• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done to you Ronvin:D

You are doing very well. It is your money back in your pocket ( I nearly said back in your bank):eek:

If you have an original thread I can post up a **WON** if you wish ? let me know;)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my cheques today after a long, dragged out, 2 months of waiting (i'm defo not a patient person).

Only £300 back from my RBS CC i had YRS ago. But its money i never knew i'd get back. It took a few good letters for them to pay up however they have, to my utter delight.

For anyone whos dealing with rbs at the mo keep at them, they knocked me back first couple of times and i got there in the end.

If i'd of known it would of taken this long i would of gone for contractual interest and statutory interest on top. However i needed spending money for my holiday, (i got back a month ago) so i agreed to their settlement.

Good luck to all

Hi there & well done you!

So when they 'knock you' a couple of times what do you then do. I have been turned down by Lloyds on a ppi claim and before I consider the FOS I wondered if there is another template type letter out there that can be sent? or what tactics did you use ... they obviously work, please share them with us ... thanks!

A big thank you to alanalana and postggj for there help. I Now have my letter to say that all extras cancelled and saved £2006.64. Get in early and cancel that ppi.

Well done :D

do you want a **WON** added to your thread title? is yes just post up a link to your thread :)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi all

Could someone tell me when you have sent a complaint in about miss-selling of PPI is there a time limit on them to reply, i sent mine in on the 2nd May and received a letter back from them after a week , stating they were investigating the complaint, and then received 2nd letter on 2nd June stating their enquiries were not complete, and they would write within 4 weeks.

Still havent received anything.

Any advice on the time scales that they have to reply would be great.

Thanks in advance.

GG

The post has just been and HSBC have Made an offer that is acceptable, but there is a catch, they want me to agree to them restructuring the loan IE. new agreement is that normal or is that a little bogus?

GG

I helped my friend get a refund of loan PPI from HSBC and this appears to be standard practice if the loan is still running. You go in to the branch and sign a new loan form excluding PPI with the same interest and terms and conditions. No credit checks, merely a formality. Your remaining number of payments will remain the same but will be lower in value because the PPI has been removed. She then received the payments and interest she had already paid back into her bank account in 3 working days.

Not sure what happens if there are loan arrears, assume they would take that off the balance they refund to you.

Hope this helps.

Won a case against the HSBC for mis-sold loan protection, took only 1 letter and a full 8 week wait, but they coughed up in full (plus interest) to the sum of £2443.29! :D

Am now using that cash to pay off the remainder of the loan and free myself up and extra £254 a month from my wages!! Happy days!! :D :D

Great news. I won re HSBC too and it cleared the loan and gave me £376 a month extra. Lovely feeling!

Yeah I can imagine! Only got my offer through yesterday so it hasn’t all cleared yet – So haven’t yet had the pleasure of looking at my online banking to see a cleared loan and a bank account with money in it! Can’t wait!! :D :D :D

Ah that’s not too bad then! I’ve still gotta go into my branch to restructure the remainder of the loan before payment goes ahead – which is a pointless exercise as I’m paying it off with the cash anyways! Have told them that but they’re still adamant that the remainder of the loan be restructured for the whole of 5 minutes! :rolleyes:

Won a case against the HSBC for mis-sold loan protection, took only 1 letter and a full 8 week wait, but they coughed up in full (plus interest) to the sum of £2443.29! :D

Am now using that cash to pay off the remainder of the loan and free myself up and extra £254 a month from my wages!! Happy days!! :D :D

Well done. Are you talking about the 8% statutory interest and if so did they just add that or did you have to ask for it?

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Well done. Are you talking about the 8% statutory interest and if so did they just add that or did you have to ask for it?

Yeah it is the 8% statutory interest. In my original letter demanding my insurance premiums back, i also stated that I expected the 8% statutory interest on top of my premiums and they just added it on top without any arguments. Was a really easy claim, just lenghthy as they took the entire 8 weeks, to the day!!

Its taken 2 years in total, from their initial "denial" through to them igoring the FOS advisor and it finally being put through to an Ombudsman to give a final decision in my favour (and they have to pay me £300 for compensation on top of my refund for all the messing about they have done)

But the Saga with Egg continues, I've just called them to say where is my refund and they tell me that their "calculator is broken" lol and they have no idea when it will be fixed (i thought they could pick one up from Argos for about £3.00)

Egg is a joke, please, please, please never deal with this company and if you have a claim going through, never give up trying to get your money

As it stands, when i eventually get my money back I will get £4,500 (lets hope they fix their calculator soon)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late in posting this but had a success on behalf of a friend against Liverpool Victoria for missold PPI - she got £1800 back on the last day of the 8 week deadline! :D

Even though they were fined and promised to do these things automatically - they ain't! Details and letter used on this thread, hope its of use to someone :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/190423-liverpool-victoria-reply-advice.html

Big thanks to Alanalana - Happy fighting!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi All

I took out an FP loan for £56,000 of which £8,000 was PPI. After writing to FP outlining reasons for mis-selling they eventually offered me £2,693 compensation. I declined the "fob off" money and lodged paperwork with the Financial Ombudsman. That was in march 09. When I spoke to the caseworker he said that they had contacted FP to obtain details but they had received no response to thrit requests. In view of this my case was passed to the adjudicator for a decision.

I heard today that the adjudicator has confirmed that PPI should be repaid (claim also includes interest and 8% stat interest). FP have now got a month to respond/appeal to the ombudsman.

I'm still holding my breath as FP failed to repsond to the FOS previously but I would imagine that a letter to them informing them to repay will actually get some kind of response.

it has taken a while for me to arrive at this decision and I am still not convinced that FP will pay up - particularly all that should be refunded taking into account the early settlement but thought it might give everyone some idea of the timescale for my case to take this route.

Optimistic but not overly confident. Good luck to everyone else seeking resolution and never give in against this lot.

JC:smile:

Hi All

I took out an FP loan for £56,000 of which £8,000 was PPI. After writing to FP outlining reasons for mis-selling they eventually offered me £2,693 compensation. I declined the "fob off" money and lodged paperwork with the Financial Ombudsman. That was in march 09. When I spoke to the caseworker he said that they had contacted FP to obtain details but they had received no response to thrit requests. In view of this my case was passed to the adjudicator for a decision.

I heard today that the adjudicator has confirmed that PPI should be repaid (claim also includes interest and 8% stat interest). FP have now got a month to respond/appeal to the ombudsman.

I'm still holding my breath as FP failed to repsond to the FOS previously but I would imagine that a letter to them informing them to repay will actually get some kind of response.

it has taken a while for me to arrive at this decision and I am still not convinced that FP will pay up - particularly all that should be refunded taking into account the early settlement but thought it might give everyone some idea of the timescale for my case to take this route.

Optimistic but not overly confident. Good luck to everyone else seeking resolution and never give in against this lot.

JC:smile:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your story on here. Please do let us know what the outcome is. I'm about to go to the FOS with my loan ppi after being turned down by Lloyds for a second time. Did you use a template with the FOS. Can you perhaps link me in there. Thank you