Lost My Kilt Jacket!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey there could anybody advise me what is going to happen. I was out on saturday night in a nightclub. I took my jacket off so i could dance cause I was sweating. I then went outside forgetting about my jacket and getting a taxi with some guy who lived near me.

I woke up and phoned the club but it was not found. I asked to see CCTV but they said that they had checked CCTV and they could not see me on it. I asked this incase I had actually wore my jacket outside because a mate told me he thought I was wearing it.?

question1 .. since the kilt jacket was hired will I have to pay them the full amount for the jacket :(

question2... Can I gain access to the CCTV footage to make sure I did not wear the jacket out of the club?

any response would be great:evil::shock:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You would have paid a deposit I assume? you will just loose that and the shop will claim off their insurance. Will happen all the time with lost and damaged articles.

2. To what end do you want to see the CCTV footage? If it did show you leaving the club with the jacket on then what? its still lost (have you phoned the taxi firm on the off chance you left it in there?)

If it shows you leaving with it not on then what? its still lost!

I paid 0 deposit though? only £45 for the full thing. It was the other guy who booked the taxi so Im waiting on his response to get the taxi number?

So I wont have to pay out hundreds of pounds on a new jacket for them then?

I really hope not! lol even though it was my mistake for being a drunken mess haha:o

But that's if you've left a deposit - you lose the deposit, the retained deposits pay their insurance premiums, they claim for lost items. You're a little unclear about the jacket itself - you said you hired it, but didn't put a deposit down? Did you pay anything for it? What was this £45 if not a deposit?

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Guys I need to go back to this shop tonight w/out jacket. Since I did not sign anything could they try put the whole cost onto me?

any advice please

Have you got home contents insurance of you own that may cover you for loss or claims from a third party against you for their losses arising from your negligence.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Ok I got hold of taxi company! I was not wearing it so some1 has stole it from the nightclub.. anybody advise me on this?

Also can I legally gain access to the CCTV footage because I took my jacket off about 10mins from the end so I know the rough time the person would have walked out at

Guest Gertie100

You paid £45 to hire it, doesn't this payment include the insurance premium in case anything happens to it?

No! I paid £45 for the hire of the kilt. Just got a phone call from them. They want £190 off me for the kilt jacket. It was lost in the night club so I am calling police when I get home as well..

I really cant be expected to pay £190 can I? they say its my responsibilty? Can they not claim of there insurance? do I have a legal right to pay? I did not sign anything!

Guest Gertie100

You didn't get any paperwork when you hired it?

Normally you sign an agreement stating when you want it, when you are going to return it, and what would happen in this very situation...

If no paperwork, then I can't see that a cost for replacement can be levied, unless payment of £45 constitutes accepting some sort of Ts & Cs?

I signed the back of a silly card and I signed it in a massive scrawl the size of the paper that looks nothing like mine. They were really aggressive on the phone and said they want £190 for a new jacket! I signed nothing stating terms and conditions at all! was not shown what would happen in the event of a loss!

Taking a jacket off and leaving it somewhere then losing it is careless. Even more so when it was not even yours.

Do you know if the hire company insure it's jackets? If not, then they are quite within their rights seeking compensation for the loss.

Also, don't bash the newbie. In a round-about-way he is probably saying what others are thinking.

It doesn't matter if they're new on here or not. I happen to agree that if you've lost it, then the very least that should happen is that you should forfeit your deposit of £45. Out of interest, why did you sign the 'silly little card' with a signature that looks 'nothing like' your own?

You really are not giving the whole story here. What was on the card that you signed? What conditions were explained to you when you hired it (don't tell us that there were no conditions explained/present/available, I've hired before and every time the conditions were either explained or written down as part of the hire)? TBH, the least you've lost is £45, through, as you admit, your own carelessness.

-----

Guest Gertie100

I'm with Demon on this one I'm afraid...although ultimately if it went to court and the Ts and Cs either aren't present with signature, or do not include lists of charges if item is lost/stolen would it get anywhere?

A signature is not necessary for the creation of a contract - the placing of the deposit by one party and the acceptance from the other party (who then hands over the jacket for however long it is) creates one. If a signature was necessary then online or distance orders would not be possible.

-----

I am being truthful when I say nothing was explained in regards to T&C's. It was a yellow card I signed on back and It had nothing on it apart from my size on the front.

There was absolutely nothing stated about in event of loss. I have hired 6 times before in past 5months and never once been told of T&C's or anything!...............?

Oh dammit! I paid a £10 deposit for it but that was non refundable anyway

Guest Gertie100

So does that give the company to ask for huge sums of money to replace missing item? (General question, I have absolutely no idea how much it costs to replace a kilt jacket;) !)