Terrified of Ruthbridge

Reliant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

, please don't stress over Ruthbridge they are the very bottom

of a very deep pond, you need not do anything at all at this point

as you do not know what they are trying to collect, just remember

that they are not court officers, they have no powers to do anything,

so you don't need any links to any letters now.

Just sit back and wait for their next meaningless bluster and posturing.

DO NOT WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD !!!!! if you get any more Ruthbridge threatograms just post

them here and we will bev ready to help.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

What's occurred? if you have a problem

alert the site team by clicking on the triangle next to

the star at the bottom of the post.

Brig.

How do i change my username on here ??

Have alerted the guys that do this for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm past the point of caring anymore! Especially with my latest run in with some excitable corporate revenue guys...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The DCAs are certainly trawling the Forum as anyone can see

from newmans thread on 1st. Credit and his court case screen

shots of CAG posts etc.

Vigilance in watching for lurkers who are watching threads but

never posting anything.

Brig.

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE

Two letters today from Ruthbridge one saying how Intrum Justitia has appointed Experto Credite as asset managers for the account including the outstanding balance which has gone from what is shown on the credit report as £6730 to £8472.99 !!!!

It goes on to say how Ruthbridge have been instructed by Experto Credite have appointed them to recover the debt and that if I dispute the amount I should contact them immediately.

It then says that depending on my financial status provision may be considered by way of an "attractive settlement option" which could reduce the the sum due or that they may consider instalments but that option would only be considered against the full outstanding balance.

How can this have gone up so much. What do I do ??

The second letter says again that Ruthbridge have been instructed by Experto Credite and that I should contact Ruthbridge and not Experto Credite.

It then says If I do not respond they may recommend that their client applys for a county court judgement whicj may result in a County Court Judgement which will add costs to the debt and that further action could also ensue which could mean a baliff entering the house and seizing goods for auction.

They also say an application can be made to the court for an attachment of earnings or a charging order made aginst my home.

How has this increased so much ? Im sick with worry again and the only way out I can see is to give in to them. Please please help me I cant face this The credit report I got is only a couple of days old, where have they got this amount from ??

For Gods sake help someone Im literally being sick Im so worried.

user_offline.gifreputation.gif report.gif progress.gif

The first letter is from Yvonne Richards and the second from Marcus Graeme. What is going on ?? They say that if I have previously informed Intrum Justitia that the sum due is disputed to tell them "urgently" if I still maintain this position.

I cant think straight, panicking so much help me someone.

I have just noticed something else this is NOT the MBNA debt as I first thought this is from a debt that was defaulted on 24th August 1999 and was assigned to Intrum Justitia in July 2004.

Intrum Justitia wrote to me on 3rd October 2008 after I CCA`d them returning my £1 and telling me the agreement was not available. I still have a copy of the letter from Intrum Justitia telling me that the agreement was not available and attaching list of my payments to them showing that I stopped paying them on 05/09/2009 after I had CCA`d them.

Really scared. What to do ??

If yuo are not sure what the debt is send Ruthbridge the following

Fao Mr. E Amissha

Ruthbridge Ltd

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

Datexxxxx

Take Note I Do Not Acknowledge Any Debt To you or ANY Company You May Claim to Represent,

Ruthbridge Ltd has failed to provide any proof what so ever that this ALLEGED DEBT is owe by me.

Until strict proof of any liability on my be half is provided no further correspondence will be entered

into;

The ALLEGED ACCOUNT is therefore FORMALLY IN DISPUTE.

I will take the opportunity here to remind of the OFT Guidance On Debt Collection 2003 updated October

2011, I am sure I have no need to remind you of the relevant sections regarding disputed accounts.

I also remind you that telphone or other electronic commuincation, home visits are not under any

circumstances to be made.

A copy off this letter is being forwarded to the OFT and Consumer Direct together with copies

of all correspondence from Ruthbridge and companies Ruthbridge claim to represent.

Further contact unless it is to fulfill the requirements set out above will be considered harassment

and suitable action WILL be taken'

Send recorded to Amissha at the Twickenham address marked PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL.

Send them the letter above, keep quet for now on there being no agreement available.

Brig.

The original debt was taken out with Barclays and they sold it on 15th July 2004. It isnt on my credit file BTW.

Following the letter from Intrum Justitia (above) I wrote back on 7th October 2008 telling them that I had written to them on 25th September 2008 requesting the CCA and that as they had been unable to comply with my request, the account entered default on 13th October 2008.

After that last letter I heard no more until Ruthbridge contacted me.

How can Ruthbridge be chasing this when Intrum Justitia even sent back my postal order ??

It looks like Intrum Justitia has sold the debt to Exoerto Credite and they have sold it to Ruthbridge. Im so worried.

right please listen............

either you are a wind-up

or

you do not listen to what you are told,

these co's HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS

you or i could, easlity, and legally send out simular letters.

totally ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is the kind of debt they involve themselves in,

the default must have been somtime earlier they

are removed after 6 years paid or not.

Ahh I see now defaulted 1999 but not stat barred

because of payments 2008/9.

Send the letter I have drafted for you.

Brig.

Right stop worrying have done what you have been advised to do in this thread?

They are just threats to get you to pay, the telling thing is they are willing to settle very attractive settlement,

what this means is they have very little chance of enforcing debt in anyway so they offer you an attractive figure so they get the money back they paid for the debt.

All the stuff about CCJ's Bailiffs etc is empty threats.

If they go to court they have to prove the debt is enforceable also you have opportunity to defend yourself.

I suspect they know they have little chance of court success hence the threats.

I've had these letters from other DCA's my response is "if you have such a strong case and think you have then take me to court" and guess what not once have I been taken to court ever.

Please re-read this thread and see there is very little powers these thugs have all they got is threats and intimidation and hope that works.

You have nothing to worry about I strongly doubt this will ever see the inside of a court room but make sure you have followed the advice.

If not then please start doing it, they will soon clear off when they know they arent dealing with a mug and their threats aren't working.

Stop worrying

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

right please listen............

either you are a wind-up

or

you do not listen to what you are told,

these co's HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS

you or i could, easlity, and legally send out simular letters.

totally ignore them

dx

Sorry If I come across like that dx. I suffer from clinical depression and have a reminally ill wife. I get very nervous and upset sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

There is the point here that it is/was a pre April 2007 agreement and the original

has been confirmed not to exist.