What should you do if you are unhappy in your job ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been in my temporary job since June of this year (was out of work for over a year) which I got through an agency. However, over the last few weeks there has been limited of things for me to do during the day which has mainly been filing.

I know I should speak to the agency but would I get into trouble if I said something about how unhappy I am?

I am also looking for other jobs at the moment.

Thanks and hope the above makes sense.

Hi louise,

Just thought I'd say the above does make sense, I don't really have any advice for you but hopefully others will.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

For a start, why use the word unhappy? Why not just open a conversation about how the nature of the job is not using your strengths or qualifications? Or that you would like something a little more challenging?

Unhappy is an emotive word which conjures up images of personality clashes, mistreatment etc

Agencies are used to this - it is their role to find appropriate work for your qualifications, personality or experience. It is extremely unlikely that they would judge you for asking for an alternative placement. Think of what you would like to be doing and job match accordingly. You might be stuck where you are for a while longer but at least you can have people looking for something else behind the scenes for you.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

as you are employed by an agency just contact them and ask about any other jobs they have at the moment that you could be considered for. You dont have to stay where you are but it wouldnt be wise to just chuck it in without something else to go to and I'm sure that the agency would appreciate your feedback anyway.

• 3 weeks later...