AS Parking - Promenade car park Perranporth

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've received a NTK from above dated 4/9/15 in relation to "not displaying a valid ticket" on 4/8/15.

They say the option to pay discounted amount has been lost as i didn't do this within 14 days of PCN issue.

I parked there most days and without exception purchased & correctly displayed the ticket.

No PCN/NTD was attached or near to my car.

It was only this weekend that I cleaned the car out of the receipts!

I have read similar threads on here but am struggling to follow some of the abbreviations...

Can you clarify the following please -

- do I write a letter disputing their claim & say i paid?

- do I admit to being the driver?

- do I just say I'm not paying?

I'm just unsure how to word it.

I believe the next stage is then that they should send me a reference with which I can appeal

(through a supposedly independent appeals process?)

Thanks

T

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have they provided photographic evidence of your car parked without a ticket visible?

You never say you are the driver

, they have contacted you as the keeper of the vehicle so you respond as that entity.

They are wrong about the discounted period as well, that is against the rules they are to abide by

so worth a complaint to the IPC copied to your MP (not that the IPC will take any notice but it does create a paper trail)

Do you have any of the tickets from that venue you can post up so we can get an idea of the format of their ticket

as there are many people here who suffer the same "disappearing ticket"

NTK. They do it as you can see, to try and claim more money but the PoFA says that the discount period for the keeper starts when they get the NTK

, although the wording does confuse tha matter by not differentiating between the methodology of para 8 and 9

so you can read it their way if you are minded to mangle the common meaning of words.

I would respond by saying that the driver purchased and displayed a ticket as per the conditions so the alleged breach of contract did not occur and no money is owed by the keeper or anyone else.

You put it to "strict proof" to them to show otherwise.

Sounds daft but have you looked though your bin for the tickets?

doesnt matter if you cant find the right one

, just locate one of around that date and you can show that you do pay.

As you are a habitual user of that car park I would be keeping all subsequent P&D tickets just in case they want to try again.

• 2 months later...

Hi, further to this incident, I received a letter with a photo of a FPN attached to the windscreen as well as a close up shot of the windscreen itself. The windscreen shows a ticket, but it has slid down the dashboard and appears partially obscured. However, all you have to do is lean over slightly and the details would have been readable through the darker strip at the bottom of the window if that makes sense?

The reason for this is that it was the windiest day ever (!) - I even had leaves and sand in the car when I got back that had come in through the vents? The tickets are not adhesive which adds to the problem.

I had a letter from AS Parking saying they had referred it to debt collectors and would not enter into further correspondence with me (the owner of the vehicle). I have had several "final" letters from DRP in Dukinfield saying if payt not recvd, they will recommend court action. I'm not comfortable with not replying to these - should I just not respond at this stage or what?

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Toni

have they provided photographic evidence of your car parked without a ticket visible?

You never say you are the driver

, they have contacted you as the keeper of the vehicle so you respond as that entity.

They are wrong about the discounted period as well, that is against the rules they are to abide by

so worth a complaint to the IPC copied to your MP (not that the IPC will take any notice but it does create a paper trail)

Do you have any of the tickets from that venue you can post up so we can get an idea of the format of their ticket

as there are many people here who suffer the same "disappearing ticket"

NTK. They do it as you can see, to try and claim more money but the PoFA says that the discount period for the keeper starts when they get the NTK

, although the wording does confuse tha matter by not differentiating between the methodology of para 8 and 9

so you can read it their way if you are minded to mangle the common meaning of words.

I would respond by saying that the driver purchased and displayed a ticket as per the conditions so the alleged breach of contract did not occur and no money is owed by the keeper or anyone else.

You put it to "strict proof" to them to show otherwise.

Sounds daft but have you looked though your bin for the tickets?

doesnt matter if you cant find the right one

, just locate one of around that date and you can show that you do pay.

As you are a habitual user of that car park I would be keeping all subsequent P&D tickets just in case they want to try again.

Dca's are not baillifs

And are poowerless

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

never respond to a dca or they know you are worried and think that by contorting their misdirection a little more you will fall for it. If you want to see who you are dealing with look up the company and see if they are registed as licenced deposit takers with the FCA. If they are not then legally they arent allowed to handle money for another person. If they do a runner and the debt ws real you would still owe it as you havent given it to an authorised entity. You will see that evn the common solicitors who act as debt collectors fall foul of this. You wont get the OFT, FCA or SRA interested though, we are nothing in their eyes so tough if you do get rooked.