• Tweets

• The case against the US-based ride-hailing giant is being brought on behalf of over 10,800 drivers.View the full article
    • I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello aa!

Another complaint means another £450.00 Fee for the FOS to look at it.

Three Accounts, so stagger your Complaints.

My Maths was never that good, but 3x £450 comes to, um, around £1350.00'ish for all three Complaints!

Three Complaints it is then!

Cheers,

BRW

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello BRW,

If I submit another complaint to the FOS it will be number 4. 2 are pending settlement whenever that happens. 1 is still with an adjudicator no decision yet. So if I submit complaint number 4 about the speed of settlement on complaints numbers 2 and 3 it will add another little bit of income for the FOS and all for the price of a stamp. It could be a way to make RBS sit up and take notice. They may move faster with the promise of that Christmas Tree:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello BRW,

Hello aa!

Four Complaints it is then!

FOS Ker-Ching...£1,800!

It is about time RBS bought you that RBS Fairy with a Christmas Tree stuck up its coal chute. It'd be a lot cheaper than them shelling out £450 to FOS every time they annoy you!

Cheers,

BRW

I will give the FOS a call before banging in another complaint to get their opinion. Mainly because they are becoming more inundated with complaints and by the time they get round to the planned one I should have my money if you get my drift I complain now as a Christmas present to the FOS £450 very nice but they could put it to bottom of queue of hundreds more Bank settle in Jan or early Feb:roll:

My complaint comes up in Mar or Apr and I really don't have a complaint anymore as I have my dosh. If the FOS say go for it then Complaint will be banged in once I have a reference number. I am still waiting for an update from the ICO as well.

Please keep me updated on your situation and good luck with it;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello AA:D

Without having to read through your now mammoth thread (nearly as big a the consumer credit agreement thread) can I ask you a question.

What was the earliest loan date you had with them please??????

I have just discovered ppi on loans in 1996, 1997 and 1999:eek:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello hhnf,

Hello AA:grin:

Without having to read through your now mammoth thread (nearly as big a the consumer credit agreement thread) can I ask you a question.

What was the earliest loan date you had with them please??????

I have just discovered ppi on loans in 1996, 1997 and 1999:shock:

The earlliest loan was 1997, one of 4 early loans with Direct Line Financial Services. You will recall RBS told me to go directly to DLFS but I found out DLFS had been legally transferred over to the RBS group. My earliest RBS loan was 2004.

I would claim back as far as you can especially now the FSA is getting much upset over continued mis-selling. The FOS are more inclined to take up a case if there are multiple refinancing loans with PPI attached. The are more inclined to take up claims going back further IMO.

Hope this helps:D

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

The FOS are more inclined to take up a case if there are multiple refinancing loans with PPI attached.

That gives me hope on my older ones which I wasn't so confident about :)

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Hello all,

Well a bit of a turnup just before Christmas.

Did a little Christmas shopping today and decided to check balance of account. Found four deposits paid into my account. Now with my first claim the FOS Adjudicator stated the settlement would be made by cheque and he gave me a figure quoted earlier in my thread.

Today I have had money x 4 deposits to may account more than the figure notified by the FOS Adjudicator.:confused: I will have to try and sort it out tomorrow. I also have two more complaints pending settlement, so I am a bit miffed at getting money paid into my account and not by cheque as was agreed with the FOS:mad: and I have to question why is there an increase in the settlement figure? because if they consider both claims settled then they have yet more of a fight on their hands via the Ombudsman or Court action if that is what is required.;-)

I will have to watch out in case they have paid me too much money :eek:

Something very fishy going on here I guess, or I am becoming a total paranoid cagger after 12 months of trying to get my money back:-D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello BRW and all,

RBS have sent a cheque for the payment of the 4 Direct Line Fanancial Services loan in full settlement. The cheque arrived today. However I have also recieved payents for two out of three other loans with RBS staight into my account with no correspondence or explanation and sadly only received repayment on two out of three loans, so come the new year it will be complaint Number 4 to the FOS. The RBS are really the bank from hell they offer a goodwill gesture without admisssion of any liability and yet all they ar doing is paying me back the money they took with 7 mis-sold PPI policies on seven personal unsecured loans. They still have a fight on their hands. I am awaiting a telephone call on monday. No doubt complaint number 4 will be submitted on Tuesday.:eek:

Season of goodwill so A happy and Peaceful Christmas to all of you on CAG.:D

I have a success and before Christmas, but I have to fight on:grin:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Given some money and still being able to fight with them:D

Well done AA Merry xmas to you and your family:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

From hhnf

Given some money and still being able to fight with them:grin:

Well done AA Merry xmas to you and your family:grin:#

from pinknico

Well done on your success aa. Hope you have a fantastic Christmas.

Happy Christmas HHSNF if you are reading this, hope you have a goodone. xx

Thanks again to both of you and all of course all other caggers.

Yes it was quite nice to get some reclaimed money before Christmas after a long battle. Just in time as well as my car has just packed up with a sheared drive shaft and being a T reg with 123,620 milles on the clock it means it goes off to the big recycling scrapyard. At least I will be able to afford another second hand car to keep me in work.

Good Christmas but missing my Son who is sadly away in Iraq.

Kind regards to one and all

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi alanalana,

Great thread im glad you succeeded in a lot of items and good look with the rest of your quest, in the words of Peter Kay make them (ave it)!!

Im just starting on my own quest concerning PPI with 2 companies please take a look at my thread. Any imput would be apprieciated

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/174373-scousers9-ppi-thread.html

thanks in advance

Mike

pps. good luck with the search for new car, I tried to get a new car for the wife, but the salesman would'nt swop lol

Edited by scouser9
spelling

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

Hello mikey,

I have had a quick look at your thread and will try and give it another scan tomorrow. If I can advise I will but at the moment I am torn between trying to get a replacement car and caring for elderly parents to I will try and respond when I can.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks for that alanalana

regards

mike

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

Hello all,

Just an update on my three FOS claims and one ICO claim.

the two PPI claims have been upheld by the FOS adjudicator money in the bank not as much as expected due to tax on interest and rebates of PPI on refinancing but it is money that a year ago I did not have it has been a long very long battle as you can see from the length of my thread.

So 7 loans with PPI attached all complained about to the FOS in two separate complaints have been repaid.

I have spoken to the bank today and requested a full financial breakdown as to how they arrived at the refund amounts and I have informed them they I may still submit a further complaint to the FOS and the FOS are aware of this as I have also spoken to them today.

The figures received may or may not have been the same if I had proceeded to Court as the bank tells me they work to a formula that the FOS agrees with. I will post more on this when I get more information. I will also be passing the information to the FOS to ensure they agree with what has been refunded.:eek:

I may as well go out fighting as that is how I have started and continued with the help of a lot of other people on CAG.

I still have to wait for the outcome of one more complaint with the FOS about the shoddy treatment, delays, failure to comply with legal statutes, false information etc and one with the ICO to which there answer is viewable on photobucket listings in an earlier post on my thread but the ICO have also basically upheld my complaint.:D

So keep on complaining there must be thousands out there who are still none the wiser to the PPI issues.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello aa!

Well done, it's been a long slog, but you have a good result.

This does show the PPI was mis-sold, so all you have been doing is seeking a refund of money they should never have taken.

So keep fighting for every penny. It's not some gift from the bank to you, it's your money they have been clinging on to for far too long, and earning a pretty penny from it whilst they did so. More than 8% I'd hazard a guess!

So keep on complaining there must be thousands out there who are still none the wiser to the PPI issues.

...and that includes a few Judges who need to be better educated on the widespread and ongoing mis-selling of PPI.

Happy New Year...I hope 2009 is a good one for you.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello AA,

Have you been out shopping and spending all that lovely dosh:D

Can you let me have the dept and the address at rbs, that you have been sending your ppi reclaim letters too. I am just about to start the process on behalf of a friend who has two loans with ppi on, that she did not even know what it was:eek:

Have done the SAR and yes you guess, rather economic with the information given and no response to her last non-compliance letter:rolleyes:

They have eventually cancelled the ppi on this current loan, so we know the rebate on this one, but not the first loan rebate:rolleyes:

Hello BRW,

Hello aa!

Well done, it's been a long slog, but you have a good result.

This does show the PPI was mis-sold, so all you have been doing is seeking a refund of money they should never have taken.

So keep fighting for every penny. It's not some gift from the bank to you, it's your money they have been clinging on to for far too long, and earning a pretty penny from it whilst they did so. More than 8% I'd hazard a guess!

Quote:

...and that includes a few Judges who need to be better educated on the widespread and ongoing mis-selling of PPI.

Happy New Year...I hope 2009 is a good one for you.

Cheers,

BRW

BRW very many thanks, it is a result, but I am taking it all the way down to the wire as they say, making the bank provide the evidence of the refund figures and then getting the FOS to verify them.

And my friend a Very Happy New Year to you and your family.:D

I will be following your thread and will continue to help on CAG where I can.;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello hhnf,

Hello AA,

Have you been out shopping and spending all that lovely dosh:grin: Car packed up so need another second hand one. Working on that before I have to be back to work:eek:

Can you let me have the dept and the address at rbs, that you have been sending your ppi reclaim letters too. (My letters and correspondence have all been through FOS until the last couple of days when I got the payments and then I received confirmatory letters of what was being refunded. I am just about to start the process on behalf of a friend who has two loans with ppi on, that she did not even know what it was:shock:

Have done the Subject Access Request and yes you guess, rather economic with the information given and no response to her last non-compliance letter:rolleyes:

They have eventually cancelled the ppi on this current loan, so we know the rebate on this one, but not the first loan rebate:rolleyes: Keep at them and remember the ICO route if you get a hard time. RBS are still looking at the element of my complaint in another department.:D I suppose it keeps them in a job:rolleyes:

Here is the address of the RBS Office that I have had confirmation from over the last 4 or 5 days.

PPI Customer Concerns Team

Regulatory Risk

5th Floor

1 Hardman Boulevard

Manchester

M3 3AQ

Tel: 0161 755 6890

Free Phone 0800 015 0319

Open 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

Good Luck and a Very Happy New Year to you:D

aa

There will be no doubt a few case officers dealing with the complaint from the FOS, ICO and the Courts so I cannot give a specific name

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Well done aa, Happy New Year

Tracey

And a Happy New Year to you Tracey:D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello all,

just a post to let you all know that i have two partial successes on PPI but I intend to take my fight further with another complaint to the FOS and OFT. Details to folllow after a rest as it has taken me 12 months to get this far. My claim will be small but I intend to go all the way. watch this space:eek: I still have one outstanding complaint with the FOS and One with the Information Commissioners Office.

aa

Repayments on mis-sold PPI so far over £8K and still a way to go

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

just a quick update.

Letter received today from the FOS, my first complaint has not been upheld by the adjudicator as it was about the failure of RBS to provide data under my SAR namely they took months not weeks and I am still waiting, plus they gave false information and inaccurate information as well as no informatino. They suggest the way forward is the ICO as it is a data protection act issue. The complaint is already lodged with the ICO and acknowledged and a copy of their response is in an earlier post with photobucket on this thread.

They still have to give a final response to me once the RBS respond to them and the RBS are still investigating the issue having received the ICO letter.

I will post a success as and when I get the ICO response after the RBS have answered the ICO letter.:D

Over 12 months and counting to final resolution:eek:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from