Help again please with 1st credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be posting an update shortly ;)

Hi BB,

Hope you're well.

I'm in court with 1st Credit on 13th getting a Stat Demand set aside. Can't wait to go head to head with these muppets.

Trading Standards have confirmed they have not supplied what is required to satisfy a CCA request and that what they are calling an agreement is in fact an application form with NO precribed terms. The figure they bought off MBNA also contains large penalty charges so the figure they are trying to claim is wrong as well.

In a nutshell the set aside is a formality and I will be seeking costs for my time at court.

I'll keep you informed.

Regards.

hi baby bear,

Im new here, joined yesterday. Ive just sat and read your story and I want to say what a total inspiration you are! My partner is the one having problems with the company you have got so up close and personal with. We are totally at a loss as the debt is over 6 years old and is registered to this address, the one we havent been at for more than 4 years:|

Still Im reading all your histories and Im getting more and more knowledge and you are all making me feel very positve about the way forward. Stupid question, I know but are 1st credit and First credit, one and the same? we have had one demand from each of the companies for the same amount.

hang on in there everyone:)

neelix

Hi and welcome neelix :)

I've only ever had correspendence from 1st Credit, nothing ever from First Credit so not sure what you're dealing with unless it's a new tactic from them :rolleyes:

Good luck and best wishes with this bunch of muppets. Let me know how you get on.

ohhhhhh! stop it BB, the tension is toooooo much:eek:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a letter (finally) from OFT re: complaints about this bunch of ***** yesterday asking me to furnish them with the complete correspondence between both parties (going to take me a week and half a rainforrest). They're also asking for complete telephone transcripts/records (which I have :D ) and all other data relating to this matter. They are asking quite clearly for any information "that might cast doubt upon their fitness to hold a consumer credit licence" - quoted directly from letter recieved from OFT.

Has something happened at OFT that we don't know about :confused:

Let's hope this is a good sign from the OFT, and that all DCA's will sit up and pay attention.

Who would of thought when we first posted here in desperation that we could make a difference:D

complain complain complain:p

Keep up the good work Babybear, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Had a letter (finally) from OFT re: complaints about this bunch of ***** yesterday asking me to furnish them with the complete correspondence between both parties (going to take me a week and half a rainforrest). They're also asking for complete telephone transcripts/records (which I have :D ) and all other data relating to this matter. They are asking quite clearly for any information "that might cast doubt upon their fitness to hold a consumer credit licence" - quoted directly from letter recieved from OFT.

I've got the same request from OFT as well.

By the way BB, my set aside for the Stat Demand issued by 1st Credit was granted by the Judge, he said the so called agreement was illegible, did not contain Prescribed terms etc.

All the best for the coming season.

Blades. :D

Had a letter (finally) from OFT re: complaints about this bunch of ***** yesterday asking me to furnish them with the complete correspondence between both parties (going to take me a week and half a rainforrest). They're also asking for complete telephone transcripts/records (which I have :D ) and all other data relating to this matter.

Give 'em everything you've got BB. Transcripts of 'phone calls should do it:o

They are asking quite clearly for any information "that might cast doubt upon their fitness to hold a consumer credit licence" - quoted directly from letter recieved from OFT.

I suspect that the OFT have had sufficient complaints against this lot to finally investigate their fitness to hold a CC licence otherwise they wouldn't be requesting all data from you - ooo, this is getting very interesting. Go get 'em tiger:D

Bo:)

PS - Happy Christmas x

Great result Blades. Have a very merry xmas :)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

This was on the Credit Today website, 11th December:

OFT to scrutinise ‘high risk’ collectors - 11/12/2007

Third party debt collectors and fee charging debt management companies will be more heavily scrutinised when applying for credit licenses it has emerged.

Speaking at the Finance and Leasing Association’s (FLA) Consumer Credit Convention, Ray Hall from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), said these firms have been placed in high risk categories due to their business activities in relation to fair treatment and would therefore need to display their ‘credit competence’ before being granted a license.

"From April 2008 applicants from this high risk group will be more scrutinised and supervised over compliance," said the director of consumer credit and consumer protection enforcement at the OFT.

"As the OFT moves from passive gatekeeper licensing towards risk-based supervision, these applicants will be required to produce a credit competence plan, which is a summary document explaining how they conform to guidance."

Credit competence will be based on the four areas of: skills, knowledge, practice and procedure and is designed to ensure whether a business is fit to hold a license. This gives the regulatory body more power over issuing licenses compared to before where it could only grant or revoke licences based on adverse evidence.

The OFT is currently in the process of launching an online system for license application which is expected to go live in the New Year.

• Haha 1

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I've had one of those letters 2 BB looks like 1st Credit R under investigation could it be the sheer volume of complaints received against tis company has made the decision for them.

As an aside in my bun fight with Surrey TS (1st Credits home team) I asked under the FoI act for a complete run down of complaints received from consumers & handed off by other TS offices - strangely they refused quoting s44 FOI and the Enterprise act as there reason to do so. Still chasing that one down.

merry xmas & a suitably confused new year to BB & all her readers

MAC

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

with these dca going for charging orders /stat/demands all the time, how can they allways take the easy way out

i was in court last week ref allocation hearing and had to wait about an hour. solicitors were in and out all the time and very quick

found out they were all charging order applications to be rubber stamped

• 1 month later...