Abbey Defending Claim- Can't Find Terms & Conditions-help

glad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well no surprises that Abbey are defending my claim of over £4500-no signature on the letter just signed Abbey solicitors-they did respond quickly to the court-just 2 days from when they got court letter.What I have a problem with is that this account was opened in Dec 1997 and I don't have any terms and conditions for it or know where to get them.If any one can help or give me some advice I would really appreciate it.I know that Abbey will more than likely quote the Lloyds case when they next contact me so I'm getting quite worried now that I'm out of my depth especially with all the legal paperwork.

many thanks

Glad:-?

hi to everyone . my account was opened july 98 and i have the same problem.The most recent i have is 2004 which clearly states they are charges for breach of contract. If clarion(?) could scan those older ones it would be much appreciated.good luck to you all.:)

Current conditoons for current accounts are here:

Abbey - Abbey account - Legal details

You will note that they expressly say that going overdrawn without agreement or over your o/d limit is a breach of the terms of the agreement.

If you need t&Cs for other abbey current accounts go to the Product Directory here:

http://www.abbeynational.co.uk/csgs/Satellite?c=GSAgrupAsset&cid=1113914743322&pagename=Abbey/GSAgrupAsset/GS_DirectorioProductosServiciosCategoria#Current%20Accounts

and then click on the type of account, then "Legal details" in the right margin for the T&Cs.

Hi glad, Did Abbey respond 2 days after you filed a claim or was it two days after the fourteen days they have to respond assuming they did respond? I find it all so confusing, prior to this did you have any correspondence from Abbey? I have had none, Abbey have until the 30th may to respond to my claim through the courts.

Hi Trix

They received my court paperwork on 30/4 and replied on 2/5.I have had plenty of contact with them -look at my post- Glad vs Abbey-gogw -help and it will show you what they have done so far.

Hope that helps

Glad

I am really concerned now, as I have heard nothing. Does this seem strange and out of the ordinary for abbey not have been in touch with me at all ? can anyone advise please?

hi trix - i filed my claim with abbey in March - apart from replies to my letters requesting list of charges etc. they have never made contact with me since my claim was filed (except to forward a copy of their defence but no letter).

I wrote to them last week in the hope it might bring an earlier settlement but there has been no reply to that either. I'm thinking about sending a nudge - but may sit tight and wait.

Details of my process with them are in my thread - clarion48 vs Abbey.

All the best

Hi Glad (sorry 2 jump into yr thread), but on the subject of T + C's what do i do if i havent got the foggiest when my account was opened???

Is it THAT important or can i relax and just wait and c???

regards

Bonnie:???:

Hi

I phoned the Abbey and asked and surprisingly they were quite helpful and told me when I opened it because like you I hadn't got a clue.

Try and give them a call.

Glad

Hi Glad, thank u 4 yr reply and thanx 4 letting me jump into yr thread!! 1 question tho: would they b so helpful even tho i closed my account 3 yrs ago?????? me thinks not, but i can only try!

Once again thanx!

Bonnie ;)

• 3 weeks later...

A quick question ;

although Abbey sent me a copy of their defence they were going to file at court one has never been received by them.Am I able to file for judgement that a defence has not been entered .The date they had to enter it by was 1st June.

Thanks

A quick question ;

although Abbey sent me a copy of their defence they were going to file at court one has never been received by them.Am I able to file for judgement that a defence has not been entered .The date they had to enter it by was 1st June.

Thanks

I would personally ring the court and ask them. They should be able to advise you!! Abbey filed their defence late with my claim, but it was still accepted by the court. My defence was however on 2 days late. Not 15 or so like yours!!!