When it comes to selling the car, will the ticket be held with the car or the current owner?

The ticket if it can be held against anyone would be the registered keeper at the time of issue. Legally it is against the driver that allegedly entered into a contract with them, As they have no way of knowing, and you are not obliged to give them any information whatsoever, the [problem] depends on bluff, whereby they send out threatening letters the recipient panicks and coughs up. If you ignore their rubbish they are stuck.

I know it may sound like a dumb question.....but it's one I thought I'd ask.

It is not a dumb question if it is one that is troubling you or makes it easier for you to understand the [problem].

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Thanks letshelp, this forum is certainly taking a load off my mind and helped me make the decision to ignore them and all correspondence.

If I do receive anything more threatening, at least I know where's there's LOTS of great folk to help.

This is what makes the internet worth it's weight in gold!

Hi all - I'm back again! Happy to report that on my previous issue (with Parking Eye), I stopped hearing from them. But now I've gone and done it again! This time in a car park in Stockport, that I assumed was free as it was for a shopping centre - daft thing to do obviously! Anyway, I got back to my car to find a Parking Charge Notice, from Excel Parking Services Limited, attached to the driver's window - last time the first I knew was when I got a letter. I'm pretty sure that the advice will be the same, but just checking really. This one states that I 'parked without displaying a valid ticket' - if I'd realised I needed one I'd have bought one! It now says that I must pay £100 - or if I pay within 7 days I can pay 'only' £60. For 20 minutes parking that strikes me as rather steep!

I would welcome any advice. Many, many thanks.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks