The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Response from The Rt. Hon Bob Ainsworth MP (Coventry North East0

" I refer to your recent enquiry regarding banking penalty charges.

I have written to the Treasury regarding the above matter an i will let you know as soon as I recieve a response to my enquiry.

In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance.........."

:) looking good so far

I will post any further replies .........

Halifax: Won 2K+ (Oct 2006)

Barclays: Court date 07/09/07

for friends: Halifax won x2, Lloyds won x1, ongoing with x2 at Barclays and one at Natwest....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTICE TO ALL

20 posts removed that are not required anymore, I shall leave posts that provide links to contact sites for MP's. If you have a post removed you WILL recieve a Cagbot message, this is a standard message. Should you have a problem with a post being removed please contact Ja-de or Kenntthecelt via Pm.

All of the 200+ posts that have been removed from this thread are contained

here, no posts have been deleted. Thank you.

COMPLAIN TO YOUR MP ABOUT THE UNFAIR AND BIASED WAY THE FSA HAS HANDLED THE THE OFT CASE WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY ESTABLISHED TO SUPPORT CONSUMERS, NOT ISOLATE THEM

Just 5 Easy Steps!

1. Use the template letter here
  2. Copy the text (amend if necessary but it will be fine as is for most people).
  3. click the link to the site shown at the bottom of the letter or click here
  4. Follow the instructions on the site to send to your MP (it will tell you who your MP is if you do not know.
  5. Go here to tell us which MP you've written to.

The letter can also be re-purposed to send to other representatives (Euro MPs, MSPs, Councillors etc. - just modify it yourself as required

Thank you!:D

Come on you can do it. Send the letter NOW!!!!!:D

• Haha 1

Just to let you all know, i recieved a letter from John SJmith ( MP of Vale of Glamorgan). he has passed on the letter to the Private Secretary for the HM Treasury, and he also gave be acknowledgement receipt.

I also wrote to the Welsh Assemble AM, and recieved responses from Jane Hutt and Andrew Richards (see below).

Andrew is very supportive of the campaign to establish the practice of banks charging overdraft fees as unlawful.

However, as the campaign is currently going through the law courts, an Assembly Member would be unable to lobby on your behalf. Andrew would therefore be unable to get involved in the court case or attempt to influence the outcome.

I am running out of people to write to, any suggestions.

hi all. had given up on damien green but a posh house of commons letter came today.

thank you for your letter, its important that whatever banks charge reflect their costs and do not impose penalties on their customers. you will be aware that last year the oft said that a default charge of more than £12 for late payment of credit cards bills will be considered unfair. i was dispppointed that it took the oft two years to reach this conclusion and that there are now further delays as a result of the test case in the high court. whilst i am pleased that the situation will eventually clarify the legal position, i understand the frustrations of customers who now cannot seek compensation. i have therefore passed your letter onto hector sants the chief executive of the fsa. i will forward you a copy of his reply.

actually signed by him too!!!

Regarding responses - I'd be grateful if you could forward them to me either by typing them into a PM or if available, scanning them and emailing them to me - I'll supply an address by return PM.

Thanks a lot for all your support - let's keep it going and now we have a bigger platform, take it to the next stage!

:D

Hi all, I would be very grateful if you could forward copies of your responses to me while MacBoy is away.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ohhh goody

Does that mean I will have a letter waiting for me too!!???!!!:D

I doubt it...:mad:

But then who knows, I may be as lucky as Cazza! :rolleyes:

Peter

You never know! but my fingers are crossed for you pj.23_29_107v.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi again guys!!!

Had my 3rd response from my MP DAVID WILSHIRE this wk enclosing a response from the FSA regarding my complaint.

Its very long winded and i need to read it again but from what i can make out there r exceptions to the rule re: all claims being stayed!!!

Do u want me to scan it and paste it on here to see if you can make sense of it or read it thru a couple more hundred times and type the basics (if i can understand it)????

Sorry but legal jargon does my head in!! :(

Bonnie

hello can you help me, I want to add to the list, I wrote to my MP and Natoinal Assembly for Wales AM, Rhodri Morgan, the Master of Rolls, and the Western Mail. I can't see how to add names? sorry if I am being stupid!!

Hi olden, if you can let me have a list of all the names that you have contacted, &/or have replies from, I can then add them to our list. Unfortunately only I can update & edit it. No you're not stupid at all!!

You can either post them onto this thread, or pm me, either way will be OK.

Thank you for helping with our campaign.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi olden, if you can let me have a list of all the names that you have contacted, &/or have replies from, I can then add them to our list. Unfortunately only I can update & edit it. No you're not stupid at all!!

You can either post them onto this thread, or pm me, either way will be OK.

Thank you for helping with our campaign.

Hi ja-de, I sent to

Rhodri Morgan, National Assembly for Wales

John Griffiths 4 South Wales East Electoral region National Assembly for Wales

Master of Rolls

MP Jessica Morden, Newport East

Thank you olden, I'll update the list right now.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi. Wrote to Nigel Evans MP for the Ribble Valley.

Recieved an immediate responce to tell me that he had written to Mr Hector Sants CEO of the FSA.

Today recieved a further letter regarding their letter and it came from Dr Thomas Huertas Acting MD at the FSA that Nigel Evand has forwarded me a copy. It isnt a template letter as it has my personal details on it but saying that it still only has the FSA stance as a responce including the press release issued on the 27th August.

At least he actioned my letter

Statistics Update for Monday 3 sept 2007

MP's

91 Contacted

29 Replies

1 Not Interested

MEP's

37 Contacted

9 Replies

4 Not Interested

MSP's

2 Contacted

2 Replies

MWA's

8 Contacted

0 Replies

Master Of the Rolls

1 Contacted

1 Reply

Lords

1 Contacted

0 Replies

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had a very nice reply from Lynne Featherstone MP agreeing that the charges are unfair, as are the stays, and the Lib Dems are pressuring the government to do something about it.

Not sure anyone takes any notice of the Lib Dems though. Still, nice to get a response.

• Haha 1

Hi ja-de, Just to say, that it would appear not many claimants are familiar with this site? The true numbers are a great deal more, luckily, over on the Cardiff directions hearing site 14th August 10.30am ( what I call the Cardiff Carve up, 600 of us!!) we all sent to Master of the rolls as well as MPs etc. look up 'smutley' also todays post from '234debt' tells us the court said they had received 600 applications for stays. BRILLIANT!!!

• Haha 1