Help again please with 1st credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st credit should be up the top there with Cahoot, back in May I suggested this, nothing changes with them *cough*.;)

Would it not be easier for the mods if it was all in one place? to keep it all legal for any cases ongoing?

but can we please have a moan as well, we are only human:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opps!! sorry don't know who I mean, thought Cabot was what happened when my post got edited:confused:

will get it right next time:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

*bump* Yo Mods we're over here ;-)

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Could users please refrain from making personal attacks on members of staff or alleging illegal conduct by companies. Please stick to reporting the factual matters which have occured in relation to the claim. :)

Any continued breaches of forum rules may result in users being placed on moderation.

I, like many others have been following this thread with interest. I agree that some focused action must be taken against this company. I strongly disagree with their practices, ethics and ability/willingness to always act within the law (although this is merely my opinion, albeit a common one).

The fact that 1st credit did not have the confidence (ability?) to conduct their business without feeling the need to refer to a consumer help forum is laughable in its own right.

My dealings with this company have been nothing short of comical to date. At first, I was relieved to see MANY others having had similar experiences whilst dealing with them. On reflection, I think that I was being selfish as I would not wish such a situation on my worst enemy.

Keep up the good work people...lets not let them get away with it.

p.s. I could do with a little advice myself yet am scared that posting on here will help them.

p.s. I could do with a little advice myself yet am scared that posting on here will help them.

I don't see how it would help them as we always advocate that you use the various statute available to protect yourself. They can not disregard statute.

Please start your own thread and we will help you (just remember the forum rules).

Post a link to your own thread on this one if you want. No one will mind.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Could users please refrain from making personal attacks on members of staff or alleging illegal conduct by companies. Please stick to reporting the factual matters which have occured in relation to the claim. :)

Any continued breaches of forum rules may result in users being placed on moderation.

With respect Zoot, we get it, no more name calling nor personal criticisms.

How about answering some of the questions you've been asked, without detail how can we be sure anything we say might not be misconstrued and thus 'edited' or 'moderated'.

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

What claim :confused:

I'm waiting for a CCA request to be complied with.

In summary:

CCA'd 1st credit 17th May

Acknowledgement re: CCA request recieved from first credit dated 21st May

Sent telephone harassment letter 29th May

Recieved reply dated 31st May from 1st credit apologising for further calls and that my number had been removed from their database.

1st credit passed theier 12 + 2 on 7th June

Nasty phone call from 1st credit on 7th June demanding that I remove the complaints officer's name from my thread which I had ommitted to remove in innocent error.

Strictly complied with request

Between 1st and 27th June various emails between myself and 1st credit's complaints dept.

Summary criminal offence comitted on 6th July re: non-compliance with CCA request

Reported to TS and FOS

Still no CCA

Hope this clarifies things :)

Ooh :D

Look what I found when I visited Credit Services Association website ;)

CSA Website

Priceless BB, I'm putting the contact details in my addr book for l8r use it'll save me stamps.

I've been following this with some interest, as l too have had dealings with 1st Credit.

There are enough posts on here for us to formulate a collective complaint against 1st Credit -

I would be happy to co-ordinate this if others care to contact me.

Valdez

Complain to whom though dear fellow :confused: and what for, unfortunately until they fail to deliver what is required of them they are bomb proof :mad: . I'm sure that their Local TS are well aware of their practices based on volume & 'no smoke without fire' concept.

I do recommend everyone add a complaint to the FOS once they default as once FOS begin to investigate 1st Credit have to pay a minimum of £400 whether the case goes for or against them:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Such a shame 1st credit didn't treat me in the manner that the Credit Services Association, of which they're a member, lays out in this article another CAG member guided me to :rolleyes:

The link is:

CSA Website

And the article is:

'COLLECTIONS INDUSTRY MOVES TO SUPPORT DEBTORS WITH MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS'

Wonder what the CSA would make of thier collection methods :eek:

Hi there BB. Sat up till 5 this am reading through your thread with great interest. Has given me great insight into what is to come for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: .Citifinancial, ( i think ) sold my alleged debt to 1st credit who then passed it to connought who put a stat demand on me. After finding this great website i found the strength to start fighting back. I CCA'd connought who closed the case and sent it back to 1st who i'm now sitting and waiting to hear from ( God forbid !!!:( )

I cant beleive the amount of people who these parasites prey upon. I've been living in hell since the begining of this year with complete harrassment from both citi and 1st and hav'nt been able to speak to anyone about it. Just wanted to thankyou for sharing in your experience and showing people like me not to be intimidated, scared and bullied into a complete brake down and start standing up for myself. Will be watching closely. xxx :)

Hiya and welcome to CAG DOBBYDOG :)

I won't pretend it's been easy, because it hasn't. My whole experience with 1st credit has been like a living nightmare (and it's not over yet). This bunch have been the worst by far it has been my mis-fotune to have to deal with.

Luckily though, we have a great Trading Standards here, and when it became clear these lot were going to break every rule and then some, I had no hesitation in reporting them after they committed a summary criminal offence for non-compliance of my CCA request. TS are handling everything, even correspondance and telephone calls, and I've not had to put up with anymore nasties from 1st credit.

CAG is a true community where we come, often in desparation, get help, aquire knowledge and then pass it on (wish I'd found it much sooner).

I count myself very fortunate to have spoken to a wonderfully, kind helpful guy at national debtline when I was totally at a loss as to what to do, and he kindly suggested I visit this site in May (if you're about, thanks ;)).

The links for national debtline and CCCS are below, they've got freephone numbers and I've found both organisations invaluable:

National Debtline England & Wales | Contact National Debtline

CCCS - Contact Us

Here's some more useful links:

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

Financial Ombudsman Service

Promoting business and consumer relations in the credit industry – Consumer Credit Association – United Kingdom

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Start your own thread and I'll look out for it :)

Good luck and best wishes,

BB

• Haha 3

Hiya and welcome to CAG DOBBYDOG :)

I won't pretend it's been easy, because it hasn't. My whole experience with 1st credit has been like a living nightmare (and it's not over yet). This bunch have been the worst by far it has been my mis-fotune to have to deal with.

Luckily though, we have a great Trading Standards here, and when it became clear these lot were going to break every rule and then some, I had no hesitation in reporting them after they committed a summary criminal offence for non-compliance of my CCA request. TS are handling everything, even correspondance and telephone calls, and I've not had to put up with anymore nasties from 1st credit.

CAG is a true community where we come, often in desparation, get help, aquire knowledge and then pass it on (wish I'd found it much sooner).

I count myself very fortunate to have spoken to a wonderfully, kind helpful guy at national debtline when I was totally at a loss as to what to do, and he kindly suggested I visit this site in May (if you're about, thanks ;)).

The links for national debtline and CCCS are below, they've got freephone numbers and I've found both organisations invaluable:

National Debtline England & Wales | Contact National Debtline

CCCS - Contact Us

Here's some more useful links:

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

Financial Ombudsman Service

Promoting business and consumer relations in the credit industry – Consumer Credit Association – United Kingdom

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Start your own thread and I'll look out for it :)

Good luck and best wishes,

BB

WOW !!! all this info is just great ! should keep me a little busy over the weekend. Thanks for that. I have started 2 of my own threads about a week ago and getting some great response on one of them (feel free to browse ) not so good response on the other but it's not my priority at the min so not to worry. Think i'll be posting a third due to a nice red letter that has just dropped on the mat :shock: (god i cant stand anymore !!!! :evil: ) Thanks so much for all your advice ! xxx