Arabic Tattoo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 10 months later...

sorry to hear that jendoc

i am professional Arabic translator and calligrapher and I am based in Manchester (it is not me who did your translation), I offer my services worldwide on my website [link removed] and over the past few years I did thousands of tattoo designs, yet I never had a single complaint about my translation. I agree with others when you want to do a tattoo in any language that you don't know it is always worth paying the small translation fees. On my website you can order a tattoo translation for as little as £8. You may save this amount if you ask someone to write it for you but remember you are taking a risk. There maybe a misunderstanding, tattooist may get mixed up with with orders from different customers. it is always good to use professional service where it is their job to provide you with the correct translation and be responsible for it.

There is a difference between name translation and name transliteration. We don't usually translate meaning of names, we only write it in Latin alphabet. Some names have Arabic equivalents such as Peter = Putrus, lucas = Luqa, Joseph = Yusuf, Jacob = Yaqoob, etc, we used to give customer the choice but we stopped doing that we write it as it is in Arabic and translate words other than names eg. mark loves sarah will be written as mark yuheb sarah. This is because most people prefer their name to be pronounced as it is.

Edited by Bookworm
link removed

If you didn't have to sign any consent

forms

then then this

scratcher

should be shut down for good. It's basic tattooing practice to do this, just like

autoclaving

all the gear and anything that can;t be is covered in single use plastic.

The correct procedure would be for you to sign the consent for before anything happens to confirm that you have disclosed any medical information that is relevant and that you are willing to be tattooed. Then once the stencil is applied you should sign a second section of the form to say you're happy with the design and placement. Only then should the tattoo begin.

That's certainly what happened whenever I've been tattooed.

This has happened more than people think, local news (ITV) had a story October 2007 circa.

A young lady was on subject of the news story, she had got a tattoo on her arm in a Chinese symbol saying "LOVE" the story went on to say that after having it done she was out with her partner at a Chinese resturant when she was asked to cover the tattoo up, on explanation she was told by several members of staff that it ment "WHORE". I don't remember the full story, and i've tried searching itvlocal but unable to find it. At the time I must say I did find it funny myself, but thinking about it, its not funny.

I do recall the police giving an interview to ITV into the matter, but never heard anything after.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

oh dear... Ive got a tattoo on my leg that says love!!! (supposedly) but Ive got a Chinese friend thankfully and she says my Chinese symbols look about right, but Ive chosen to have anything else tattooed on me in English - it might not look as good but at least I know its right!!!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

... Ive got a Chinese friend thankfully and she says my Chinese symbols look about right....

One thing to remember with Chinese, Mandarin and Cantonese are two totally different languages, and most Chinese people are unable to understand the the other, plus with the THOUSAND different dialects of Mandarin, one symbol may be different in a different dialect.

But I wouldn't worry Mrs Ryan, if your friend says it "Looks about right" then :rolleyes: I'm sure it is about right :D

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

well, if they are wrong it doesnt matter too much... one is one the very top of my leg and one is on my foot both of which are covered up in public so even if it does say something dodgy i dont really mind :D my visible tattoos are in english :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

• 11 months later...

It depends where the tattoo artist got his translation - maybe you have a case against the person who provided the translation. But it is a good idea in the future the check, and double check.

The best thing is actually to spend a few dollars and get a professional service by a native speaker of the language. But many don't so stories like yours are common...

My Arabic tattoo is one service to consider.