walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was agreed at the meeting that RBS would respond within seven days, however, due to Mr Hemsley's workload they asked for an extention to the 29th - which is tomorrow.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

thanks sparkie1723, I'll make my usual discrete enquiries with my RBS contact and let you all know what we can find out.

Brilliant stuff rickyd,

But ask your contact to be absoluely certain he is not "being watched" as happened to one member who used to work for this group, who was dismissed for honestly trying to help people...tell your contact to be very tactful

sparkie

During my investigations it appears there is in fact ony one CMS and that is in Iron Masters Way Telford.......the other collection services that are mentioned are just that........ "collection services"......There is one in Edinburgh, one in Manchester and one in Southend (the Southend one is for credit card debt collection)..these are completely separate from CMS............CMS is the only Office that uses the " Router Accounting" system, and I believe is the reason I personally have been "advised" by a very senior official of the RBS not to make enquires elsewhere with Bank branches.

I also wish to mention that CMS Telford can and do carry out un detectable credit file searches and of credit file reports being copied into hard copy and then kept within CMS Telford without the knowledge and/or consent of the data subject and even the RBS/Nat West Data Controller Joyce E Tudor has no knowledge of these searches being carried out ....because they are secretly carried out seaches .....they leave no trace on the searche file held by the CRA ...I aslo have documentary evidence of such operations........ All done and kept "secret" in CMS Telford.

Sparkie As Im battling Nat West big time can you tel me more re evidence of credit file copying searches etc they do at Telford by PM or otherwsie regards Gaz

Brilliant stuff rickyd,

But ask your contact to be absoluely certain he is not "being watched" as happened to one member who used to work for this group, who was dismissed for honestly trying to help people...tell your contact to be very tactful

sparkie

Tell him to be careful of the way he searches for information so intranet searches, and printing documents out is a NO NO. It must be in the course of business.

As an aside: Birmingham Collections and Nottingham Collections for NatWest.

Birmingham AFAIK do not record their phone calls.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hello,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but you may have come up against this already.....

My O/draft was turned into a routing account and loan at 20% - I posted earlier in the thread re this. I SAR the bank on the 3rd of July 2009 to see what that digs up.

I have received the attached - looks like they are fishing for info - or is this genuine?

I haven't banked with them since mid 2003, incase that makes any difference.

Thanks for reading.

RBS SAR reply 230709.pdf

be carefull some banks have a habit of being 'creative' with documents & the more info you give the more creative they may get

Hmmm, yes - Exactly what I thought, and why I am dubious to provide it I need to reply with something though.

The forging of documents is discredited by some on here, saying banks are not that daft- I would like to go along with this, but the RBS are converting accounts and applying higher rates of interest / charges without consent or knowledge - so who knows what they might do!!!!

Anyone got any ideas for a response?

That doesn't make sense to me. If they cannot verify your signature due to your accounts being closed, what use is a specimen signature going to be to them?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Hello,

My O/draft was turned into a routing account and loan at 20% - I posted earlier in the thread re this. I SAR the bank on the 3rd of July 2009 to see what that digs up.

I have received the attached - looks like they are fishing for info - or is this genuine?

Thanks for reading.

Seems like they are trying to use the money laundering regs as an excuse for needing to 'verify' your signature. You should send them your letter again with the CAG's new anti tamper signature strip on it ;)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hello,

Thanks for reading.

I've PMd you.

PW

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Question for you mate are you still living at the same address that you lived at when you bankd with RBS?? If so tell them that your signature has more than likely altered since 2003, but they can verify the address as they have a record of that address and it was quite O.K for them to correspond with you at that address when you were a customer then.......... and a quick check on the public register will verify you still live there...........be carefull with that signature, a CAG member wrote to Nat West/RBS with a changed signature ...he had never written his signature in that style before............ won't say any more on that ...make your own deduction of what happened.

Make sure you request every single document and record of your Router Account...they will attempt to with hold that and tell you it is just an internal account and has no impact on any matter of concern to you do not accept that it is your personal banking details and you are entitled by law to them....they will try to cnceal them from you as Paul and Me know full well.

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

a CAG member wrote to Nat West/RBS with a changed signature ...he had never written his signature in that style before............ won't say any more on that ...make your own deduction of what happened

sparkie

Is there a thread for this Sparkie?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Paul w

Any news re ur meeting?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Question for you mate are you still living at the same address that you lived at when you bankd with RBS?? If so tell them that your signature has more than likely altered since 2003, but they can verify the address as they have a record of that address and it was quite O.K for them to correspond with you at that address when you were a customer then.......... and a quick check on the public register will verify you still live there...........be carefull with that signature, a CAG member wrote to Nat West/RBS with a changed signature ...he had never written his signature in that style before............ won't say any more on that ...make your own deduction of what happened.

Make sure you request every single document and record of your Router Account...they will attempt to with hold that and tell you it is just an internal account and has no impact on any matter of concern to you do not accept that it is your personal banking details and you are entitled by law to them....they will try to cnceal them from you as Paul and Me know full well.

sparkie

Hi Sparkie, I have moved several times since I banked with the RBS due to work etc.

Luckily, when I called CMS on receipt of the 'loan agreement' for this router account (basically cos I had no idea what this account was, and was genuinely concerned it was fraud), the lady on the phone gave me all of my sort codes & account numbers, so I have all of the information I need - including all of the routing account details.

I hope to get to the bottom of this with you & others help!!!

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it.

On the letter from CMS, was there really no name or have you "washed it" out. If there wasn't that's a break in the bank's own protocol, especially with regard to complaint handling.

If they have created a new loan agreement, all they need to do is compare the signature on your letter to the onw on the loan agreement - but of course, you never signed the loan agreement because you know nothing about it - oops!

It seems CMS are using the act to stall you - part 2, section7 (3) A data controller is not obliged to comply with a request under this section unless he is supplied with such information as he may reasonably require in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making the request and to locate the information which that person seeks.

Irrespective of whether or not you closed your account, you will still have a Customer Identification Number (CIN) and there may be scanned copies of your signature on file - why not call into a branch and ask them to check the Image Signature Verification system?

Remember that Data Protection Act covers everything that the bank hold on you, including internal e-mails, notepads and certainly computer records. Failure to supply details of the router would therefore be a clear breach of the act.

I may be being a wee bit thick here, but what reason have they provided to you for opening the new "loan account"? Surely the word agreement suggests that both parties at least had a chat about this before going ahead?

Edited by rickyd

gaz2954 - what have Experian and Equifax had to say about secret credit searches?

I bet they believe that it's impossible to check their files without leaving any trace.

If you have evidence of this being done, they will certainly want to know as it means their security is woefully inadequate?

Even worse, it means they are in material breach of the act in allowing this to happen.

They would be between a rock and a hard place - damned if they permitted the practice (collusion) and damned if they were unaware (failure to protect).

Either way it would very interesting to hear their comments.

I hope this is something thatmay bebefit everyone on the whole forum site,

Hope Paul dosn't mind me putting this on his thread, if anyone wants more explanations or answers please ask them on my RBS thread.

sparkie

I will try and explain these “secret” searches that are carried by Banks & other financial institutions,

There are quite a few of different search methods at the disposal of these Institutions, the one in question is called a CM search, this search method is meant only to be used when the data subject has a legitimate financial “arrangement” with the specific institution.

If you have an account with any bank or Institution they use this unrecorded method every month to check on your credit status with other institutions ..and so that your credit file does not become " bulky" these searches do not show on your file.

They can quite legitimately use this search as it does not leave a “footprint” on the searched file in question ……BUT it is recorded on the CRA's audit system.........normal customer service personel of the CRA cannot see this search on their screens if you ask information about any search you may “suspect” as being made , you will be told as I was …No search has been carried out by Nat West or the RBS on the dates I stated they had.

You may ask …How did I know these searches had been carried out? The answer is that as my partner and I are linked financially via our mortgage…..these searches although they were not meant to be recorded on my file ( because RBS wanted to actually “copy “my Credit file without me knowing) they left a “tell tale footprint “on her credit file.

I then made approaches to Equifax and I then got the actually deep audit records from Equifax of these searches which gave the EXACT date and time of these searches to the second.

The RBS had got the Nat West to copy my credit file report who then passed it over to the RBS who then witheld that file from my SAR until they produced it in their Court Bundle defence papers, they kept the fact that they had copied my credit file concealed

On being asked why they copied this file under this “secret “ search method……..the RBS denied they had and are still trying to deny it.

They said that they asked Equifax to delete the record of the search which DID show ( i.e the secret search method was not used) on my file until Equifax deleted it on the RBS’s request.

Equifax completely refute that any request was ever made by RBS and even if it had been made would have refused to remove without my consent/request, and as I was unaware of it could not have requested it be removed because it was never shown to me on my credit file as being there in the first place

ALL Done from CMS TELFORD....even the RBS data Controller of RBS Joyce E.Tudor had no record of these searches......when I contacted her and asked why?... she said she had been instructed not to speak to me and refer me to Cobbetts the Banks solicitors.

Edited by Sparkie1723
spelling

sparkie this sounds like someone is scared! Joyce Tudor may well end up as the sacrificial lamb as the Data Controller ultimately carries resonsibility for the whole company.

Have Cobbetts been it touch yet and what have they had to say on the subject?