Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

buffy there are a couple of things you can do.

(a) contact the DVLA by email and head a mail

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION act request (FOIa)

ask them how many registered keepers details Excel parking have asked for this year or last.

(b) you'll get this from them within 20 working days - then send this info to your local Trading standards - asking if a company that deals in parking should be amassing the figure (it's a massive number I'll tell you !) Surely if they are running their business correctly and not just running a [problem] should not change their operating practices so you pay on leaving. If this many issues arise each year on year - any decent organisation would fit barriers that take tickets - not boast about installing latest technology to identify vehicles leaving.

ask them for advice and maybe if they think like us along the lines that they need to investigate further.

the FOI will take you two mins in outlook

the message when it comes will take you another two mins to the trading stds ..

max time 10 mins of your life .. question is how much of your sleep have excel stolen from you with their letters and stress ?

FOIa is free, TS message is free as a citizen ... and all information requests they should comply.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ask them how many registered keepers details Excel parking have asked for this year or last.

(b) you'll get this from them within 20 working days - then send this info to your local Trading standards - asking if a company that deals in parking should be amassing the figure (it's a massive number I'll tell you !) Surely if they are running their business correctly and not just running a [problem] should not change their operating practices so you pay on leaving. If this many issues arise each year on year - any decent organisation would fit barriers that take tickets - not boast about installing latest technology to identify vehicles leaving.

ask them for advice and maybe if they think like us along the lines that they need to investigate further.

the Freedom of Information Act will take you two mins in outlook

max time 10 mins of your life .. question is how much of your sleep have excel stolen from you with their letters and stress ?

FOIa is free, TS message is free as a citizen ... and all information requests they should comply.

Excellent. Let's get some details for every single sodding private company out there. Should be entertaining. I'll post the results here!

I thank you all for your help in this matter and just cant believe these bullies get away wioth these charges I will be going to my local news paper anon also to warn others about these [problem] artists.

I have looked at the dvla web site and I get 20 different reasons/options to send them an e-mail but i have to give out alot of my information. Is that what you ment or does anyone have the e-mail address to send from my e-mail.

Many Thanks

Edited by buffy-2008

the Freedom of Information Act will take you two mins in outlook

Email sent:

Dear Sir,

Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please can you please supply me with the following information pertaining to the private companies listed in the attached PDF:

• total number of requests for registered keeper details ever made by each company

• number of requests for registered keeper details made by each company in the last 12 months

• total number of registered keeper details actually supplied by the DVLA for each company

• number of registered keeper details actually supplied by the DVLA for each company in the last 12 months

I appreciate this may be time consuming request but I would be grateful for your help.

Reply by either email or post will be fine.

Yours faithfully,

---

Of course, I'm fully expecting to get "the DVLA do not keep individual records from individual companies" as a reply. Cross that bridge when we come to it.

Edited by Al27

Howdo all,

Just another update - latest 'Notice of Intended Legal Action' fell through the door with a thud - new price apparently is £348.37 (initial fine - £141.12 plus issuing claim - £207.25) from Mr White and Co (on behalf of Roxburghe).:-x:-x:-x

Think the give away is in 'INTENDED', followed up with 'INTENDED LITIGATION' and to slam home the threat reference to the fact that you could face serious credit difficulties for upto 6 years.

Even better, ...if you don't adhere to the Judgement Order, bailiiffs will be instructed to seize goods from your address for sale at Public Auction.

All this and only 7 days to reply, unbelievable.

Hope you're all still around - may need to hold some hands to get through this - looks like it could be a bumpy ride. :-o:-o:-o

I have to drive through the entrance to the Chorlton carpark to get to my flat. It's irritating having to deal with all the "fines" we get, but not a big problem. The problem is when friends park in our private driveway in leased cars - the lease company then get a "fine" from Excel and pay it without question, then issue a charge for dealing with it. Excel must make a fortune via this route.

Anyway, i've complained to Excel, my MP and the police regarding this harassment, and i'm almost looking forward to taking it further. I'd welcome a response from Excel on here, since they must be aware of these discussions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors telling me to payup £141.12 otherwise they will involve their solicitors Graham White who will take legal action - Anyone else had a letter from Roxburghe???

As all the advice from you guys i will not pay and will ignore the letter but am looking for re-assurance that this is just excel putting pressure on to get me to pay up for a parking fine that is impossible due to me and my car being 217miles away.

It turned out that they got my reg from the dvla with my address for about £20 -

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the very helpful advice given. My problems started in March and I've duly ignored all letters sent by these [problematic] since. However I feel like I might be getting to the end of it now and I'm going to really miss those letters dropping through my mailbox. I'm thinking of writing to them since they almost seem like friends now. lol. It's a bit like 21st Century bear baiting.

• 3 weeks later...
Just to let folks know i have now had a very impressive looking letter from Graham White solicitirs telling me that they are getting the bailiffs involved do i still ignore these crettins???

Of course you do. They can't just "get in the bailiffs", For that to happen they would have to take you to court (very unlikely) , you lose (very, very unlikely) and then you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders.

"Graham White" solicitors (aka Michael David Sobell) is currently under investigation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority because of all these threatening letters his firm sends out.