walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Taken from Debbsys post what she was told

This was the origonal recovery department in the 1990's, run from head office in Edinburgh. All paper files were destroyed [confirmed by Joyce E Tudor]

Now if this is true ...How come they can produce this Loan agreement/invoivce with regard to Mr Green when ALL paper records were destroyed and all they have is their diary logs........they are lying again as usual, or is that another fasley recreated false document and that is why there is no signature on it.

Explain that Mr RBS/Nat West.....recreated on the accounting system of your "Internal Router Accounts" That we are not supposed to know about.

It is also very strange that they can produce this document and record from the early 1990's when it appears to their advantage ...but can't produce the records and documents that I have asked for because they would be to their dis advantage and the records I want date from 1999 nearly 10 years after.

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was submitted into court... this is a blatant lie and an asult on my character.

The bank would further request that the court orders the Claimant to pay its costs of making this application pursuant to CPR 3.4(2)(g) on the grounds that the Claimant has behaved unreasonably in bringing this claim in reliance upon factual issues that have already been litigated and allegations that he knows to be untrue. The bank has warned the Claimant in the Defence itself that it would seek its costs in this manner.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

This was submitted into court... this is a blatant lie and an assault on my character.

The bank would further request that the court orders the Claimant to pay its costs of making this application pursuant to CPR 3.4(2)(g) on the grounds that the Claimant has behaved unreasonably in bringing this claim in reliance upon factual issues that have already been litigated and allegations that he knows to be untrue. The bank has warned the Claimant in the Defence itself that it would seek its costs in this manner.

IMO Paul,

As you now have the absolute evidence after your meeting that it was as you say a character assassination you have a sound basis for a Defamation Claim..I think a more legally minded person such as PT would tend to agree, I would ask his views on that. You can include that aspect to be added to any offer of compensation RBS may offer you.

Also they labeled you as a "fantasist" to the media...remember?

So take heed anyone from RBS who is reading this thread!! ( which is more likely than not )....RBS know who we both are.

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723
additional points

Hi Paul nice photo of your and Mr Healy in the paper. And Head line is very strong. Half of the page is all your mate

Its God's gift Please Save The Earth.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

Helping someone in need is God,s blessing

RBS got a big stick here todays Guardian. Wel Done again

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

If any one can't find it its on Money section page 5

I like the last line where it says POSSIBLE goodwill payment from RBS

Here it is online version

Royal Bank of Scotland tactics in the spotlight as personal loan debts balloon

One RBS customer saw the amount he owed rise from £16,000 to £153,000. Rupert Jones reports

A-Royal-Bank-of-Scotland--001.jpg RBS is accused of allowing some personal loan balances to 'balloon' out of control. Photograph: Shaun Curry/AFP/Getty Images

Royal Bank of Scotland is facing questions about how it allowed a £16,000 loan, taken out by a customer who now has serious health problems, to balloon into a "monster" £153,000 debt.

Solicitors for John Green, from Woodsetton in Dudley, West Midlands, say it is "scandalous" that the state-controlled bank is pursuing a man who has suffered heart attacks, strokes and other illnesses. But the bank blames Green, saying he has not stuck to agreements and has only made "sporadic token payments" over the years.

Details of Green's situation emerged in the same week that another case highlighted by Guardian Money – that of RBS customer Paul Walton, who alleged foul play after discovering the amount he owed on his loan had rocketed – went all the way to the top, with a meeting at the House of Commons involving one of the bank's executives and a government minister.

Green says that there is no clear explanation as to how his debt mushroomed to such an extent that last month he was landed with a county court judgment for £153,754, and resulted in him becoming fearful of losing his home. However, his spells in hospital over the years are probably a factor.

Green, 56, says it all started in the early 1990s when he racked up several thousand pounds of debt on a NatWest gold card. In October 1993, NatWest (which is now part of RBS) "agreed to restructure" Green's borrowings into one £16,600 loan, according to a letter from the bank seen by Money.

But Paul Tilley, of Watsons solicitors in Llandudno, north Wales, claims that while Green was invited into the branch and offered a loan, "at no time was he given any document to sign. He never signed a thing".

The loan agreement document seen by Guardian Money does not appear to carry Green's signature.

Green made some payments on the loan but defaulted on others when he fell ill; he suffered a brain haemorrhage in 1999, has had several heart attacks and strokes, been diagnosed with Parkinson's syndrome, and has had mental health issues.

Green's daughter says part of the reason why things got so bad was that the bank was writing to her father while he was in hospital, but the family didn't open the post that arrived at his home during that time.

"Some of this is my fault," says Green. "But to go from that level to where it is now is ridiculous." He believes some of his health issues have been exacerbated by the dispute.

By March this year the amount claimed by the bank "in respect of invoices for monies due" had risen to £149,725. By June there was a county court judgment against him for £153,754. Tilley's firm has applied to have that judgment set aside.

Tilley says Green is an "easy target" for the bank and that he would like RBS to write off the debt. "It's obvious he is not well," he adds.

In a statement, a spokesman for RBS said: "Over the years, we have agreed a number of proposals with Mr Green [for him] to make regular repayments to reduce his outstanding borrowing. Regrettably, he has been unable to keep to these arrangements and has only made sporadic token payments. In 15 years, we have only received repayments totalling £1,500 and so, over this time, the level of his outstanding debt has continued to rise.

"We remain committed to discussing a mutually agreeable settlement with Mr Green and will be sympathetic to his health and financial situation."

Meanwhile, regular Guardian Money readers may remember the case of Paul Walton, who we featured in February last year.

Walton was the victim of what he said was "false/creative accounting," but which RBS countered was "a series of unfortunate errors".

At that time his MP, John Healey – now housing minister – said that what appeared to have gone on "seems unjust and potentially unlawful".

Walton, of Rotherham, turned detective after being told by RBS the amount he owed on his personal loan was much greater than he thought. He asked for a copy of his original loan agreement but when he received it, he knew it wasn't the genuine article.

He then found his original carbon copy, which confirmed his suspicions. Walton was also sent documentation that seemed to indicate his personal loan and overdraft had been turned into mysterious "capital and interest variable rate loans" without his consent. During his investigations he obtained an internal RBS memo, which boasted the bank was "recreating" loan agreements it had mislaid.

The bank has consistently claimed that Walton's case is due to a cock-up rather than conspiracy.

Walton has continued to press for answers, and further seemingly similar cases have come to light, while Healey and other MPs have engaged in correspondence and met with RBS executives. On 13 July, Healey hosted a meeting at the Commons with Walton and representatives from the bank, including Richard Hemsley, RBS's chief operating officer of group manufacturing.

Healey informed Guardian Money that this meeting "was a further step in trying to get to the bottom of how RBS has dealt with Mr Walton for more than a decade now. And it was the first chance really for Mr Walton to put the challenges and questions he has had about his experience direct to them, and to hear their explanations".

Commenting on the Commons meeting, the bank spokesman said: "We can confirm a meeting did take place on Monday [13 July] as part of ongoing dialogue that the bank set up with Mr Healey and Mr Walton."

Options to resolve this row are few and far between, but include a possible goodwill payment from RBS.

[email protected]

damn good article that:D

Mr Greens case is going to prove very testing but its sure gonna be fun, i think hes just starting whereas pauls case is on the road to being settled

Edited by pt2537

I believe RBS will offer Paul a"gesture of goodwill" payment, its just what this offer is to be...but you can rest assured it won't be in the region of what they are trying to "Rob" Mr Greene out of..........it appears RBS only like counting large figures when it's money IN to them ...but can't count at all when it is GOING OUT!!!:mad::mad::mad:

sparkie

damn good article that:D

Rupert is very clever.

I understand the Yorkshire post may be doing something as well.

Winston Churchill

In Mr Greens case, even the claim form was rubbish, "the invoices for monies due" statement is ALL that it says in the particulars of claim, also, despite what the bank says, that Mr Green has only paid £1500, they have not been able to provide 1 statement at all that shows the amounts borrowed or repaid.

This bank is truly shocking, there is sooo much that i would love to share with this story but sadly it could prejudice Mr Green and i would rather report the story when the case has been before a judge, if it ever gets that far

In Mr Greens case, even the claim form was rubbish, "the invoices for monies due" statement is ALL that it says in the particulars of claim, also, despite what the bank says, that Mr Green has only paid £1500, they have not been able to provide 1 statement at all that shows the amounts borrowed or repaid.

This bank is truly shocking, there is sooo much that i would love to share with this story but sadly it could prejudice Mr Green and i would rather report the story when the case has been before a judge, if it ever gets that far

There'll be lots more Mr Greens.

Winston Churchill

There'll be lots more Mr Greens.

yes mate, Sadly there will, but hopefully, the Mr Greens out there will read the story, see your thread and realise that they can fight back and can get the justice that they deserve

PT Whilst of course I want Mr Green to win ASAP I do hope that this matter does end up in court rather be than settled out of with a confidentiality clause attached We need the appalling conduct of this bank exposed & more importantly closely analysed in open court

Hi Jon

Yep dont you worry about that, its not going to be brushed under the carpet , that i can assure you

Oh BTW, sorry, i missed your PM, i havent been online save for using the mobile phone and limited internet access

we are already preping counsel etc for this job so it will not go away quietly

I thought they replaced your original, fixed rate loan and overdraft with variable rate loans?

They did. My router account is the mother to the two tracker loans which shows the book debt.

Winston Churchill

I like the comment about being "closely analysed in open court" but I wuldn't hold your breat on that one. RBS has a history of claiming "commercially sensitive" status on anything they'd rather wasn't common knowledge and with the Govt's connection through UKFI they'll probably agree to this to save ministerial red faces.

Drop in the ocean comes to mind. I'm sure almost everybody looking in has thought about the securitisation of the banks book, all else aside I don't see any other purpose for CMS than to 'manage' accounts and provide for just such a vehicle.

I would imagine there will be many cases seeing the light of day over the coming months and years, all this really needs is some media focus for the consumer to become aware and pre-empt the banks position.

Originating accounts active for tax recovery, duplicate routers encumbered with 'super interest' for improved capital/asset ratio.

If you assume a rolling average of 50,000 accounts per annum at origin balance of circa 20k (very conservative estimate), £1b accruing compound at 15% the securitisation of this book suddenly becomes an extremely profitable and low risk concern for any SPV....... the risk of course falls upon the unwitting consumer/investor - that would be your final salary pension pot disappearing under the weight of a rights issue for a capital return which never truly existed because the originator (the bank) had previously inflated value and continued/s to take up any beneficial interest recovered.

By removing loans from its balance sheet, a bank can improve its capital:asset ratio and free up capital to make new loans, possibly at more profitable rates. It can then increase its capital efficiency.

Under securitisation arrangements banks will usually have rights to surplus income arising in particular from the difference in interest paid on the notes and that paid on the securitised loans.

These amounts may be paid to the bank through a number of mechanisms: set up or service fees, "super interest" on amounts owed to the bank (e.g, on repayment of all subordinated debt), as beneficiary under a "Receivables Trust" etc.

Goes back to my earlier post...........did RBS really have any liquidity to protect when Mr Brown decided to write them a blank cheque?

Paul,

A possible good will jeasture. Ok this good will gesture better be good something like writing off the debt repaying u everything u have paid since the ccj and closing the router account.

PT,

As we all know you cannot disclose to much details about Mr Greens case but please would u let him know that he has annoymous friends who are looking out for his name when it comes to kicking RBS backside in his case. I am discusted by the way Mr Green has been treaten and feel the only way to settle his case is with them admitting liability and saying we were wrong and cancelling the debt the CCj and giving him a large payout.

Fancy them doing all this to a very sick man makes me hate them even more.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Paul,

A possible good will jeasture. Ok this good will gesture better be good something like writing off the debt repaying u everything u have paid since the ccj and closing the router account.

PT,

As we all know you cannot disclose to much details about Mr Greens case but please would u let him know that he has annoymous friends who are looking out for his name when it comes to kicking RBS backside in his case. I am discusted by the way Mr Green has been treaten and feel the only way to settle his case is with them admitting liability and saying we were wrong and cancelling the debt the CCj and giving him a large payout.

Fancy them doing all this to a very sick man makes me hate them even more.

I know, Its truly shocking the Green case. i will pass on your thoughts

Gezwee,

With reference to your last post, I would like it known on the forum that I made MR Brown fully aware of what I belived was going on in CMS Telford

nearly 2 years ago I have a letter from No10 that says " The Prime Minister has asked me to thank you for the documents and information and has passed them to the Treasury Dept who will respond on his behalf.......The Treasury never replied.

I also made the FSA aware of the facts at the same time and I have three letters from the FSA just saying thank you for the information with regard the RBS , we will be passing them on to the relevant departments.

I have had similar replies from the BCSB. AND A COMPLETE BRUSH OFF FROM THE BBA that I was talking a load of B*******T

sparkie