Capital One and claiming back charges** won + comp int!**

huggys boss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We thought we had this sorted, but now both our brains are battered!

We received our SAR back today and have decided to reclaim the charges. The card goes back to 2005 and there are a few £20 ones on there.

We have used the spreadsheet to work things out but...................

We know the APR went up from 29.9% to 34.9% and Huggy is trailing through the SAR documents now to see if it tells us in there. If we can't find the date, can we still claim them all back at 29.9%?

Also, is there anything else to add on. We have read a little bit about 8% compound interest. Is that already in the spreadsheet calculations? If not, do we add it on ourselves and when?

Finally, how to approach Capital One? Is it a friendly letter or an official one?

One last thing, on the RO Requirements Form print out it says PPI Required? and the box is marked Yes, but we can't find any PPI charges on the statement. Not going for PPI anyway but just a thought :???:

Can anybody help and ease my poor battered brain?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

i've moved this to the cap1 forum

have a read of a few teads here

you'll get the idea

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What I did was to add the different interest rates together and then divide them by the number of different interest rates..

In your case.. you have

29.9% + 34.9% = 59.8% divided by 2 = 29.9% . That saves having to use 2 interest rates.. unless the higher interest rate has been used more than the lower interest rate.

The 8% interest is awarded only if it goes to court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for that. We have posted it off this afternoon so will update if and when they respond.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

i will let this pass citizenB only beacuse i had to look twice :???:

oh, b*gger, b*gger.. that should have been

64.85% divided by 2 = 32.4%.. Please, please tell me you spotted the deliberate error before posting your claim form ..

I am so sorry..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

PMSL, we posted the form before seeing your post. Huggy decided to try his luck at 34.9% as we really can't remember when the rate changed. Have a feeling it was around the time they reduced the £20 charge to two £12 ones though!

Received this yesterday.

img0271.jpg

Now it is nice that they are looking in to it, but we gave them 14 days and they are saying 4 weeks!!!!

i also got a text message on my phone from Freddy Inept asking me to ring them .so i did it's about the above account with crap one.

So i felt i had to educate the little man (come on it's not there fault there I.Q is in single figures ) he was quite shocked when i told him in the end that all my calls are recorded and that capital one should have made them aware of that fact.

Now going to ring capital one's Excutive response center on 0115 843 3792 option 3 and thank them for the letter and that the 4 weeks that it may take to get the information is not acceptable and they have untill Fri 23rd. all recorded of coarse.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

UPDATE.

just got of the phone (yes it is recorded ) to there Excutive response center and let me tell you ! i told them straight you push me i push harder. Well the guy on the phone said that an offer has been made :whoo: and do i want to know how much for ? i said no put it in writting he said he has so waiting for the bloody postman NOW!.

anyway a had the last laugh the guy on the phone it seems was recording the rugby match NZ v JAPAN to watch after work :shock: So i told him the score and hung up. :smile:

UPDATE.

just got of the phone (yes it is recorded ) to there Excutive response center and let me tell you ! i told them straight you push me i push harder. Well the guy on the phone said that an offer has been made :whoo: and do i want to know how much for ? i said no put it in writting he said he has so waiting for the bloody postman NOW!.

anyway a had the last laugh the guy on the phone it seems was recording the rugby match NZ v JAPAN to watch after work :shock: So i told him the score and hung up. :smile:

That was cruel :lol:

BCOBS

update still have not recieved any letter from capital one regards my claim for charges although they have told me on the phone how much they are going to award me. less than 5% of my request but have yet still not got anything in writting.

the 14 days are up tomorrow what letter do i send them now. HELP

If you're going to push then the nest thing is the lba because you set the time limits. They have not responded by the 14 days so 7 or 14 day lba is the next step.

Be prepared for Cap1 to take it right to the wire and even actually go to court to defend.

ims

anybody here

or well maybe not looks like i'll get more help if i put it on face book.

this says it all.

There are currently 2336 visitors online. 113 registered Caggers and 2223 guests

sad very sad.

Edited by huggy41

@Huggy, don't take it personal lol, there are members here that will help and has spread themselves all over the forum. I know of one kind person ' Slick', he tends to come on late though as he has his own live etc etc

The best thing is read some more here. Your LB looks fine in regards to what you have said so far...... I will warn you though from my own experience Capital One is hard work I am at the court stage with them and if you are serious you need to get reading not only on here but on laws and case laws in order to try and get them to settle and as IMS says they will go

ALLL the way before a Judge. Especially with charges beyond 6yrs. I am not trying to scare you, but it is what it is, the days of easy claiming, I believe is over, so you got be prepared to prove your case which can be done with understanding and be prepare for the fight. JMO

Hi

Looks fine to me although I would be inclined to take out the line about refusing their offer. Suppose they're actually offeingr what you want and their letter is actually in the post?

If you get that in a couple of days, you don't want it to have crossed with a refusal letter.

Regards

ims

They told us over the phone what they are offering Ims and it is a joke. We put in a 4 figure claim and they offer a lower 2 figure payment. This is going all the way.

We have just tracked down the missing letter that Cap One sent on the 14th. Just been on the phone to them and got them to email it to us and guess what......

They have sent the letter, account number and claim form to the wrong address. Right street, but wrong house number!!!!!

We have told them we are going straight to the ICO.

They get the address right for the statements etc!!!!!!!!

Why is life never simple?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

congratchamp.gif

I WON

got a 3 figure sum as compo for them sending letter to wrong address.

rang them on the phone to thank them and also ask them if they had also revised there offer for the defaulted sums ?

they said they had not recieved my letter declining there offer SHOCK HORROR it was on the same letter just above were it says you have 7 days in which to reply i said.

this was at 12:30.

also reminded them that the 7 days is up today and will be going to the court house to submit at 3pm so i will give you till 2pm to get back to me by email.

1:30pm got email back from them with an offer i could not refuse. ALL CHARGES BACK EVEN THE £12 ONES PLUS INTEREST.

So they first offered 5% of my claim, 7 days later and 1 letter upped the offer to 96% of my claim only because 1 of the payments fell outside the 6 year rule.

can site team change the title status to WON please

well done

excellent news

shows it can be done

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...