Petrol costs RISING and RISNG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

400% in 10 years is pretty steep in any circumstances, but remember that on top of this in the last 10 years we've had some of the lowest inflation we've ever known!

It turns out that the price of petrol in real terms (before duty, VAT and VAT-on-duty, adjusted for inflation), has actually gown down 30% in the last 20 years, while the actual price at the pump has increased above inflation (though only slightly).

Bloody new capitalists. I mean labour

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 5 months later...

There is a definate link between Petrol Prices and Oil prices, completely predicatable. If Oil stays above $85 petrol will go above £1. I'd love ot show you the graph that proves it, but CAGBot wont let me!

The question you need to ask is what factors cause the price rise in crude in the commodity markets. That is the key question.

Personally, I do not have an awful lot of faith in the Home Improvement and Decoration Project Prices including Conservatory Costs graph (no disrespect implied to you ajwt2).

Political factors, economic factors, supply and demand and derivative trading (i.e., financial market gambling strategies) are amongst the things that influence the price of crude.

In other words outside infleunces can be and are brought to bear.

Shoestring

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

Hi Shoestring. I'm not sure I get what you mean? The graph shows that Petrol Prices tend to track the price of Crude Oil, not the other way around. I agree, an awful lot of factors contribute to the price of oil such as supply, demand, geopoliotical unrest, hedge funds etc. What I was saying was that Petrol is subject to very similar pressures, as shown by the correlation between the two products.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the price of oil affect the huge profits companys like BP and Esso make.............i think not. As usual the people of this country pay up without a whimper of protest. No wonder this countrys got the name Rip off britain.......we deserve all we get.

Red

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

Guest Gertie100

I would be interested if someone could tell me exactly how petrol stations put the price up?

Around here BP is the most expensive, currently running at 1.07p for diesel and 1.03 for unleaded. However at one particular station I have driven past at 8am and seen one price, then again at 5pm and its a different price...how do they physically apply the pricing?

People need to boycott both Shell and BP petrol stations and use an alternative source for there petrol then the price would soon come down ;)

Red

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

If Facebook are doing something about the price rises then surely we should organise something on here to hit there profits.

Red

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -