The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ja-de - could you add John Cummings to the front list when u have a moment pls.? He's already in my spreadheet. I think then that we have an exact tally between your list and mine.

Ta :D

Mac

• Haha 1
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting factoid so far - it seems more MEPs have responded than MPs! Make of that what you will :D

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Thanks Matty - added to my tracker. :D

Write to your MP and

I have found that you can contact your MP via Email from both of these links.

WriteToThem.com - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free

If you use this link you can send the full template letter (edited to you personal Mp in full) but If you use the next link

UK Parliament - alms

the official government link to your MP. Your message is limited to 4000 chars. This includes you own contact details, paragraphs spaces etc, when I sent message to my MP Joan Humble Blackpool south I was restricted to less than 3000 chars. This rendered the template letter totaly useless as I was forced to edit so much out of it, the whole human rights issue and much more. So PLEASE use the write to them link.

hope this helps. You can still use the other link to find you MP if you do not know them.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

i emailed david cameron ..leader of the oppostition..no reponse.. not voting for him then:mad:

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

Morning All

We are starting the day with 54 of 646 MPs Emailed!, including David 'Call Me Dave' 'The Bike' Cameron!

Write to your MP and

Could I please ask everyone that they send emails or/& letters to MP's, MEP's, MSP's & MWA's only. Please don't send to your local Councillors.

Please PM either myself or MacBoy to let us know when you have received a response.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mmm...

So let's see.

No-one originally seemed to care about this thread ( or should I say the original one) only myself and Jenny. In the absence of any input from the much more experienced members on here, I decided to spend a coulpe of hours typing a template after many hours searching on the watchdogs web sites and doing research and 'feeling' for what people wanted. I put links to the MP's site and to other sites I felt would benefit us.

Then- people started to come on to the thread, my letter was edited and people were asked to send that letter, and then do this and that. Finall y, to add insult to injury, I log on this morning and just about all my posts had disappeared and just the 'chosen few' left, who are now obviously the 'leaders' of the thread. So all my work was in vain.

Then I have to ask if I can 'please have my post back where the original letter was'.

Well I'm sorry but I do not want to be part of your little 'click' and you carry on telling the minions what to do. But for me?

rearrange the following words

up (edit) it your stick

emailed the following, and will update as and when replies come in,

John Whittaker MEP

Den Dover MEP

Arlene McCarthy MEP

Brian Simpson MEP

Chris Davies MEP

Gary Titley MEP

Sajjad Karim MEP

David Sumberg MEP

Robert Atkins MEP

:madgrin:

vinegarvera

The thread has been tidied up and moved into an area where more people can see it (it was stuck on the Halifax forum before, but the issue of course affects everyone).

All MPs names have been recorded from previous posts - if yours is missing from list at the first post of the thread, send a to PM ja-de, livelylad or myself

and we'll fix it for you.

Write to your MP and

I had written a letter to Nick Gibb ages ago, also Gordon Brown, Nick Gibb wrote a lovely response saying he had concerns and had himself written to the Dept of Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform and would get back to me with there answer!!!

• Haha 1

Thanks for that salesman - any chance you could chase Nick Gibb up for a response please? Meantime I've recorded him on the tracker! ;)

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

I have received a reply from Richard Corbett MEP, basically telling me the same as other MEP's have said, which is - it is not a matter for MEP's to deal with, & that we should contact our local MP's instead - no matter, we shall push ahead with our campaign, & carry on regardless.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no matter, we shall push ahead with our campaign, & carry on regardless.

Precisely. This is about raising profile in the political sphere. They all talk to each other and belong to the same parties.

Write to your MP and

Just had the following response from Brian Simpson

Thank you for your email. I note you have written also to my colleague

Arlene McCarthy MEP who is the Labour MEP with responsibility for your area

and she will respond on behalf of the Labour MEPs in due course.

BRIAN SIMPSON MEP

:madgrin: