Terrified of Ruthbridge

Reliant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a very weird letter from someone called Yvonne Richards from Ruthbridge.

No details just telling me that "This address has been identified to us as a forwarding address for our customer with whom we need to establish contact.

The information was verified and supplied to us by a CRA"

They go on to ask me to phone ............ and quote a reference number

Im beside myself with worry.

I had a MBNA card account for £6000 that has been in dispute since September 2008 and having CCA`d MBNA, they passed it to a DCA who again passed it on.

It all went quiet for months and now this.

I have heard horrible stories about bankruptancy proceedings and homes being lost and Im terrified.

Thay are saying that I have to contact them within 10 days or they will issue "further correspondance or arrange for an agent to telephone"

What can I do ???

If I cca them again ive heard they will use the £1 as payment against the debt thus aking it look as if I have acknowledged it ?

Please help Im really scared.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you do nothing

and stop being worried about a flippin' dca

THEY HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS!!

they only send threat-o-grams

ignore them

and do some reading

they are NOT bailiffs

they can do nothing to you

end off

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore it they are just a tracing company for DCA, any reply and it confirms who you are and restarts the DCA chasing I would file it but dont respond to it. Just see what happens next I doubt very little. Dont worry

• Confused 1

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

First thing to do is to relax, sweet fanny Adams is going to happen overnight or without you knowing.

Is this the first letter you have had from toothless ruthbridge?

DO NOT WORRY! I know this is easier said than done, but I promise you that there is NOTHING to fear, it is ONLY money, it is not life or death, the latter will only happen if you allow it to worry you.

What did MBNAlink3.gif say in response to your CCA request?

When did you take this card out?

What is the current balance of it and are there any charges that have been added to it, or PPIlink3.gif?

DO NOT ring toothless ruthbridge up EVER!

If they ring you, laugh and hang up, if they persist in ringing then there is a letter you can send informing them to stop.

Keep a diary of events, and all the letters, including the envelopes, that you receive.

You will note that all of the letters claiming that they are of the utmost importance and to act immediately, are all sent 2nd class post, TNT, walk sort, and the like, not a single 'important' letter is ever sent first class post.

You should also note that all of the letters are computer generated and sent out by the hundreds and thousands on a weekly basis, the purpose of these threats of "imminent legal action" and "official warnings" is psychological rather than actual, once this is realised then the letters cease to have any effect or credibility.

Calm down, get your house in order, get as much paperwork together as you can and work out exactly what it is you owe, what charges or PPI they have added that you can reclaim and check your credit file to see what, if anything, is on their.

Jeez...that was quick whichever MOD is on??? Thanks.....

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you every one.

Bazooka:

I have never heard of Ruthbridge until yeaterday. Ive never seen such a weird letter. It says nothing about what they want or who they represent.

The card was taken out in something like 1998 by my late wife in my name. I won`t go into that but it was a very big part of why we split up.

MBNA Wrote to me saying no agreement exsited ( they sent an application form and a credit agreement for me to sign), but that the account was enforceable and then they promptly sold it to Intrum Justica. I went through the process with them too and they sold it to Aegis. Same thing and then it all goes quiet and now I hear from these people.

Balance is (I think about £6000).

So I just wait ??

Thank you every one.

Bazooka:

I have never heard of Ruthbridge until yeaterday. Ive never seen such a weird letter. It says nothing about what they want or who they represent.

The card was taken out in something like 1998 by my late wife in my name. I won`t go into that but it was a very big part of why we split up.

MBNA Wrote to me saying no agreement exsited ( they sent an application form and a credit agreement for me to sign), but that the account was enforceable and then they promptly sold it to Intrum Justica. I went through the process with them too and they sold it to Aegis. Same thing and then it all goes quiet and now I hear from these people.

Balance is (I think about £6000).

So I just wait ??

If MBNA told you in writing they had no agreement then the account cannot be enforceable but what would you expect THEM to say... :wink:

Have you kept that letter saying they had no agreement?

I also have an MBNA card with no CCA and 2 letters from MBNA saying it could not be retrieved, dating back to around the same time as yours (early 90s).

What is the history of this card? Over the years MBNA have bought a large amount of CC accounts from different sources so all are different. Mine was from the A&L and I've heard most agreements got destroyed! Where was yours originally?

• Confused 1

I think it was a Halifax card at first but Im not sure. Im lloking through all my own paperwork but Im in such a state I cant remember where I put anything.

Ive worked myself up into a terrible mess because of this. I suffer from depression and right now Im fighting the urge to get rid of all this for good. I cant help worrying. I wish I could.

The first round with these people nearly had me committing suicide and now it feels like its all starting again.

Im so frightened I will lose my house. I own it outright but virtually nothing else. I work as a nurse for people with learning problems and Im on minimum wage.

Ruthbridge are a DCA renowned for taking

on the dross of debts that every other DCA

has had a go at and failed, they are well known

for makinf outlandish threats that have no basis,

it has been reported previously that even alleged

threats of pyhsical violence have been made.

I would suggest sending the prove it letter to

the boss Mr Emmanuel Amissah at their HO

in Twickenham.

Keep it simple with them as far as I am

aware they are not prone to court action

as their behaviour would be exposed.

I had thread a couple of years back about this

mob they have a tendancy to crop up with unenfoeceable

accounts just before Christmas.

Also they may well have bought the debt if it very old

and will hope that complacency will make someone pay up.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

please, please, please don't let this company scare you or make you worry.

I was in a similar state a while ago and then I found CAG. I used to have sleepless nights, lying awake with worry. However, after good, sound advice from people here, I've learned about my legal rights and how best to reply to these companies, if at all. I am now managing my debts (those that are being legally sought by DCAs) and am able to sleep soundly.

You say you're frightened that you'll lose your house. To start off with, a credit card debt is NOT a secured loan against property. You are highly unlikely to be threatened with bankruptcy. The DCA needs to prove they have a right to collect the alleged debt and that it isn't already statute barred before they can even start to take matters further.

When is the last time you made a payment or acknowledged this supposed debt?

It would be helpful to have a chronological list of events on the account so we can see what's what. Just post details or scans in this thread (remove any personally identifiable stuff - including account numbers and bar codes) and we can really start to put your mind at rest.

Don't worry, don't lose sleep. You WILL get through this smiling on the other side! :)

Cheers

H. x

Ruthbridge are the most easy DCA to see off,

because of the status of the debts they chase,

don't speak to them ever.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

you are on a phishing list

IGNORE THEM..

now

when was YOUR last financial transaction

and

does it show on your CRA file.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hx DX in my experience with Mr. Amissahs company

they don't do phishing, what they do is buy or attempt

to collect debts that no one else would even bother to

send a phishing letter, if if I could find my old contributions

on this bunch of rogues I could refresh the old memory.

I have seen them off easily in the past.

Brig.

Im amazed at how kind and supportive everyone here is. Ive been reading up and ive noticed that a lot of these threads just seem to stop dead with no indication of what has happened. I hope no one minds if I make my thread a sort of "Ruthbridge diary" and record here just what happens on an on going basis. I feel better that I can come here. Im still worried but thats just me and how I am. But Im going to fight it.

please answer the questions in post 17

dx

and they

If you really want to fight address all

mail to Emanuel Amissha it realy bugs

him.

Brig.

Oh and please let us know if the unhol;y clones

Jason And Julia Evans turn up.

Sorry DX but that is just my problem. I have no records of any sort. All I have is a letter from MBNA that says they cannot trace the CCA after my wife departed and I started getting threatening letters in about 1998, after I asked to see the agreement. I have no records of any purchases because the card was never used by me. I wouldnt mind if id have got a decent meal out with it or something but I never gat a bean.

How do I see my CRA file ??

Thanks for the advice Brig.

I will keep everyone informed all the way through mainly so newbies like me can find out how things develop. It helps if you know what is around the corner, so I will keep a record of everything that happens here. Sorry if I ask daft questions but I am not experienced at any of this sort of thing.

No problems, get free 30 day trial on line

from Experian (Credit EXPERT as advertised on TV)

and Equifax all easily accessed on line, check

for any default entries and searches by the DCAs.

Brig.