HFO Services - please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. Lou this is complete rubbish. They are threatening and harrassing you. They need stopping. May I suggest that everyone who has been harrassed and is getting nowhere with them alos writes to this grubby little solicitors Turnbulls who represent them. www.turnbullrutheford.com I would send the letter pointing out that they are harrassing you and you will take action if they don't stop. Send the template letter re telephone harrassment. I would also add a covering letter saying that they should supply a copy of your credit agreement and evidence of a letter of assignment. Send the £1 and request your agreement and statements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Also demand details of HFO's complaints procedure as HFO are refusing to give it to you and if it isn't forthcoming within seven working days tell them you will report them directly to the FOS and the FSA and OFT and do it, don't just threaten.

I doubt this solicitor will be too happy to be bombed out with complaints and may put pressure on their client to stop such activities.

Actually Rhia I don't think the solicitors will. They are part of the same set up. The actual firm is a limited company run by one solicitor. However, the early registered office for the solicitors was the same as HFOs. They seem to ignore anything they get sent and just go on harrassing people.

All CAGers can do is complain en masse about the activities of HFO to lcal TS, the OFT, FOS and the Legal Complaints Service about Mr T's legal outfit.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look what I found

http://www.hfoservices.citymax.com/page/page/2667727.htm

I'm ok at the moment Rhia with the calls but they mentioned my father's FULL name and I was horrified. I've sought professional advice regarding my finances now and BR is best for me but I am going to pursue HFO regardless of my financial status because they caused upset to my mother who was scared to answer the phone in her own home and she's nearly 60. Granted she's a young a fit 59 but they don't know that!

I haven't had anything from Turnbulls all I've had is one letter delivered by special post "First Logistics" in July and a leaflet from them. No bills or letters pursuing the debt just an hour long phonecall a few weeks ago that led me here. Thank God.

I will write to them and I can't believe they're advertising 40 new jobs - which they'll all have to leave when they GO UNDER!

Lou,

First Logistics is a 'delivery' company used by the same mob who run HFO. They trick people by saying they have a package or important letter to deliver and then send the usual HFO stuff.

What a fantastic thread this is! Thank you Lorna and all the contributors. My poor wife received an HFO letter today, the first contact ever, stating '...since you have ignored our previous letter...' and then the same threat Lorna was given about putting a charge on the house, sending in the boys to take our property. Bloody liars. :mad:

Needless to say my wife was worried sick. She is at work at the moment and I will refer her to this thread. I might even get her to contribute.

This outfit is evil and they should be stopped using such bullying tactics.

Hi. I have already spoken to Rhia about HFO in another thread. Up until now they have just been phoning me. Today I got home from work to find the exact same letter as diction had, - saying I had ignored their previous correspondance (which of course I have never received), and they were putting a charge against my house and sending the Bailiffs round etc. I was going to start a new thread here once I had received a County Court Letter or something, but seems so many other people are having the same problems with them too. They are so rude and obnoxious - and my "adviser" is obviously not English either. When I put the phone down on him the other day - he shouted "don't put the phone down" and immediately rang me straight back. I was at work but luckily they do not have my work number - only my mobile, but I can't turn it off as my Father is elderly and in ill-health so I have to have it on for family emergencies. He also told me that they would not deal with PayPlan who are handlng my debt problems.

By the way - just a question. The house I live in is in joint names with my husband, and the debt they are hassling me for is an unsecured credit card debt in my name only. Can they in fact put a charge against a jointly-owned house for an unsecured debt that is not in the name of both mortgagees? Thanks.

Rosie,

They can't send in the bailiffs or put a charge on your house without a court order. I have lost count of the number of times that I have recieved these types of letters and if you follow advice from this site then you will soon get them off your back.

Good luck

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

I would like to give you all a little hope in your battles with this monstrous company.

Although they operate under the name of HFO Services Limited, they are in fact collecting on behalf of HFO Capital Limited which are not even registered with Companies House. This is indeed a subsidery of The Concillian Group who are registered in the Caymen Islands. The Directors of the Company also Directors of many other shady operations and live in very large multi million pound homes in Chelsea, Kensington and Surrey. Turnbull is also linked to all the addresses and in fact the 'state of the art offices' (see their web site) is also Turnbulls address. The information I have uncovered about their operations is too lenghthy to go into but if you are willing to spend a couple of quid, log onto Companies House. It makes very good reading and will be their downfall. Look at their filed accounts for Roxburghe Limited, Express Delivery Limited, HFO UK Limited, Ontrack Investigations Limited, First Direct Logistics Limited, HFO Services Limited and HFO UK Holdings Limited. You will not be surprised to see who the Directors are and how they are all inexplicably linked to each other. The Directors of HFO are Kevin Harper and Badri Nathan. If there are any budding accountants out there, look very closely at the accounts!

These bods are in breach of every financial service regulatory body, including Consumer Credit Act 1974, OFT debt collection guidance, Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, Financial Services Act 1986, Data Protection Act, Companies Act 2006 and Insolvency Act 2000.

I wont bore you with my own situation as I am waiting to serve them with breaches relating to my SAR, CCA request and CPR request.

I must say I sought advice from this forum based on the despicable way I was being treated by them. Having read some of the very disturbing cases on this site I am totally mortified that in world where the consumer is supposed to be protected, these animals can continue trading despite the endless complaints to all the recognised regulatory bodies. These organisations should be protecting us and quite clearly do not care.

There is always power in numbers and I would urge everyone to complain to OFT, Trading Standards, FSA (remember your terms and conditions remain with the original firm and they are regulated), FSO, DTI, Companies House and yes you've guessed Customs & Excise! (See filed accounts).

Hope this information helps.

The net is closing in!

• Haha 1

This is brilliant. Well i hope they are visiting this thread as the case I am working on is set to go to court. They have seven days to come up with all the paperwork -we will go by the law even if they won't and then hey ho hey ho it's off to court they go and there will be complaints to every official body I can think of and boys and girls I suggest we all do the same. One complaint on its own won't do much but a persistent shower of complaints and people will take notice.

This is brilliant. Well i hope they are visiting this thread as the case I am working on is set to go to court. They have seven days to come up with all the paperwork -we will go by the law even if they won't and then hey ho hey ho it's off to court they go and there will be complaints to every official body I can think of and boys and girls I suggest we all do the same. One complaint on its own won't do much but a persistent shower of complaints and people will take notice.

Rhia

I think One is great and have PM'd them becasue my situatin is similar. I've also done some research on these cowboys as I am already in court. See my response to you on the other thread. I'm not keen on discussing on forums when Court proceedings are ongoing but there are some lessons from my experience I think might be useful to caggers. can you pm me if you want to discuss more condifentially. I suggest we also involve Onecall1.

I am reluctant to use PM's for advice on court cases. In fact I won't offer advice strictly by PM, but will reply to threads.

PLEASE NOTE: Any incorrect advice can not be corrected when PM's are used, where as it can on open forum.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Please can someone help as I am slowly drowing in despair. I had 2 claims with Barclaycard for unfair charges. Writing to them merrily. Then get letters and phone calls fropm HFO and then turnbulls. No answers from either to requests for info. Never received response to request for CCA or documentation to support sums they claimed. Turnbulls say they are passing file back to HFO who will contact me. HFO advise by phone they have nothing to say to me as they intend to put a charge on my property at the earliest convenience. Nothing further heard from HFO, then receive 2 summons from Court. I send of ack of servs. Postal strike intervenes and I now have to Judgements entered against me in default which I am now in the process of trying to get set aside. Due to postal strike, it takes three and a half weeks for the court to send me the Judgements in the first place - by 2nd class post! and therefore they are now firmly registered with the registry trust thereby prejudicing my position. Am in process of drafting app to set aside, leave to file def and to counterclaim. However in process have lost the will to live - not a joke - I truly have gotten so low. I think the hurdle to overcome is that at the end of the day I probably do owe some amount to someone, somewhere, so is a court going to set the judgements aside.

PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help at all?

Thank you

blue fairy

Blue Fairy. Start your own thread up as your case may get lost in Loopy Lou's thread. You will geta lot of help. Now you need to apply to get these set aside and I am no expert on this so hopefully with your own thread someone will come along who is.

When you apply for this I would attempt to get cases moved to a court near your home. If they haven't supplied a copy of the agreement in both cases use the Court Protocol Rules (part18 and submit a request to Turnbull and the court for a copy of the origianl executed agreement and absolutely any other info you need to fight them. they are disgraceful.

Blue Fairy. Start your own thread up as your case may get lost in Loopy Lou's thread. You will geta lot of help. Now you need to apply to get these set aside and I am no expert on this so hopefully with your own thread someone will come along who is.

When you apply for this I would attempt to get cases moved to a court near your home. If they haven't supplied a copy of the agreement in both cases use the Court Protocol Rules (part18 and submit a request to Turnbull and the court for a copy of the origianl executed agreement and absolutely any other info you need to fight them. they are disgraceful.

Having spoken to the Court a few weeks ago, they told me that HFO track all their cases on line. Every day HFO check if an acknowledgement of service has been returned and if not they apply for the CCJ on line which is registered immediately. They submit literally hundreds and hundreds of claims at a time knowing that some people will now how to deal with them but many wont and end up with CCJ's before they know the procedure. The court is fed up with them and the judges know that if it does progress to a hearing, they very nearly always turn up unprepared without the correct documentation. Like Rhia I dont know enough to advise you but there are many very knowledgeable people on this site who will help you through. Keep your chin up and focus on kicking their butt. Good luck

Having spoken to the Court a few weeks ago, they told me that HFO track all their cases on line. Every day HFO check if an acknowledgement of service has been returned and if not they apply for the CCJ on line which is registered immediately. They submit literally hundreds and hundreds of claims at a time knowing that some people will now how to deal with them but many wont and end up with CCJ's before they know the procedure. The court is fed up with them and the judges know that if it does progress to a hearing, they very nearly always turn up unprepared without the correct documentation. Like Rhia I dont know enough to advise you but there are many very knowledgeable people on this site who will help you through. Keep your chin up and focus on kicking their butt. Good luck

Onecall1 - please may I ask you a question? My case has not got to a legal situation yet - just lots of threats from HFO and I have sent them a CCA Letter. But if I do receive a letter from the Court, can you tell me what an "acknowledgement of service" is? Is it literally just a letter from myself acknowledging receipt of the Court's form, or is there a template somewhere? Sorry to sound stupid. Thanks.

Rosie when you get a claim made against you in court the court send you the form with the particulars of claim on. You should also get an information pack explaining your options. You have three options you can choose on the form, in your case it would be acknowledgement of service. You then send the form back to the issuing court and are given a further 14 days to submit a defence.

An acknowledgement of service simply means that you acknowledge service of the claim and wish to defend but have not as of yet fully prepared your defence.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Rosie when you get a claim made against you in court the court send you the form with the particulars of claim on. You should also get an information pack explaining your options. You have three options you can choose on the form, in your case it would be acknowledgement of service. You then send the form back to the issuing court and are given a further 14 days to submit a defence.

An acknowledgement of service simply means that you acknowledge service of the claim and wish to defend but have not as of yet fully prepared your defence.

Thank you so much Rory, for explaining it so clearly. Hopefully it will not get that far, but at least I am prepared! One other question if you don't mind. Now that I have sent the CCA letter to HFO, if I get anything from the Court in the interim period (whilst awaiting a reply from HFO), should I still send back this acknowledgement, and tell the Court I am awaiting a repy to a CCA? Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions.

Now that I have sent the CCA letter to HFO, if I get anything from the Court in the interim period (whilst awaiting a reply from HFO), should I still send back this acknowledgement, and tell the Court I am awaiting a repy to a CCA? Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions.

You would just send back the acknowledgement, at this stage the court wouldn't be interested that you are awaiting a reply to your CCA request. They only want to know if you admit the claim, are going to enter a defence straight away or acknowledge service of the claim and will submit a defence later.

But we'll cross those bridges if you get anything from the court regarding a claim.

You would just send back the acknowledgement, at this stage the court wouldn't be interested that you are awaiting a reply to your CCA request. They only want to know if you admit the claim, are going to enter a defence straight away or acknowledge service of the claim and will submit a defence later.

But we'll cross those bridges if you get anything from the court regarding a claim.

Again, many thanks Rory. This place is amazing, - so full of knowledgable and supportive people, and good advice. Thanks.

Again, many thanks Rory. This place is amazing, - so full of knowledgable and supportive people, and good advice. Thanks.
Rosie sorry I did not get back to you I have been away from my PC. Looks like mine is going the whole way as the case has now been transferred to my local court. I will keep you informed of my progress as I understand it is unusual for them to take things this far.

Regards

If a company, such as Hfo takes over the 12 days to send a cca what happens then? Can they then pursue the debt when you recieve it? Sorry to sound ignorant, i just don't quite get it. If they do provide me with my cca can they then continue to pursue me through the courts?

After the 12 working days the account is in default and they can not lawfully enforce the account (this means asking for payment. applying interest, etc). If at a later date however they do produce a copy of the agreement that complies with the Act e.g. contains all the precribed terms, they can then once again enforce the account.

No, the CCA demonstrates that they have a legal right to enforce the account. Often the copy of the agreement can't be produced or it does not contain all the prescribed terms. If the account can't be enforced this puts you in a very strong negotiating position. If a conforming copy of the agreement can be produced then you need to look at claiming back any charges on the account to reduce the balance.

Not really, unless there are charges on the account.