bank charges from my benefits

ghostdogg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, ive just joined.Im doing my degree in law and have recently got involved in this whole illegal charges thing. well my situation is im married with 3 kids and im on job seekers allowance and also get tax creds for my kids. the banks have been charging me for late payments, unpaid d/d etc for ages, can they take money from my benefits?. i am jus starting my bank charges reclaim even though i know its on hold until the test case. i believe u can claim credit card charges back, am i right?. what can i do to get back at my bank as im losing loads of money because of these illegal charges.I am truly disgusted how banks can do stuff like this and get away with it, well aleast for now. if there is anything else u guys can advise me with i would be truly grateful. :)

Hi

No they can't take charges from your benefits, the following applies

in the case of accounts which have money from state benefits payed into them , such charges are contrary to section 187 of the Social Security Administartion Act 1996 or seection 45 of the Tax Credits Act 2006.

Due to long term illness I am on my third go at HSBC and haven't been stayed yet, I decided to do it in three chunks. I'm not sure but I think you may be able to proceed against your bank based on the above acts. If any body else can confirm?

Good luck!

hi ghostdogg and welcome to cag

as tireandangry says no they shouldnt touch your benefits i have put a link here for you which i think you will find usefull

Right of Appropriation - Stop the bank from taking your money

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Guide To Reclaiming Bank Charges **##~~~~**##~~~~ Read This First !!

these links you will also find useful

yes you can also claim credit card charges

any questions just shout and someone will come along good luck

But they do. At least the cynical computers that appear to run HSBC do.

Letters referring to the Social Security Administration Act are ignored; a telephone call specifically asking if a "Bank Manager" was aware of it resulted in the flippant reply of "not since I went to banking college".

What do we do?

If you are alleged to be driving at 35 mph in a 30 mph zone you are today considered guilty until you can prove your innocence.

HSBS is also totally ignoring the law of the land to serve its own purpose.

Vandermerwe

Iam claiming from halifax credit card but got a letter yesterday saying everything is put on hold. Can they do that even though it is a credit card with one of the banks in the court case

There is a thread about them putting stays on credit cards here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/108321-any-stays-applied-against.html