• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello hhnf,

I was trying to find the link regarding the RBS/NW chief executive decision to look into complaints more thoroughly before referring to the fos. and I popped over to ask you which one it was and there is was, thanks:grin:

As I stated before, I was really surprised that they were refunding TMAngel back her ppi from 2000, when they have blankly refused to enter into any dicussion about mind. So think I will contact them again in light of the executive decision. Won't hurt to start it up all again, might spur them on to decide what to do about me. good or very bad:grin:

DO IT;)

They seem to have no standard format in dealing with PPI claims. I know they may all differ but I believe they are still looking for an escape route, therefore offers of goodwill or settle small claims before Court action as they know they will have no chance. Larger claims lets just make life difficult for the claimant no info provided, wrong info provided, false info provided and no response to letters within the 8 week statutory period. They know this will put back any claim by 6 to 9 months or more with the backlog with the FOS. Imagine the interest over that period on multiple mis-sold PPI policies.

Good luck when you take it on;)

aa

Edited by alanalana

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello hhnf,

As I stated before, I was really surprised that they were refunding TMAngel back her ppi from 2000

I forgot to mention I had a goodwill offer without any admission of liability for loans back to 1997. The timing seems to be irrelevant in some cases.

However the without liability kind of lets them off the hook on mis-selling and if the sums are small they are no doubt likely to accept the loss rather than go to Court action or face the Ombudsman and eventually the FSA. They will want to keep the squeaky clean, sponsor everybody image rather than have a black mark against them8) Nobody likes bad publicity especially in todays Financial meltdown.

aa

Edited by alanalana
sentence added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Please all see this re PPI from BBC news 9 Sept if you have not already seen.

BBC NEWS | Business | PPI still mis-sold, says Which?

If the link does not work this is the main content...................

PPI still mis-sold, says Which?

PPI for credit cards costs customers nearly £1bn a year says Which?

Many people are still being misled into buying payment protection insurance (PPI) to cover their credit card payments, Which? claims.

A survey for the consumers' association suggests that nearly 10 million people have a PPI policy with their cards.

But 13% - 1.3 million - bought it under the mistaken belief it was compulsory or would improve their chances of having their card application approved.

Which? said people were wasting their money buying any form of PPI policy.

"Credit card PPI is a modern day snake oil - it's a useless product, expensive and poorly designed," said Doug Taylor of Which?

"In this time of economic uncertainty, people are effectively throwing away £970 million each year, when they should be encouraged to seek independent financial advice about protecting their finances as a whole," he added.

This was rejected by the British Bankers Association (BBA), who said the insurance was a valuable "plan B".

"Taking out PPI is not a condition for agreeing to provide the borrowing facility and people are free to shop around if they want to," a BBA spokesperson said.

"Last year, a mystery shopping exercise carried out by the FSA showed improvements in staff making it clear to customers that cover is optional and new rules which came into force in July tighten the PPI regime even further," the spokesperson added.

PPI is designed to ensure that people can still repay their loans, such as credit card payments or mortgages, if they fall ill or become unemployed.

Criticism

Consumer bodies such as Which? and Citizens Advice have long campaigned against the selling of PPI, describing it as little more than a protection racket run by the banks to boost their profits.

In June this year the Competition Commission calculated that customers were being overcharged for the insurance policies each year because of a lack of competition at the point of sale.

Meanwhile the main financial regulator, the Financial Services Authority (FSA), has fined 11 financial organisations in the past two years for mis-selling the insurance.

The most high-profile example was that of the Liverpool Victoria friendly society - now called LV - which was fined £840,000 earlier this year.

Its staff had tagged on the cost of PPI insurance to the quotes it gave to 14,500 customers who had asked for personal loans - but without telling them it was doing this.

The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has also criticised PPI policies for frequently exaggerating the level of cover on offer.

Survey

Despite the barrage of bad publicity over the past few years, and the increased regulatory scrutiny, PPI polices are still widely sold.

Cover for credit cards repayments is the second most common form of PPI.

Which?'s survey of 2000 adults in the UK found that 32% of those with credit cards had also bought a PPI policy as well.

Of those, 13% said they believed that taking the cover was a condition of being given the card, or that their card application was more likely to succeed if they did so.

I hope this is of use;)

aa

Edited by alanalana
image removed to be safe

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Some progress at last on my first complaint to the the FOS on 1st May 08.:) my post 47

Still some way to go but at least it is a start.

our ref xxxxxxx/xxxx

your ref

please write to

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E149SR

dx 141280 Isle of Dogs 3

website Financial Ombudsman Service

Mr Alanalana

xxx

1 October 2008

Dear Mr alanalana

I wrote to you recently about your complaint against Royal Bank of Scotland.

At this stage, I can confirm that we have everything we need from you and your complaint is now waiting to be passed to one of our adjudicators.

As soon as this happens, the adjudicator will be in touch with you, to explain the next steps and to ask for any further information that they may need from you.

If you need to contact us in the meantime, please phone us on 020 7093 5500 during office hours, email us at casework. support(a)financial-ombudsman.org.uk. or write to the casework support team at the above address. When contacting us, I would be grateful if you could quote reference number xxxxxxx/xxxx.

Yours sincerely

xxx

team manager

Watch this space;)

aa

Edited by alanalana
post number added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I have heard that the FOS has taken on 20 more adjudicators to help with the high level of complaints so hopefully this will speed things up a bit for you.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Hello pinknico,

I have heard that the FOS has taken on 20 more adjudicators to help with the high level of complaints so hopefully this will speed things up a bit for you.

I think they should have made it 200 the way things are going.

The way the banking system is failing now by the time adjudication comes arount there may be no banks left to pay anyone back.

FOS say: pay up banks!:D

Banks say: sorry we are in administration.:eek:

Thanks for the information pn;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Just popping in - signed the petition

I understand your impatience aa

Sounds like its going to be a battle in my case as to who takes who to court first

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Hello Red Vixen,

thanks for signing BankerRhymesWith will be happy when he sees the post.

Yes impatient but there is that saying "patience is a virtue".:)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

hello all,

this is not PPI but will no doubt be of some interest to you..BANK CHARGE RECLAIMING Ruling tomorrow after 4.30pm

Oft Test Case Results: Stand By

and the Court listings are here..

Daily Court Lists - Cause List

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello aa!

I think it's getting worse, s127(3) taken out of the Consumer Credit Act, now they are pushing through fast Charging Orders on property, I hear they also want to allow forced entry to homes, the whole thing is being geared for the bankers...by the politicians.

If you haven't seen this Petition over at 10 Downing Street, please do take a look and Sign it if you feel it is correct to do so...

Control the use of Charging Orders

Indeed, anyone reading this, please Sign it, as we need to get over 200 Signatures before 25th October. But CAG momentum is building now.

I'll be on the war path for PPI soon, as two of my Loans with PPI have now been sold to DCAs, proving the weakness of their Agreements! Almost time now to strike back, but not quite yet, not quite yet!

It's getting there...working on the strength aspect so that I can resume my ability to show any visiting DCA where the Christmas blurdy Fairy Lives!

:D

Cheers,

BRW

I look forward to seeing you get those PPI claims going BRW ... :-D

Hello all,

Some progress at last on my first complaint to the the FOS on 1st May 08.:) my post 47

Still some way to go but at least it is a start.

our ref xxxxxxx/xxxx

your ref

please write to

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E149SR

dx 141280 Isle of Dogs 3

website Financial Ombudsman Service

Mr Alanalana

xxx

1 October 2008

Dear Mr alanalana

I wrote to you recently about your complaint against Royal Bank of Scotland.

At this stage, I can confirm that we have everything we need from you and your complaint is now waiting to be passed to one of our adjudicators.

As soon as this happens, the adjudicator will be in touch with you, to explain the next steps and to ask for any further information that they may need from you.

If you need to contact us in the meantime, please phone us on 020 7093 5500 during office hours, email us at casework. support(a)financial-ombudsman.org.uk. or write to the casework support team at the above address. When contacting us, I would be grateful if you could quote reference number xxxxxxx/xxxx.

Yours sincerely

xxx

team manager

Watch this space;)

aa

Hey aa, am following this and rooting for you :):):)

Hello all,

Bank charges issue.

in case anyone has missed this go to my post 259 and click the first link the Judgement is in post 29.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello all.

as well as a bump this is to bring this to the attention of you all.

Creditors are now using this as a means to recover unsecured debts so your homes could be at risk if you have CCJ against you or defaults on payments.

PLEASE! consider signing this petition.

Petition to: Control the use of Charging Orders as a means by which lenders are routinely securing unsecured debts against peoples property. | Number10.gov.uk

Thank you

aa

• Haha 1

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks for that pinknico:)

Some breaking news on sky no links as yet but..............now a link

BBC NEWS | Business | UK banks 'to ask for up to £40bn'

Lloyds TSB takeover of HBOS has collapsed and

For me in the fight with RBS it is reported that the CEO of RBS Sir Fred Goodwin is to resign tomorrow.:D

aa

Edited by alanalana
link added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello aa!

Notice how the BBC keeps this Fairy Story going by talking about Money, Money, Money, as if Truck Loads of Cash are being handed out from some Special Reserve Vault deep under the Bank of England.

What people need to realise is every single penny of this £500 Billion would easily fit onto a single Floppy Disc.

It's all Number-Money, created as Debt by yet another big fat Government IOU.

They haven't paid the last IOUs, so you can't expect this problem to go away just by generating even more Debt. Their Slate was already well overdue for payment!

The government is not expected to insist on having its own appointees on the boards of the banks, although other strings are likely to be attached.

Let me guess...much bigger brown envelopes stuffed with cash please, more Golfing weekends, lots of Black Tie Dinner events, free membership to those Clubs, bonding banking bonking weekends in the South of France, Swiss Alps, Caribbean etc.

Let's put this back into perspective: people will soon start losing their homes in terrible numbers, small businesses will close by the thousand, and some of our best people are sharing out limited stocks of Body Armour and Bullets in the dust of Afghanistan, while these bankers get the equivalent of 16 Years of the Defence Budget (£32BN) just to prop up their rotten lifestyles and corrupt hollow businesses?

£500 Billion to the bankers, with no real strings attached! It's Christmas in the Madhouse.

Usury once in control will wreck any nation.

If you want to know how we got here, and why this is all now going wrong, this 16 minute Google Video is well worth watching for a very quick overview. I urge everyone to view this, probably twice to let it sink in:

Money as Debt

I think Sir Fred should fall on his sword (the one he was Knighted with would do nicely). After all, it's the very least he could do.

Cheers,

BRW

• Haha 1

Apologies for posting on this thread but I am new to the Forums and need some urgent advice.

I have a loan with RBS taken out in 2006. In 2007 my overdraft was added to the loan. I have just discovered that PPI of £2000 was added to my initial loan of £7000. I did not request this and believe this was mis-sold.

I have requested signed agreement for my current loan as I do not know if PPI was also applied to this.

Can I request refund of PPI while waiting for the loan agreement?

As I am currently in financial difficulties, I would like to clarify amount outstanding on my loan and feel that this would be considerably reduced if I was refunded for the PPI.

Any help would be very much appreciated - thx.

Apologies for posting on this thread but I am new to the Forums and need some urgent advice.

I have a loan with RBS taken out in 2006. In 2007 my overdraft was added to the loan. I have just discovered that PPI of £2000 was added to my initial loan of £7000. I did not request this and believe this was mis-sold.

I have requested signed agreement for my current loan as I do not know if PPI was also applied to this.

Can I request refund of PPI while waiting for the loan agreement?

As I am currently in financial difficulties, I would like to clarify amount outstanding on my loan and feel that this would be considerably reduced if I was refunded for the PPI.

Any help would be very much appreciated - thx.

Hello Sequest

You need to start your own thread in this forum as posting up a problem in another person's thread is classed as 'highjacking'.

In starting your own thread, people can offer support and guidance and others can follow your progress.

Cheers :)

Hello brw,

Notice how the BBC keeps this Fairy Story going by talking about Money, Money, Money, as if Truck Loads of Cash are being handed out from some Special Reserve Vault deep under the Bank of England.

What people need to realise is every single penny of this £500 Billion would easily fit onto a single Floppy Disc.

It's all Number-Money, created as Debt by yet another big fat Government IOU.

They haven't paid the last IOUs, so you can't expect this problem to go away just by generating even more Debt. Their Slate was already well overdue for payment!

Quote:

The government is not expected to insist on having its own appointees on the boards of the banks, although other strings are likely to be attached.

Let me guess...much bigger brown envelopes stuffed with cash please, more Golfing weekends, lots of Black Tie Dinner events, free membership to those Clubs, bonding banking bonking weekends in the South of France, Swiss Alps, Caribbean etc.

Let's put this back into perspective: people will soon start losing their homes in terrible numbers, small businesses will close by the thousand, and some of our best people are sharing out limited stocks of Body Armour and Bullets in the dust of Afghanistan, while these bankers get the equivalent of 16 Years of the Defence Budget (£32BN) just to prop up their rotten lifestyles and corrupt hollow businesses? And a £579,000 annual pension up to £8m plus on top of £4.5m in 2007.(in the case of RBS) No apology just slip quietly away no awkward questions from the media to make me look a bit more silly.

£500 Billion to the bankers, with no real strings attached! It's Christmas in the Madhouse.

Quote:

Usury once in control will wreck any nation.

If you want to know how we got here, and why this is all now going wrong, this 16 minute Google Video is well worth watching for a very quick overview. I urge everyone to view this, probably twice to let it sink in:

Money as Debt

I think Sir Fred should fall on his sword (the one he was Knighted with would do nicely). After all, it's the very least he could do.

BRW first you become legal person then economics person and now you can see into the future. I believe the headlines in some of todays papers (it is after midnight) will more or less quote the red text. How do you do it and will my PPI claim be successful:grin:

Cheers,

BRW

aa

PS what will be the euromillions numbers on friday?

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello all,

I have just had a call from the FOS with reference to my claim for 4 mis-sold PPI policies with Direct Line Financial Services going back to 1997. Being dealt with by RBS who legally took them over (it is in one of my earlier posts.

I turned down their goodwill offer of £2,600 as they would not offer the 8%. :mad: and went to the FOS.

RBS (DLFS) have rolled over and capitulated offering a goodwill gesture in excess of £3,800 :-D without admission of liability. The FOS have stated that this is what they would have been able to ask for. Letter on it's way. I will keep you posted.

aa 1 - RBS 0 :grin:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello all,

I have just had a call from the FOS with reference to my claim for 4 mis-sold PPI policies with Direct Line Financial Services going back to 1997. Being dealt with by RBS who legally took them over (it is in one of my earlier posts.

I turned down their goodwill offer of £2,600 as they would not offer the 8%. :mad: and went to the FOS.

RBS (DLFS) have rolled over and capitulated offering a goodwill gesture in excess of £3,800 :-D without admission of liability. The FOS have stated that this is what they would have been able to ask for. Letter on it's way. I will keep you posted.

aa 1 - RBS 0 :grin:

aa

YES

Well done aa, jumping up and down with a big smile on my face for you.

Patience and justice does prevail

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thank you HHNF,

Your Large letter post puts mine to shame;)

I will post in successes when I get the Money in my hand.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello aa!

RBS (DLFS) have rolled over and capitulated offering a goodwill gesture in excess of £3,800

Bargain!

That's your Christmas sorted then. Thanks to RBS paying you back your money, the aa household can now Buy a banking fairy with a much bigger Christmas Tree stuck up its bottom, a huge Turkey you can call RBS, more Beer, more Wine, more Chocolates, more exotic Cheeses, more Wobbly Coffees...and a large box of those tablets that go plink, plink fizz to cure any niggles you may encounter forcing that lot down!

I expect Mr & Mrs aa to put on a few Stones this Xmas!

Cheers,

BRW

Thank you HHNF,

Your Large letter post puts mine to shame;)

I will post in successes when I get the Money in my hand.

aa

Sorry AA, but I was so excited for you, Hey:p way to go:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello BRW and HHNF

Hello aa!

Quote:

RBS (DLFS) have rolled over and capitulated offering a goodwill gesture in excess of £3,800

Bargain!

That's your Christmas sorted then. Thanks to RBS paying you back your money, the aa household can now Buy a banking fairy with a much bigger Christmas Tree stuck up its bottom, a huge Turkey you can call RBS, more Beer, more Wine, more Chocolates, more exotic Cheeses, more Wobbly Coffees...and a large box of those tablets that go plink, plink fizz to cure any niggles you may encounter forcing that lot down!

I expect Mr & Mrs aa to put on a few Stones this Xmas! Hopefully not!

Cheers,

BRW

This is one result from three complaints. Thanks to both of you and all others for your help and support along this long haul.:grin:

aa

PS.

BRW your posts always put a smile on my face

HHNF your fighting spirit does the same

Edited by alanalana
ps added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from