Wescot/RBofS.....Oh Dear!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please feel free to pinch whatever you like.

!! you won't be able to sit down for weeks!!;)

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please feel free to pinch whatever you like.

Ooh Rory - how naughty are you?!

Beware the CAGbots! :p;)

deedee

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

• 11 months later...

they lost neary 700 million last year so they may start be very active in recouping there money.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Rory

you are a star and also to hopeful1 for helping me and linking me to your thread, thanks to you both, have had a great learning lesson tonight

so off i go to do that cca, even if only 1 of my 9 creditors cannot find the original cca it will be worth it, fab news for you , and for us, its great when you can see the thread from start to finish, ive started mine with mbna and other creditors will set up their own thread too,

hope im as successful as you though, have a fun evening ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

How did posts 101 and 102, both dated 9th August get to be before posts 103 and 104 which are dated 8th August ???

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

glitch i think will report it to a mod.

Have reported it.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

It turned out to be an unintentional trick question. The posts from 9th August were from last year. Apologies to all...

:confused:

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

It turned out to be an unintentional trick question. The posts from 9th August were from last year. Apologies to all...

:confused:

Ooops. Nice one palomino :lol::lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ok i cant cancel the report tho but when its looked into they will see the mistake.

• 2 months later...

Rory, I think you were extremely lucky with the laws you were using for your account with Westcot.

I wrote the following to a Credit Card Company.

“Document Retention

According to sections 221 and 222 of the Companies Act 1985, a public company is required to maintain records for a period of six years (section 222(5)(b).

As a loan agreement is active until the agreement is terminated, I would suggest that all the payment records (and other documents making up the file - including the agreement/application etc) would be "live" until the account is paid, or terminated - thus, the full file should be retained for at least six years after that.

This interpretation fits in with Inland Revenue legislation that requires prime documents to be retained for a period of six years - AFTER THE END OF THE RELEVANT ACCOUNTING PERIOD. That would mean some files need to be retained for up to seven years. The relevant legislation is found in Schedule 18 of the Finance Act 1998 (paragraph 21) - of particular significance is sub-paragraph (6) which states:

"The duty to preserve records under this paragraph includes a duty to preserve all supporting documents relating to the items mentioned in sub-paragraph (5)(a) and (b)."

Finally, key documents/application forms etc must be kept until 5 years after that business relationship has ended. This is a requirement of The Money Laundering Regulations 1993, 2003 and 2007.

I received a reply from them which says..

I can confirm that ??? holds data for 6 years and application forms for 5 years after the business relationship has ended in accordance with record retention guidelines. Therefore transactions data prior to July 2002 is not available and can not be provided.

So ... first of all I telephoned Information Commissioners Office who said their policy is for documents to held "as long as is necessary". Perhaps the FSA can help.

FSA said The Companies Act only requires for documents to be kept for 6 years. So if you had asked for documents in 2008 the company need only have kept them from 2002, 2007 from 2001, etc... They then advised me to speak to the Inland Revenue

Inland Revenue say documents are only to be retained for 6 years AFTER THE RELEVANT ACCOUNTING PERIOD which translates as april to april in each year, again if you were to request documents in 2008, they would have only needed to be kept from 2002. Then then put me through to the person dealing with Money Laundering who say.

Key documents ie statements/key documents/application forms again are only required to be kept for 5 years after the accounting period and from when a business relationship ends, so if it ends in 2008 they would only need to keep documents from the 2008 accounting period until 2013.

All of the above were adamant that the regulations do not require documents of any kind to be maintained from inception of account opening until 6 / 5 years after the close of the relationship.

This really ticked me off no end. However, one of the IR staff did ask my reason for querying this legislation. I said I had been provided with statements for 6 years and I wanted them from 1999. He said, if they dont have the statements from 1999 then how would they be able to prove the opening / carried forward balance on the first statement they have provided which was 2002 ??:D

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

He said, if they dont have the statements from 1999 then how would they be able to prove the opening / carried forward balance on the first statement they have provided which was 2002 ??:D

I have used a similar argument in court where an amount was debited from an account but there was nothing to show where it went to. It could have related to someone else's account - without evidence how can they claim the person owes that money?

I also argued on another matter where 18 months statements from the middle of the 'agreement' were missing, that there was no record of the amounts paid to the account during that period and we could easily have paid it off during that time.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I have used a similar argument in court where an amount was debited from an account but there was nothing to show where it went to. It could have related to someone else's account - without evidence how can they claim the person owes that money?

I also argued on another matter where 18 months statements from the middle of the 'agreement' were missing, that there was no record of the amounts paid to the account during that period and we could easily have paid it off during that time.

Aha, I thought it was you that had done that. I am going to ask them to prove the carried forward figure ie the opening balance on teh first statement in the 6 years they have provided me with.. see what happens:)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Then then put me through to the person dealing with Money Laundering who say.

Key documents ie statements/key documents/application forms again are only required to be kept for 5 years after the accounting period and from when a business relationship ends, so if it ends in 2008 they would only need to keep documents from the 2008 accounting period until 2013.

But when they sell that account on then surely there is a new business relationship.

Anyway Wescott don't actually buy the debt they just work as agent of RBS so there is still a business relationship with the OC.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

But when they sell that account on then surely there is a new business relationship.

Anyway Wescott don't actually buy the debt they just work as agent of RBS so there is still a business relationship with the OC.

I dont know Rory, it is doing my head in:D

Although I think I lost the plot somewhat with your situation as the agreement / contract DOES have to be kept for the entire period of the relationship and for the period stated afterwards. It is only the statements there appears to be some confusion (for me at least) over. In your case, it was the agreement that they didnt have wasnt it ?

BCOBS

In your case, it was the agreement that they didnt have wasnt it ?

Yes.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 months later...

Re-Post 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by rory32 viewpost.gif

. Failure to do so will result in me reporting this matter to The Financial Crime Branch of HM Treasury and any other authorities as I see fit.

:grin: "I just love the money laundering angle - it just worked a £14K charm for me. They will know those Treasury people will be all over them if they think their AML compliance is non existent."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All

Can i ask your advice please, should i use the same template letter that rory32 has written in this thread for my situation:

CCA original creditor and dca , they could not produce one.

Original creditor admit they do not have cca.

SAR original creditor and dca , they could not produce one.

Alleged debt was from 1999.

Its six months know after CCA requests and DCA have entered lots of U's on my credit file going back to 2000 NO DEFAULT THOUGH so original default must have dropped off.

DCA say debt not statute barred as i made a payment and 6 years is not up they say for another 3 months.

Thanks

Nothing ventured, nothing gained scampy. They know they can not enforce the account so you may as well inform them what you are willing to do to them if they don't berger off.

Even if they don't write it off it will help string things out until the account is definitely statute barred.

well what a good idea u have just given me Rory.

Hi

I'm just wondering if the same letter (or rather a slightly amended version of it) could be used when the agreement they have supplied is nothing more than an illegible application with not a prescribed term in sight? They may have something with my OH's signature on it, but it has nothing of interest printed on it and certainly nothing that would hold up as an agreement that would entitle them to collect!

I'm pretty confident they have nothing else, as besides the fact they've sent the same thing 3 times, letters from them have become increasingly ridiculous (I can confirm the agreement would have been legible when it was signed and would have been properly executed etc).

Do you think I could use it to kick them into touch over this and try to get them to burger off once and for all, or is it something that should only be threatened if they simply don't have anything at all, rather than something completely unenforceable?

Thanks for any thoughts:)

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

You would need to amend the letter to incorporate the fact that they do have a copy of the agreement. However their record keeping is obviously not up to scratch and they can not enforce the agreement.

Rory.

Can i send a copy of the letter if the company have sent me a sample agreement and said they would only look for it if the courts order them to.

The catch here is i know they have not got a agreement as i never signed onewith them.