Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About tiredandangry

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi Lee Can you ring my sister to arrange payment again please, terms as previous month. Thanks Tired and Angry
  2. Hi thanks you for your reply, in the meantime my sister needs to sort out the current bill. I believe the arrangement made in December is still the same? In which case she'd like to pay this months bill minus the disputed amount and that was done through you last time. Can you ring her to sort this out? Thanks Tiredandangry
  3. Hello Thank you for speaking to my sister since your post she has received offers to upgrade and her next bill but no further information regarding this matter. Please could you update my sister on progress to date in investigating this matter? Thank you Tired and Angry
  4. Hi, Thanks for your replies. Lee my sister has emailed you using the details provided. Looking forward to your reply. Lee my sister would normally pay her bill, as this is in dispute and she wants to know what to do, does she pay what she usually pays while it is being sorted out? Thanks Tiredandangry
  5. Hi, my sister has received a bill from vodaphone for £471. Payment is due on Xmas Eve. This is for data useage on an IPAD. She is concerned as the bill covers when the ipad was at home on wifi, not cellular. And there are irregularities with the bill. Also there was a failure on Vodafones part to text prior to Data usage going over, even though there is a commitment to do this online. I've searched online and in the vodafone forums vodafon states problems with the texting service. The Ipad is used by my 7 year old autistic nephew everything is password protected, he cannot get anything without his mum. It is for autistic friendly training. She contacted Vodaphone, they initially offered 10-15% reduction, concerned my sister wanted it excalated. Because she has complained they have told her this offer is resinded. Customer service is not good. Apple have checked the device and it is sound. When my sister got this contract she was told it had a 5gig bar. As a carer for her two disabled children she lives on disability benefits. No way could she at any time afford a contract with such penalties. It now appears she may have been mis sold the wrong contract. Can the Vodaphone rep please comment? Thanks Tiredandangry
  6. Hi I have speech problems too. Worse case scenario, if you cannot get help, is it possible to take in a laptop and use text reader software? It will certainly show the difficulties you have in communicating and the lengths you have to take to be heard and how difficult it is to attempt to vocalise a response. Also try these they provide disability advocacy they may be able to help CHOICE IN HACKNEY Defoe Block Ground Floor Hackney Community College Falkirk Street (Hoxton Street entrance) London N1 6HQ Telephone: 020 7613 3206 Textphone: 020 7613 3208 Fax: 020 7739 8599 Email: info@choiceinhackney.org This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am - 5:00pm, except Tuesday 9:30am - 1pm
  7. I currently have a claim stayed in court. This has not stopped HSBC threatening recovery action. I have received threatening/harrassing letters from MCS and DG solicitors. Being disabled and recently poorly I have not had the energy to write so tried talking to them on the phone. I explained I'm disabled and the case is stayed. They still keep trying to persue action and I am sick of it. I've tried writing a response. What do people think? The request for reasonable adjustments is to ensure HSBC/MCS etc focuses on complying with the disabled discrimination act to meet my needs. FORMAL COMPLAINT. RE: A/C xxxxxxxxxxx County Court Claim Noxxxxxxxx My complaint is that you have sent harassing letters and made harassing phone calls in pursuit of a claim that is currently stayed at County Court. Please note that I am disabled and require reasonable adjustments to meet my needs. I require Metropolitan Collection Services to read my records before sending letters threatening recovery action. It is easier for me to communicate via e-mail. I require the e-mails for your complaints department and compliance department so that we may discuss the harassing letters and phone calls which I have found extremely distressing. I would also like to discuss with the compliance department how you have failed to meet my disabled needs. I wish to be allocated to one named person who will deal with my complaint I request a copy of your complaints procedure I require that this case be referred back to HSBC. Finally I demand an apology.
  8. It is nice to know not all councils are bad. Babybear, ring back social services and ask them for a date when your assessment will take place and find out who deals with it. From experience it is very easy to get lost in the system, unfortunately it is necessary to remind social services that you are there and need their help. Good Luck
  9. Hi all hope your having a good Xmas. Can I get the FOS to look at the harrassment before the stay and after? They sent my case to the debt collectors knowing it was stayed.
  10. TFT Thanks. That cheered me up. Considering so many vulnerable people are involved it would have been a kindness if these big institutions had left their announcements till after Xmas.
  11. Yes its a let down. That does not mean I'm going to stop fighting. Like many of us that are disabled and on benefits, I am entitled to legal aid, so it is not going to cost me to fight. Is it possible to find out how many caggers are on benefits and how much in charges has been taken? How many are disabled? We have the services part of the disabled discrimination act that may apply re behaviour of banks. How many were persuaded to take out loans to cover charges while still on benefits? This is the sort of information that could be incredibly shaming to the banks and government.
  12. Hi Currently I'm fighting my council for suitable adapted housing. We've been at the top of the housing list for years watching suitable houses going to able bodied families. I don't think my council likes housing disabled people. Papers are at the barristers for judical review after years going through the "proper complaints procedures" and getting exceptionally bad support/advice from local councillors, MP and LGO and the local Shelter. Finally they "may" offer us a house, "if" they can get the funding and "if" they can get planning permission for a "possible" extension and finally "if" the housing association it belongs to is prepared to do without rent for at least six months while the funding is allocated and work done. And they will not have the funding till atleast April. Is it me or are they taking the p***?
  13. Found a copy of the letter here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/36790-bank-taking-your-benefits.html Its not just for benefits, I also used it for my dads pension.
  14. Thats not fair. However the school and education authority are potentially in a lot of trouble. Instead of family partnership you can get a named person from Network 81 Network81. Helping parents of children with special needs. these are completely independent. Before you talk to these people write it all down. You can change schools, the LEA does not give out information about which schools are best for special needs. The parents in the parent groups will. Please talk to Network 81, just the threat of them has had an amazing effect on the LEA in the past, when we've had occassion to call them. Network 81 really do scare the daylights out of the LEAs. I think that there are several legal issues, specially the assault, that need addressing. From now on record everything that happens, time & date, keep copies of all corespondence with the school / LEA, record any answer phone messages etc.
  • Create New...