***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello nitrous oxide,

I have to ask is that chemical dangerous?:cool:

Thank you for the well done :DI have now a letter prepared awaiting further response from RBS. I am asking for their offer plus 8% from the day after the loan started up to 1 aug when I may send the letter. It does increase my claim by a few quid watch this space for detail.:eek:

aa

LOL, Nitrous Oxide is laughing gas! Think dentist or pain relief in hospital (gas and air). It's also used to increase the power of engines :)

Anyway 8% seems good, although you probably paid contractual. You'll probably find they will pay up on 8%.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello nitrous oxide,

yes I have used Dual Calc the OFT calculator and the apr on my four loans works out at 20.9%, 20.9%, 13.3% and 17.2% nothing like the APR shown on my CCA's perhaps I should work out the interest since 1997 using those APR figures!!!

It could add a few pence more to the claims:rolleyes:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello AA,

Well done, been a bit of a slog for you, but your are now on the right side of this.

Personally I would go for the contractual interest first and then negotiate down to the stat interest, on all the premiums and interest that you paid:-D

Remember if they have made a goodwill gesture, its because they know they don't have a case, but will start off offering the mininum in the hope you will take the bit of the cherry. your want the whole cherry and nothing less than you are happy with. :-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi AA

Many congrats on achieving a fair degree of success so far - more than I have done on my claim!

There seems to be some doubt as to what interest to claim on the PPI premiums you have paid on your loans.

IMHO, and as I have learned from my claim for IW vs MBNA for mis-sold PPI, you have in effect paid interest at their full contractural rate on all PPI premiums, and have actually paid out, and lost, that money - if the PPI had not been there, the money you paid them in premiums would have gone instead towards reducing the outstanding balance of the loans, hence reducing the interest charged to the accounts.

Again, IMHO, their current, and probably highest, contractural rate is the one to go for over the whole period of the loan - if the PPI had not been there, the current outstanding balance, on which you are paying interest at their current rate, would have been reduced by the total value of all PPI premiums paid.

As I see it, you have a rock-solid case, both morally and legally, for claiming full contractural interest, as I have done with my claim - you have actually paid out, and lost, that money - rather different to the bank charges scenario where that ammount of money hasn't actually been lost!

Hope that I'm not interfering, as it were, and hope that what I've said helps.

All the best - Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Hello hhnf, adamc, missmuppet and paintball and all of you,

Firstly hhnf,

Well done, been a bit of a slog for you, but your are now on the right side of this.

Personally I would go for the contractual interest first and then negotiate down to the stat interest, on all the premiums and interest that you paid:grin:

Remember if they have made a goodwill gesture, its because they know they don't have a case, but will start off offering the mininum in the hope you will take the bit of the cherry. your want the whole cherry and nothing less than you are happy with.

I have used the OFT dual calc calculator to work out the figures and lo and behold their rebate figures are way out of kilter with the statutory figures that dual calc comes up with, so firstly I will be asking for the difference between what they gave me as a rebate and what the OFT calculator says I should have received. Discrepancies on all four loans:eek:

I will start by claiming the contractual interest they charged me on all four loans and see what happens.

Next adam,

Many congrats on achieving a fair degree of success so far - more than I have done on my claim!

There seems to be some doubt as to what interest to claim on the PPI premiums you have paid on your loans.

IMHO, and as I have learned from my claim for IW vs MBNA for mis-sold PPI, you have in effect paid interest at their full contractural rate on all PPI premiums, and have actually paid out, and lost, that money - if the PPI had not been there, the money you paid them in premiums would have gone instead towards reducing the outstanding balance of the loans, hence reducing the interest charged to the accounts.

Again, IMHO, their current, and probably highest, contractural rate is the one to go for over the whole period of the loan - if the PPI had not been there, the current outstanding balance, on which you are paying interest at their current rate, would have been reduced by the total value of all PPI premiums paid.

As I see it, you have a rock-solid case, both morally and legally, for claiming full contractural interest, as I have done with my claim - you have actually paid out, and lost, that money - rather different to the bank charges scenario where that ammount of money hasn't actually been lost!

Hope that I'm not interfering, as it were, and hope that what I've said helps.

looking at the mess they have produced namely CCA's with the wrong APR Incorrect statutory rebates etc I intend to start with a claim for the contractual interest as mentioned above.

Thank you for your post and no, you are not interfering and yes, all posts are helpful as you know others are giving you moral support

and missmuppet,

Well done Alanalana, your long battle was all worth it:-)

not there yet still got to get this resolved and I am still waiting for a response to my RBS claim for three more loans (they have not yet responded but they have until 29 July then FOS and Court)

and Paintball

You go girl :grin:

Thank you but it is MR lol:D

I may enclose a copy of my Ministry of Defence War Pension Letter just to show I have the evidence of Pre Existing Medical Conditions

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I may enclose a copy of my Ministry of Defence War Pension Letter just to show I have the evidence of Pre Existing Medical Conditions

Hi

Did you no do that when you started you claim?

Hello adamski,

no never did I was busy trying to get full disclosure from my SAR and in fact I still am as the ICO and FOS are still on my first complaint. If I do not get reasonable offer to settle my claims then it will be complaint number 2 to FOS and then Court if need be.

I have been desperately trying to make sure I got everything from my SAR so I would not get any surprises from the Bank like "oh by the way we forgot to mention we have this information"

RBS have until 29 July to respond to my first claim sent 2 June for repayment of PPI on three loans.

The second claim for four loans well you can see they have made a goodwill offer which I have yet to respond to.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello all,

this is my response to the goodwill gesture letter.

Mr xxx

address

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group

PPI Customer Concerns Team

Regulatory Risk

5th Floor

1 Hardman Boulevard

Manchester

M3 3AQ

Dear Mr xxx,

Re: Direct Line Loan accounts. Reference numbers:

Account No xxx 11/4/1997 to 17/12/1998

Account No xxx 17/12/1998 to 17/12/1999 (Shown as 1998)

Account No xxx 28/6/2002 to 15/3/2003

Account No xxx1 15/3/2003 to 22/3/2004

References:

A. My original claim for the mis-selling of PPI dated 9 June 2008. To Retail Regulatory Risk office in Edinburgh.

B. Your Reference xxx dated 27 June 2008.

C. Your Reference xxx dated 08 July 2008.

I write in regard to the above References A, B and C.

Firstly I acknowledge receipt of Reference C. It is however apparent that you have failed to respond to my concerns in Reference A and I quote

“I would point out that the last account on the list arrived without the appropriate Consumer Credit Agreement being attached. You should despatch this to me as a matter of urgency as my SAR under the Statutory requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998, specifically Section 7, sub sections (1) ( c ) (i) and (ii) has still not been fully complied with. In fact the failure of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group to comply with a Legal Statute under Law is the subject of a very serious complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service, Financial Services Authority, Office of Fair Trading and the British Bankers Association.”

It appears that you have failed to respond in any way to this concern raised in my letter!

Your Reference C also states, and again I quote:

“On this occasion I have been unable to confirm precisely what information you were given at the time you purchased the policies. In the circumstances, as a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability, the Bank is prepared to make you the offers detailed below”

As pointed out in my Reference A your Bank were aware that I was in receipt of a Ministry of Defence War Pension as your paperwork shows I was required to provide proof of the income from that War Pension to be considered for approval for a loan. I attach a copy of my War Pension letter as proof of Pre Existing Medical conditions.

At no time were any questions put to me with regard to any possible Pre Existing Medical Conditions that I may have which would preclude me from making any claim on the Payment Protection Insurances applied to the loans.

In each case of all four loans, Insurance was applied without your staff ensuring that it was fit for purpose.

You now offer a “gesture of goodwill ” to offer me a refund on the PPI payments that I have made on each of the loan accounts.

I would yet again point out that the original PPI payments were single premium payments with interest at your current rate added and you have made no offer of repayment of any interest on the payments that I have made on each of the accounts.

I would therefore require each of your goodwill offers to settle my claim, to include the contractual interest as applied to each loan. Therefore I will require repayment as follows:

Account No xxx 11/4/1997 to 17/12/1998.

Your offer £481.66 + contractual interest @12.8% from 02/05/97 to 19/07/08 = £686.62

Total repayment required = £1,168.28

Account No xxx 17/12/1998 to 17/12/1999.

Your offer £430.05 + contractual interest @12.8% from 01/02/99 to 19/07/08 = £521.21

Total repayment required = £951.26

Account No xxx 28/6/2002 to 15/3/2003.

Your offer £511.56 + contractual interest @ 8.1% from 01/08/02 to 19/07/08 = £247.37

Total repayment required = £758.93

Account No xxx 15/3/2003 to 22/3/2004.

Your offer £1,257.34 + contractual interest @ 7.8% from 01/05/03 to 19/07/08 = £512.13.

Total repayment required = £1,769.47

Therefore the total sum required for settlement of this claim is £4,647.94.

These figures are as at 19 July 2008 further delays in settlement will of course increase the amounts I am claiming until a satisfactory settlement is agreed.

I await a response at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully,

xxx

Any comments on this proposed letter would be welcomed.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello aa!

Letter looks good.

I suspect they knew you would be asking for Interest but, being bankers, they felt it worth trying to slip out the Refund Offer with that missing, in a last ditch attempt to see you off.

Go for the Interest, and also ask if you can have a Free RBOS Mousemat, RBOS Memo Pad and RBOS Parker Pen...to help remind yourself who not to bank with ever again!

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by yourbank
not getting involved in PPI issues

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

quick comments and apologies for the late late arrival.

Hardman Boulevard team do not deal with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s period.

The quote about not being able to confirm what was said to you is simply that. They cannot confirm as in the recording of the call what the advisor said. The validation of income is slightly different to what they are saying to you.

Eh?

I think you may've posted on the Wrong Thread?

Cheers,

BRW

Hello Yourbank!

Can I ask what has not been understood?

Alanalana posted a letter on page 8 and asked for comments, and I commented. Have I missed something out?

No offence intended, just could not see how your Post related to this Thread! Still can't to be honest.

This is not intended to criticise you, it just looked like you had posted to the wrong Thread by accient, which can happen when many Threads are open.

Alan did have a Letter at Post #8, but Page 8 is hard to find, as it depends on how many Posts you have per Page, I am set at 40 Posts, so I can only see 3 Pages of this Thread.

Again, not a pop, just could not understand your post as it stood.

Cheers,

BRW

Your bank,

quick comments and apologies for the late late arrival.

Hardman Boulevard team do not deal with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s period.

The quote about not being able to confirm what was said to you is simply that. They cannot confirm as in the recording of the call what the advisor said. The validation of income is slightly different to what they are saying to you.

Firstly glad you posted:)

Secondly

Since I started my claim I have written to four different RBS group offices!

They have delayed responding directly in some cases!

They have given incorrect or useless information in some cases!

They have passed information between offices in some cases!

If Hardman Boulevard team do not deal with SAR then that comes as no surprise as I am yet to find and RBS office that does:eek:

Hence my complaint to ICO, FOS, FSA, OFT and BBA.

RBS are basically flouting the law of the land. Please read my full thread to see the full story.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

by alanalana:

RBS are basically flouting the law of the land. Please read my full thread to see the full story".

How Right you are...I am still waiting for the results of my SAR, as is a colleague; six months now! ICO involved, still no SAR.

What is their problem, what are they trying to hide?

AC

Angrycat,

...their monumental stupidity and gross inefficiency I should think!

But, you have to feel sorry for them, it can't be easy hiding something that big!

BRW sums it up in nutshell8-)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Edited by yourbank
left quoted part within thread

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

yourbank,

Hardman Boulevard address deals with all PPI claims for the RBS Group including NatWest (who I work for as you will know by now).

I did not know but one or two on CAG had a good idea you worked for the RBS group.

perhaps you would be kind enough to ask your bosses to deal with my post 96 (on this thread) which was sent 2 June 08. I have the Royal Mail online receipt for delivery of my letter. They only have 8 days to respond before the 40 day deadline runs out. Then the complaint goes off to Financial Ombudsman Special delivery with a mass of papers and letters all marked chronologically to make it really easy to follow. (This is going to cost me a stack of cash as the Special delivery package is going to weigh at least 2 kilos) This is to make it easy for the FOS to follow what the RBS has not done. ( honest ) Not going to look very good when your Manchester office has made a goodwill gesture on a claim from 9 June and cannot respond to a claim from 2 June within the statutory timescale.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from