Help again please with 1st credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a post edited, so i am not being critical - at the end of the day, CAG have had a complaint from the company discussed on this thread. They have to act accordingly to prevent any negative action against it. I should imagine that The Consumer Action Group needs to maintain a positive image to continue to gain the respect of those who regulate finances. I am also sure that it is not the intention of CAG to offend others, regardless of any personal views about the conduct of various companies.

We need to carry on supporting BB with this situation by being positive and answering/responding to posts without being too emotive or critical.

We need to stick together.

I hope no-one is offended by this post, it just seems a shame to lose the united front that is usually shown on this site.

Best wishes to you all ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a post edited, so i am not being critical - at the end of the day, CAG have had a complaint from the company discussed on this thread. They have to act accordingly to prevent any negative action against it. I should imagine that The Consumer Action Group needs to maintain a positive image to continue to gain the respect of those who regulate finances. I am also sure that it is not the intention of CAG to offend others, regardless of any personal views about the conduct of various companies.

We need to carry on supporting BB with this situation by being positive and answering/responding to posts without being too emotive or critical.

We need to stick together.

I hope no-one is offended by this post, it just seems a shame to lose the united front that is usually shown on this site.

Best wishes to you all ;)

Thanks Hopeful1 and everyone else who's being so supportive :)

Hi CB :)

After the horrific call from 1st credit on 7th June, I ammended my posts which contained an employee's name. These posts were made in all innocence, and were never meant to cause any distress.

Any further posts refered to a certain person illegally and malicously harassing me via phone, e-mail and a 'strange' incident on another thread :rolleyes:

The name of that person was never revealed on this thread or by me personally.

However, my personal thoughts are that it is our right to bring to the attention of other CAG members the tactics used in order for them to be prepared and informed as to how they might be dealt with.

MIB...Hmmm...

Wonder why they show such great interest here ;)

Hi CB :)

After the horrific call from 1st credit on 7th June, I ammended my posts which contained an employee's name. These posts were made in all innocence, and were never meant to cause any distress.

Any further posts refered to a certain person illegally and malicously harassing me via phone, e-mail and a 'strange' incident on another thread :rolleyes:

The name of that person was never revealed on this thread or by me personally.

However, my personal thoughts are that it is our right to bring to the attention of other CAG members the tactics used in order for them to be prepared and informed as to how they might be dealt with.

MIB...Hmmm...

Wonder why they show such great interest here ;)

Having also experienced first hand the tactics used by 1stCredit, I agree with you BB. I was lucky and found this site in time. The advice I received was wholly responsible for alleviating the issue and I shall always be grateful. It pains me that we should be moderated for expressing our opinions but, I understand the implications of libel and unfounded accusation. However, my deleted post merely poked fun (literaly a tongue!) and I fail to understand how that could have been construed as libellous or accusatory.

Be that as it may, I will continue to watch and read with interest and I sincerely hope that one day all these DCAs are better regulated.

Please read the forum rules:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Pay particular regard to the parts relating to treatment of staff and the actions taken when a complaint has been received.

Nothing relevant to the op's claim has been removed.

Where a post has been edited without indication in the text, it may be that the previous reason given for editing was removed.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Pay particular regard to the parts relating to treatment of staff and the actions taken when a complaint has been received.

Where a post has been edited without indication in the text, it may be that the previous reason given for editing was removed.

Duly noted and done.

Zoot, no disrespect but the organisation we are discussing do cause a significant number of our fellow Caggers great distress :mad: by preying on their lack of knowledge.

If you read the whole of BBs thread this is typical of their organisation and I was not kidding on mine where on my initial call their call centre blockie did state that 'if I didn't pay them £1000 in 7days' there would be dire circumstances.:shock:

We are not dealing here with staff when we refer to the person known as Mr X, this person is in fact a senior figure in the organisation and should know that if you snoop on peoples conversations its unlikely that you'll hear owt nice about yerself:oops:

Again I request details as to where I've offended so that I do not make the same mistake again.:?

Furthermore BB is right do we not have a duty to inform the readership of the behaviors of companies & organisations, otherwise whats the point.:-|

I propose that 1st Credit get theire own thread like Cabot, any seconders? in this way this company can receive the notoriety it deserves and it will make it simpler for them to 'oversee' site content.:D

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Zoot, no disrespect but the organisation we are discussing do cause a significant number of our fellow Caggers great distress :mad: by preying on their lack of knowledge.

If you read the whole of BBs thread this is typical of their organisation and I was not kidding on mine where on my initial call their call centre blockie did state that 'if I didn't pay them £1000 in 7days' there would be dire circumstances.:shock:

We are not dealing here with staff when we refer to the person known as Mr X, this person is in fact a senior figure in the organisation and should know that if you snoop on peoples conversations its unlikely that you'll hear owt nice about yerself:oops:

Again I request details as to where I've offended so that I do not make the same mistake again.:?

Furthermore BB is right do we not have a duty to inform the readership of the behaviors of companies & organisations, otherwise whats the point.:-|

I propose that 1st Credit get theire own thread like Cabot, any seconders? in this way this company can receive the notoriety it deserves and it will make it simpler for them to 'oversee' site content.:D

Hiya conar686,

Thanks you for your continued and valued support *hugs*

I FIRMLY second your proposal for 1st credit to get their own thread!

WELL overdue IMO...

I most certainly support the idea of 1st Credit getting a dedicated thread.

I have also contacted the BCC's Watchddog programme to see if they would do a piece on DCA's and in particular 1st Credit.

Tri

tristar;-) More than just an account number :mad: !!

NATIONWIDE ROUND ONE

Prelim sent 11 APR 2007

LBA sent 20 APR 2007

MCOL Acknowledged 22 May 2007

:lol: Full settlement £5343.20 received 15 June 2007:lol:

:lol:CapQuest; CCA requested 21st May 07, Not Supplied

19th July 2007, Account closed by Capquest no fuirther action.:lol:

Sorry that should read BBC not BCC.;-)

NATIONWIDE ROUND ONE

Prelim sent 11 APR 2007

LBA sent 20 APR 2007

Vamp, am I missing something here?? What's with all the coughing??

NATIONWIDE ROUND ONE

Prelim sent 11 APR 2007

LBA sent 20 APR 2007

Personally, i think she's reacting to tristars avitar... I mean, someone put that fire out!

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Tom,

It represents how much I've wasted paying debts to DCA's who have no legal right to collect, or at least cannot legally prove it:o and in one case could not prove the debt exsisted in the first place, but thanks to this site I can now confidently challenge them.

Still don't get the coughing though????:-D

Tri

NATIONWIDE ROUND ONE

Prelim sent 11 APR 2007

LBA sent 20 APR 2007