Bryan Carter- Ceased as a Company???!!! *Took a while but WON in the end

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that Mr Carter is staying out of the limelight just lately, he dropped to cases against me,anyone else????

Do you mean two cases ? Details please !! :D

Just hate every DCA out there

It appears that Mr Carter is staying out of the limelight just lately, he dropped to cases against me,anyone else????
It would appear that his cynical little ploy to become Cretins Carter has failed miserably

:D Our Sole:D

Hi,

Have been enthralled by this thread...better than John le Carre!! I too have letters from Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors, dated after they supposedly ceased trading. I am not too sure of my ground here, but I think that when one ceases to trade, or relinquishes a trading name, there is some protocol at Companies House that prevents one from using a similar name for a similar type of business. Perhaps someone smarter than me could dig around?:idea:

BC issued proceedings against me in(guess where), and got a judgement against me. I sent off my cheque to clear the debt (under protest), but they have failed so far to present the cheque. This is more than three weeks ago, so I will find myself time expired and with a CCJ lodged against me. I have written to the court and pointed out that this firm ceased to trade on 28th February 2007 and they have failed to present my cheque, and I feel that both the court and I have been misled. The cheque was made payable to BC & Co, as instructed.

Keep up the good work!:)

Hi,

Have been enthralled by this thread...better than John le Carre!! I too have letters from Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors, dated after they supposedly ceased trading. I am not too sure of my ground here, but I think that when one ceases to trade, or relinquishes a trading name, there is some protocol at Companies House that prevents one from using a similar name for a similar type of business. Perhaps someone smarter than me could dig around?:idea:

BC issued proceedings against me in(guess where), and got a judgement against me. I sent off my cheque to clear the debt (under protest), but they have failed so far to present the cheque. This is more than three weeks ago, so I will find myself time expired and with a CCJ lodged against me. I have written to the court and pointed out that this firm ceased to trade on 28th February 2007 and they have failed to present my cheque, and I feel that both the court and I have been misled. The cheque was made payable to BC & Co, as instructed.

Keep up the good work!:)

Hi Scentinel. Comapnies house have no input on this one as BC was never a Ltd company. It took us a couple of days adfter much digging to uncover the fact that he operated as a sole trader

Bryan Carter & Co is the trade name of Crellins Carter.

below is an extract from the gov web site concerning trade names..

a trading name has no legal status of its own and is simply a ’brand name’ for the underlying legal entity, individual or company, carrying on the business. For tax purposes, no matter how many trading names the business uses, it has only one unique reference for income or corporation tax purposes.

MMM perhaps that's why scentinel your cheque ain't been cashed, obviously he would have changed the payments account to crellins carter account..wouldn't he ????;)

Hi Scentinel. Comapnies house have no input on this one as BC was never a Ltd company. It took us a couple of days adfter much digging to uncover the fact that he operated as a sole trader

Our sole trader more like

• Haha 1

OK... so Ive requested both CCA and SAR after I received a court date. He has not comply (YET! with either). Has anyone actually gone to court and defended against BC.

Im curious to know how he can get out of this one....I guess the only cowardly way possible would be not to bother turning up to court.... if he can not comply with CCA and SAR. The day Im due in court will be the day he has commited a criminal offence for not complying with the CCA request.

This sounds to me as if he is running some kind of [problem]. never actually producing a true compy of CCA. Surely when a creditor passes on a debt to a debt collector it is common practice to request the CCA before taking on the debt. Otherwise Joe Bloggs could say you owe a debt. Sound to me like he is Joe Bloggs looking for a quick Buck. Hence the 30day Criminal Offence. I urge people to take a different approach on this person with Trading Standards in his town. Not to identify him as Ceased Trading, but to highlight that he has not produced true copies of CCA, expecially if he has dropped the cases before the 12 days + 30days period. TS should be able to take BC Crettins for a criminal act.

Just come across this forum today and it makes some VERY interesting reading:

I received my first letter from Bryan Carter dated:

11 July 2007

another dated 25 July 2007

and the latest one dated 14 August 2007.

11 July 2007

The debt on the above account (Co-operative bank) remains unpaid and the matter has now been passed to us for the purpose of collection

(note debt was previously with Fredrickson Intl, who wrote to me 18 months ago and told me no further action would be taken)

please ensure that all future communications are with this office...

[snip]

...please contact us immediately on 0870 112 5138

so I'm kind of confused...

Is this company still trading or not?

Are these letters legitimate?

How should I respond?

thanks

Iain

Dear Bryan aka Crettin Carter

You have not produced a CCA so your threats are like your head - empty

I fail to recognise any so called debt to you or those whom you purport to represent.

yours etc

I enjoy this thread even though I have had no dealings with the gentleman concerned.

If I had, I would have no hesitation in outlining my complaint to Tony Hetherington at "Financial Mail" (part of "The Mail on Sunday").

He takes a fiendish delight in running certain types to earth, namely crooked share dealers, dishonest property and time share sellers and.....the solicitors they use.

Vandermerwe

P.S. His details are elsewhere on this site - any difficulty and I'll post them.

Never had any dealings, but curiousity led to the site which seems to indicate nothing more than a straightforward merger of two practices.

...:::Crellins Solicitors:::...

A bit disappointing really.

The fact there is no photo of Mr Carter leads one to wonder whether he even exists....in which case it would surely be better to complain to Mr Crellins??????? Just a thought..........

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Got a letter from this company today with all sorts of threats. Don't even know what it is for........ ??? threatening Courts etc.. FINAL LETTER Etc :o

What should I do ??

Send them a CCA letter (template N) by recorded delivery. Mark your envelope Payment Enclsed as this will make the greedy Beggars sign for it

Never had any dealings, but curiousity led to the site which seems to indicate nothing more than a straightforward merger of two practices.

...:::Crellins Solicitors:::...

A bit disappointing really.

The fact there is no photo of Mr Carter leads one to wonder whether he even exists....in which case it would surely be better to complain to Mr Crellins??????? Just a thought..........

Thats my point. Not worth going for the ceased trading .... better to complain to TS about him not comply with the CCA or SAR. Likely to bring Crellins down if he's legitimately merged and they get enough complaints to warrant them going for them. Imagine how many have just let it drop at the point of him saying...."no further action will be taken". Or he's not responded. Or better still he's taken payment and not complied.

As Senior Partner, the buck stops with Mr Crellin. These alleged actions are happening in his name through his management of the firm, so it's fair to assume he is aware of what is going on.....and at least we know he does actually exist and is still in the business.

Bryan Carter, if there ever was, is probably out playing golf somewhere enjoying his retirement, and supplementing his pension as a sleeping partner of the firm.

Will the real Bryan Carter please stand up......;)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)