Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really confused, gut reaction says the T&C on page 2 have been pasted on, so won't find out till/if it goes to court

You could try using CPR 31 but suggest you read this before doing so & note the caveats:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear all out there. Can anyone give me a hand on my Lloyds CCA because I have my court form ready to claim back charges but want to find out if this is enforceable first. Best regards Maisie

The Pescribed Terms are these

A Amount of credit

A term stating the amount of credit

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

C Rate of interest

A term stating the rate of interest to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

For a fixed Sum Credit Agreement

A conventional credit agreement with none of the above restrictions

A and B apply

The prescribed terms look to be there to me. Someone else might spot something wrong with it.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

I don't want to give you false hope, but check out APR on this site as I don't think that suffices on it's own for rate of interest.

There needs to be a flat rate of interest shown also I believe which I can't see on first glance.

EDIT: Also, APR just says 8.8.

8.8 what??

Bananas??

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

it should give you details on rites to cancel on the forms.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi,

I sent a CCA and statement of account request to Skycard. Skycard has sent me the 1 page CCA as well as their current terms and conditions, no statement of account. I noticed on the signed CCA my surname has been typed on with a misspelling, it is missing a letter. Does the misspelling of my surname affect the enforceability of the CCA at all? Does Skycard still have a legal obligation to supply the statement of account as requested?

Another question I have with regards CCAs is what parts of the Consumer Credit Act do they by law have to include on the credit agreement? The reason I ask is that somewhere on the CAG website I read that the following has to be included to make the agreement enforceable:

"schedule 1 para 3-19 is statutory info, plus there is schedule 2 forms 1-15 depending upon the agreement. If you have a large chunk of this info missing that can mean you have been denied the info the law requires and could prejudice you as a result"

I would appreciate advice from any of the lovely members of CAG.

Thanks

Falten

Hi falten

If you look at the very first post of this thread it tells you what terms have to be included in a credit agreement to make it enforceable.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thanks for the reply. I have read through the first page of this post regarding enforceable CCAs. I am still wanting to know whether a CCA with a misspelt name is still enforceable?

Please could someone advise me on this 8)

If the name was just slightly misspelt, not completely different, & everything else was OK, I think it would be almost certainly be declared enforceable by a court - a de minimis error.

Hi People

There are so many knowledgeable people on here, with all the temp plate letters and helping and giving advice whilst dealing with their own problems a big thanks to them, has anyone set out the procedure from the 1st letter to the last, and in what stages on what to do and look for, and what action to take and when? Could be really helpful , if anyone has the knowledge or the time .

Good Hunting

Hit them scales if you think its a good idea

To cut a long story short - I CCA'd Wescot who were chasing me on behalf of Halifax. Wescot didn't reply to the CCA in time so I defaulted them and placed the account in dispute. Today I received this letter:

Store & Serve - File hosting for the internet made easy using file upload!

and this as their CCA:

The letter from Halifax talks about not required to provide a copy of the original signed agreement? Isn't that wrong for a start?

Can someone take a look - and I hope I've posted it in the right place...

Thanks

Lapchien

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

To cut a long story short - I CCA'd Wescot who were chasing me on behalf of Halifax. Wescot didn't reply to the CCA in time so I defaulted them and placed the account in dispute. Today I received this letter:

and this as their CCA:

The letter from Halifax talks about not required to provide a copy of the original signed agreement? Isn't that wrong for a start?

Can someone take a look - and I hope I've posted it in the right place...

Thanks

Lapchien

Hi,

can't see anything when on store and serve.

They have only sent you a copy of terms and conditions and not a copy of the agreement that you requested. Perhaps write to them with a SAR that means they have to do a full disclosue of your file - see elsewhere on the forum about SAR's.

Natwest refused to send my agreement on a S.77/8 but when I then sent them a SAR they capitulated and said that they have "misfiled" my agreement and cannot produce it.

Go in with big guns blazing and argue like you know what you are talking about!!!

Firefox 1969 - the answer remains the same - if the agreement is dated after April 2007 then it is deemed compliant no matter what. If it is dated prior to the cut-off then if any of the prescribed terms are missing there is a good chance the agreement is unfair - the outcome depends on the size of stick used to beat the lender!!

Sorry this is incorrect, the date does not affect everything and above all it is misleading to say that any contract ( Credit Agreement ) after the 6th April 2007 is fair and compliant

I am fully aware of the repeal of s127(3) CCA 1974 but s127(1)&(2) are still active and also there is the unfair relationship provisions of s140 CCA

there are more ways of killing an agreement than just a missing prescribed term, for example if the card has been subject to securitisation then that may throw a few spanners in the works of the lenders

Srictly speaking it doesn't have the heading in the prescribed form but as it is obvious that it would have stated ' Credit Card Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974' (ie. it's just a bad copy), it has the other prescribed terms & you have signed it, even if they didn't produce the original in court, IMO I would consider it enforceable.

Srictly speaking it doesn't have the heading in the prescribed form but as it is obvious that it would have stated ' Credit Card Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974' (ie. it's just a bad copy), it has the other prescribed terms & you have signed it, even if they didn't produce the original in court, IMO I would consider it enforceable.

Thanks FoolishGirl

S.

Hi, can anyone tell me if my agreement is enforceable? I scanned it on another thread and somebody said it looks enforceable to them, but today I noticed that at the bottom of the first page of the agreement it says "application form" which has been deliberately covered with a white sticker but you can still see what is underneath when the light shines on it. Surely then it is not an agreement but an application form. You can actually still see it in the scan i have uploaded on the bottom right of the first page. Any advice?

cabot2.jpg

cabot3.jpg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks