SLC Cannot Supply The Original Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is that the Natural Enviroment Research Council ?

Natural Environment & Rural Communities Act 2006

Pete, ...errr.. Bruce.... errr..... whomever! :D

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That'll teach me to go to bed early! Well done Bruce (and second Bruce). Perhaps this information needs to go into an FAQ or Statutes section so people know what to do when companies try this one.

I would like to allege in my letter that HSBC are willfully misleading me. Is this a dangerous thing to do, seeing as I could not prove it? I would think the balance of probability is on my side though as they are the worlds second largest bank and can afford to know the law.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Is there a FAQ/step by step about this? If so can someone provide a link. I am hoping to send Barclaycard, BlackHorse, and Northern Rock a CCA request.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Natural Environment & Rural Communities Act 2006

Pete, ...errr.. Bruce.... errr..... whomever! :D

I was close :D

ooooh I have a copy of Si 1983/1557 just arrived which has now made me late fro work but I dont care after seeing this ;)

Peter (or was it Bruce ) is perfectly correct and I dont need to see SI1983/1569 to say that.SI 1557 ONLY applies where copies of documents are sent pre-contract as part of the cancellation rights.

IT specifically covers the format of cancellation documents (and copies) where sections 62,63,64, 68,58, 82 and 85 are concerned. Section 77/78 asre NOT covered by SI 1557.

I'll post the details regarding sec 85 later but its nothing to worry about;-)

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Wow. That'll teach me to go to bed early! Well done Bruce (and second Bruce). Perhaps this information needs to go into an FAQ or Statutes section so people know what to do when companies try this one.

I would like to allege in my letter that HSBC are willfully misleading me. Is this a dangerous thing to do, seeing as I could not prove it? I would think the balance of probability is on my side though as they are the worlds second largest bank and can afford to know the law.

IMHO Bruce (or is that Pete) ( or maybe even Kate) I believe HSBC are willfully misleading you. Having read this SI quickly there is no doubt in my mind that it only applies where copies of documents are supplied as part of the right of cancellation and therefore only applies to new agreements. Existing agreement are NOT covered by it.

Therefore to quote this SI as a reason for not supplying a copy of the executed agreement under a section 77/78 request is blatant misleading.

I am tempted now to contact the Law Society, if I had a solicitors name I would register a complaint about him/her deliberately telling mistruths to mislead and confuse.

Bruce

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

I would not personally allege that anyone is guilty of any crime, that's for a judge to decide.

Rather I would write along the lines of:

I do not agree with your interpretation of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983. I believe that these regulations apply to pre-contractual documents or document copies issued by the creditor in the immediate aftermath of a credit agreement under the control of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act) Sections 58,62, 63 and 64.

Sections 77 and 78 of the Act are not bound by the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983; any request under Sections 77 and 78 of the Act can only be fulfilled with a copy of the fully and properly executed agreement conforming to Section 61 of the Act.

I am surprised that HSBC, with all it's legal resources is unaware of the applicability of the various sections of the Act and associated regulations especially as a high proportion of HSBC's business in the UK is regulated by the Act! I am assuming of course that this is a genuine error on your part and not a willful attempt to mislead me which of course would be a serious offence.

I therefore await your full and proper response to my Consumer Credit Act 1974 Section 78 request. I posted this to you on ______ and I deemed it to have been received by HSBC on ________ (2 days later). You therefore have until _____ to respond.

Something like that anyway should do the trick.

The original Bruce

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Is there a FAQ/step by step about this? If so can someone provide a link. I am hoping to send Barclaycard, BlackHorse, and Northern Rock a CCA request.

There is a template letter for making a section 77/78 request. A lot of thsi discussion is to counter claims for not supplying the agreement under that request under SI1983/1557. I have posted above a possible response if the company does try using this.

No FAQ or sticky yet but I expect it will come soon.

I would not personally allege that anyone is guilty of any crime, that's for a judge to decide.

Rather I would write along the lines of:

Something like that anyway should do the trick.

The original Bruce

Much better :D

Much better :D

Thank you good sir :cool:

I would of course also be pointing out in my letter that the clock is still ticking from the date of the original request to HSBC under S78.... (12 working days + 2 then one month = criminal default) ;) . There will be no time extension just because HSBC "misunderstood" the regulations!!

The original Bruce

I can not thank you all enough. You are brilliant. Thank you xx

Thanks Sam.

We are here to help each other; each of us alone would never have got so far but by putting our heads together we can outthink any organisation! 8-)

Pete

I can not thank you all enough. You are brilliant. Thank you xx

I agree totally...... all pasted into word now ready for a response yipee I love this forum:D:D!

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Coments and rewrites on the suggested draft I posted above are welcome

That seems to be just the ticket. Lets hope there are no other devious little suprises up their sleves.

Yes i did spend a good amount of time in the library just goes to show in the age of the internet sometimes you just have to hit the books for an answer.

Cheers Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Coments and rewrites on the suggested draft I posted above are welcome

That seems to be just the ticket. Lets hope there are no other devious little suprises up their sleves.

Yes i did spend a good amount of time in the library just goes to show in the age of the internet sometimes you just have to hit the books for an answer.

Cheers Peter

A devious little surprise could be coming later this evening after I have chance to talk to a couple of people. Peter can you check and respond to your PM's please.

In the meantime everyone please hold fire, something has come to my attention an hour ago and I need to thoroughly check its validity.

OK Tam, cool.......can't wait for your reply!! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

A devious little surprise could be coming later this evening after I have chance to talk to a couple of people. Peter can you check and respond to your PM's please.

In the meantime everyone please hold fire, something has come to my attention an hour ago and I need to thoroughly check its validity.

Holy smoke.

My nipples explode with delight :o.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Holy smoke.

My nipples explode with delight :o.

I'm hoping thats not Kate/Bruce with exploding nipples lmao

Imagine the devestation :o

Well Firstly it is getting harder and harder to keep up the reading with you guys ;) with the fasts posts but nice work and good job done on finding the right info to stick this back to them.

Not that it really does matter but i thought i might put a two pence piece worth in, I have today been working for a company which i probably should not mention on here, but what they do is they collect all the boxes from companies that want information and documents and relevant other information that they need to keep and put it in their big storage depot which every box has a keep date on them and after that keep date the paperwork then gets distroyed by the company. Basically it is all the stuff that companies want archived for future reference and in this one warehouse also was over 98000 boxes all containing data and personel records.

So it does look like that yes maybe a lot of companies do keep the relevant files but looking at this warehouse i think it is more hassle than it is worth, to start looking for documents that might be relevant.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

From zootscoot: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/39501-cca-request-help.html

Re: CCA Request - Help!

Quote:

Technically true, but they cannot enforce it in a court of law.

Yes they can but they can not sue on the contract. They can bring an action in the law of restitution which is a claim outside the law of contract or CCA. This is based on unjust enrichment.

Quote:

So it means i would have to pay the full amount immediately?! Could someone explain in a wee bit more detail

If you make a credit agreement unenforceable by making a CCA request. The agreement ie relating to terms and conditions such as date of payment, unterest rate etc is unenforceable but the debt remains. You have had the money and have not given anything in return. Therefore the money is still in law regarded as belonging to the creditor. With out the agreement in place allowing for monthly payments the creditor can request this money at any time. You may be able to negotiate a new payment arrangement.

YIKES!

Good post ppauls150. I was wondering where all that bumf went!

Their warehouse full of old bits of paper which may or may not be important sounds like the shoebox where I keep all my bits of old paper which may or may not be important!

From zootscoot: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/39501-cca-request-help.html

Re: CCA Request - Help!

Quote:

Technically true, but they cannot enforce it in a court of law.

Yes they can but they can not sue on the contract. They can bring an action in the law of restitution which is a claim outside the law of contract or CCA. This is based on unjust enrichment.

Quote:

So it means i would have to pay the full amount immediately?! Could someone explain in a wee bit more detail

If you make a credit agreement unenforceable by making a CCA request. The agreement ie relating to terms and conditions such as date of payment, unterest rate etc is unenforceable but the debt remains. You have had the money and have not given anything in return. Therefore the money is still in law regarded as belonging to the creditor. With out the agreement in place allowing for monthly payments the creditor can request this money at any time. You may be able to negotiate a new payment arrangement.

YIKES!

Possibly, but picture the situation:

The bank trundle you into court and tell the judge that you owe them 2 grand and won’t pay it back. They concede that they have not conformed to the CCA and try to use the argument above.

The judge looks at the bank solicitor over the top of his specs and says “That’s all well and good Mr Barclay-Lloyd. Can you provide the court with evidence that this debt exists, like a properly executed credit agreement under the terms of the CCA 1974?”

Well Firstly it is getting harder and harder to keep up the reading with you guys ;) with the fasts posts but nice work and good job done on finding the right info to stick this back to them.

Not that it really does matter but i thought i might put a two pence piece worth in, I have today been working for a company which i probably should not mention on here, but what they do is they collect all the boxes from companies that want information and documents and relevant other information that they need to keep and put it in their big storage depot which every box has a keep date on them and after that keep date the paperwork then gets distroyed by the company. Basically it is all the stuff that companies want archived for future reference and in this one warehouse also was over 98000 boxes all containing data and personel records.

So it does look like that yes maybe a lot of companies do keep the relevant files but looking at this warehouse i think it is more hassle than it is worth, to start looking for documents that might be relevant.

I'm sure your experience illustrates part of the problem for the banks. The other, in my humble opinion, is that the banks are reaping the rewards of years of cost cutting and "streamlining". They just don't have the staff to handle these sorts of clerical tasks inside the very tight timeframes the DPA and CCA allow them, and their paperwork workload must be multiplying nicely by now!