Subject Access Request for PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks just thought I would update my last message with Halifax's answer to my letter post #24

What I need to know how is what di I do next ie I have tried to work out what they owe me and I dont understand the CAGs Spreadsheet for this. So any help would be apprieciated.

Dear Scouser9,

2nd December 2008

I refer to your recent complaint regarding the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) on your Halifax loan.

First, on behalf of Halifax, please accept my sincere apologises that you have felt the need to complain. All such complaints are taken seriously indeed and to ensure I have understood and therefore addressed your complaint, I will now take the time to summarise your concerns.

You believe you were mis-sold insurance taken out with the above loan agreement for the following reasons:

• You were not told that the insurance was optional
  • You were led to believe that your application for credit wouild be rejected if you did not take out the insurance.
  • The policty exclusions were not explained to you either before or at the time you took out the insurance. You were therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropiate for you
  • You now believe the insurance was unsuitable for you as you were self employed at the time you took out the policy and was not not made aware of the specific exclusions relating to unemployment cover.
  • You request a refund of all premiums paid to the policy, plus any additional interest charged to you because of the PPI, You would aslo like to claim statutory compensation in view of the fact that you have been deprived of the use of this money.

As part of my investigation into the sale of your PPi, I have considered the information available to me.

Having do so, and in view of the fact that you are a valued customer, I have decided to pay you an amount which will put you back in the position you would have been in had you had not taken the insurance. This is done without admission of liability and in full settlement of your complaint about the PPI on your loan.

Where an account you hold with Halifax is in arrears it is our Policy to offset the amount of redress we are offering against any currently outstanding balamce. By taking this action wea are helping you to ensure that interest and / or charges in relation to your loan are reduced. Therefore, if you are in arrears, the redress will be used to reduce or clear the arrears and any surplus will then be paid to you.

It is anticipated this payment will be made within the next month. If at this time you hold an open account. If you do not hold an open account with Halifax or Bank Of Scotland the settlement will be paid to you by cheque.

I trust that this offer has addressed your complaint fully, however you can of course contact me directly on the telephone number at the top of this letter should you wish to discuss any aspect of my review further.

Yours sincerely

Claire Hardy

Customer Relations Manager

Tel 01244 - 695533

Where do I go from here guys and gals

thanks in advance

Mike

Hello Scouser,

Where is your thread relating to you claim for mis-selling please:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a thread and I have asked for one in my first post on here above I dont know how to start a thread and the link to start a thread on my end doesnt work

regards

mike

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

I dont have a thread and I have asked for one in my first post on here above I dont know how to start a thread and the link to start a thread on my end doesnt work

regards

mike

Hiya Mike,

Have you found the new thread link on the top left hand of the ppi forum. It looks like this.

newthread.gif If you still have problems let me know and I will start up a scouscer thread for you:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks Hellhasnofury, but i am still having trouble, I know what a new thread button looks like but it doesnt link me to a new start when pressed it keeps saying button no link available or I am not authorised ?????.

So yes please can you please start me a new thread with scouser9 versus PPI thread title

I thank you for your advice and help, I think i have posted three letters in this post can you move them to same thread thanks,

Then I can better track of the items

Happy Xmas

Regards

Mike

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks Hellhasnofury, but i am still having trouble, I know what a new thread button looks like but it doesnt link me to a new start when pressed it keeps saying button no link available or I am not authorised ?????.

So yes please can you please start me a new thread with scouser9 versus PPI thread title

I thank you for your advice and help, I think i have posted three letters in this post can you move them to same thread thanks,

Then I can better track of the items

Happy Xmas

Regards

Mike

Hello Scouser,

Have put a thread up for you to use:grin:

Scousers9 ppi thread

Post away

Thanks Hellasnofury,

will use it in future

best regards

mike

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

To THE CONSUMER FORUM

I am grateful to the owners of this consumer forum ,who are doing a wonderful job in assisting us to fight the big greedy financial institutions and this site needs to be supported all the way from by all the members.

Hello MIFJ

Thank you for your kind comments, the ppi forum is made up of many fellow helpers, so if you can start a need thread, we will all see if we can be of some assistance to you:D

TESTING

----------

I wrote to the unscrupulous Bank to send me true and orginal copy of CCA,but they did not send it to me ,instead they wrote as follows:-

( WE REFER YOUR REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTATION UNDER SECTION 78 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACI 1974. WE HAVE RECENTLY RECEIVED A HIGH VOLUME OF SIMILAR REQUESTS.WE ARE CURRENTLY REVIEWING OUR PROCESSES SO THAT WE CAN PROVIDE A COMPREHENSIVE RESPONSE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIRMENTS OF SECTION 78 AND OTHER RELEVANT PROVISIONS OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974. WE WILL RESPOND TO YOUR REQUEST SHORTLY. IN THE MEANTIME PLEASE NOTE THAT PAYMENTS DUE UNDER THE CREDIT AGREEMENT MUST NOT BE MISSES.IF PAYMENTS ARE MISSED CHARGES MAY BE INCURRED ON THE ACCOUNT AND LEGAL ACTION MAY BE TAKEN.MISSED PAYMENTS CAN ALSO AFFECT CREDIT RATING AND MAKE IT MOE DIFFICULT TO GET CREDIT IN TH FUTURE.)

The account is in dispute since 2003 and all charges and interest are frozen since then due to dispute.

Can anyone tell me what the hell they mean by writing me such a silly letter and what to reply to them? I AM CONSIDERING TO SEND FOR SAR, Please advise

Jungleman

Hello tryingtogetby,

hello just a quick question and so sorry if i should ask this on my own thread but dont know if i will get an answer or not ,i am goin to send your letter to my creditors but some are with dca so do i send to the or or the current dca ,thanks in advance

I believe you may be in the wrong forum for Creditors and DCA issues please see this forum for help....

Debt Collection Industry

This I believe is the forum that can best hep you;)

Good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello masterixas,

I've a loan with NatWest. My questions:

This Subject Access Request letter need to be sent to my local NatWest branch where I got the loan from, or does it need to be posted to their Head Quarters?

Thanks

You can start with your local branch. They are the ones holding your information. If it needs to be passed up to higher level they will do this. The only drawback is the timescale if they take their time then your PPI claim is slowed.

It may be worth your time sending to your local branch and copying to the head office just to make them sit up and take notice:D

hope this helps

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Masterixas,

Check your thread here where i gave you your answer yesterday

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/182141-sarn-request.html

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Man-in-financial-jungle,

I believe that if you are,or have, followed the earlier advice from 'hellhasnofury' then her 'tick tock' comment applies. If you haven't used the tried and tested format as shown - then do so without delay.

Man-in-financial-jungle,

I believe that if you are,or have, followed the earlier advice from 'hellhasnofury' then her 'tick tock' comment applies. If you haven't used the tried and tested format as shown - then do so without delay.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi Kennyh

Thanks for your email. Yes, I havefollowed the earler advice from Hellhasnofury and I shall apply her tick tock comment.

i am grateful to Hellhasnofury for her valueable advice in this matter.

Regards

Jungleman