PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not going to get too excited just yet but claim has been upheld by an FOS adjudicator who has written to Amex informing them that in their opinion the ppi was mis-sold and the way that they should recompense me.

But, I understand that if they decide not to go along with the adjudicators decision they can get an ombudsman to look at it.

So far this one has been fairly quick, I have a couple of others with the FOS (all sent the same time in June) and have not heard a dickybird about the others other than they are waiting to be dealt with)

Tink

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching with interest Tink :)

Let's hope it is a cracking result keep on posting.

When you get a refund let me know and I will put a nice big WON on the thread title :D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi all we have just received an offer from Bank of Scotland in relation to PPI sold back in 1996 they have offerd to "pay us an amount that would put you back in the position you would have been in had you not taken the insurance " can anyone assist with what this would entitle us too .

One letter by the way expected a long fight.

Hi all we have just received an offer from Bank of Scotland in relation to PPI sold back in 1996 they have offerd to "pay us an amount that would put you back in the position you would have been in had you not taken the insurance " can anyone assist with what this would entitle us too .

One letter by the way expected a long fight.

I amnot able to work out the refund. If you are unhappy with the offer the you always have recourse to the Finanicial Ombudsman Service to take your claim to higher level.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Crampers

this is the same letter i recieved from them, then withen a week i recieved a nice cheque plus interest, then two weeks later recieved another cheque with the interest that had accumilated over the six years.

Wait and see what happens if you are not happy then go through the FOS as suggested

Pecky1

Another one for aa

LV offered to uphold claim without me having to go to the FOS. Offer is just under £8k.

alanalana v Liverpool Victoria **WON**

keep up the fight and go to the FOS even if the banks state you have no claim.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Even better news that you didnt have to to get stuck in the FOS logjam. Well done, aa :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well done, you deserve every penny. woohoooo.....:-D:-D:-D:-D:):-D:-D:-D:-D

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Won against Egg in regards to a loan taken out in 2004. Had to go to the FOS. Single premium and pre ticked box were the main reson for the Ombudsman's decision. Also awarded £200 compensation for the way Egg handled the complaint and not upholding it straight away.

Thanks to aa and MC for all the support along the way.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

In addition to earlier post, FOS have informed me that Amex have agreed to settle this complaint but awaiting clarification of settlement to FOS's terms. So good news.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Won against Egg in regards to a loan taken out in 2004. Had to go to the FOS. Single premium and pre ticked box were the main reson for the Ombudsman's decision. Also awarded £200 compensation for the way Egg handled the complaint and not upholding it straight away.

Thanks to aa and MC for all the support along the way.

Well done :D

You are very welcome enjoy the moment ;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

just had letter off mbna,

offering me £2782 ppi payments,

associated interest £489,

interest at 8% £454

distress and inconvenience £100

grand total of £3825

i had to go to fos so its been about 1 year since i started the claim,so if anyone wants to know what letters i sent just give me a shout and i,ll post them up,then at least you will be able to counter any rejection letters you get off mbna.

LDG vs Natwest.

Second claim "WON"!!!!!!!

All thanks to my Good friends on CAG

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/212483-natwest-ppi-claim-started.html

Edited by livingdeadguy
Link needed

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

Skippy -v- Lloyds TSB (Credit Card PPI) WON !! :)

Just got a letter over the weekend from Lloyds TSB Insurance in south Wales basically capitulating on my claim for repayment of PPI on my credit card (2003 - 2006).

Simple facts are :-

• on production of a copy of my Consumer Credit Act agreement which clearly showed that I ticked the box saying "Hey, I don't want any PPI"
  • ... they replied .... "At Lloyds TSB we always strive to offer the highest level of service when dealing with our customers. However, during the course of our investigations into the concerns you raised, we have discovered that the sale of this particular insurance appears not to have met the high standards we would normally expect". What a laugh.

They offered me the repayment of premiums, incurred interest and 8% on top. Suffice to say, they got their calculations wrong and I had to write back pointing this out.

They have now offered me £6,128.59. I still believe it's a few hundred quid short of what they owe me, but I've accepted it as I am sick of dealing with this and life is too short.

I will be making a donation to CAG with the proceeds.

My words of advice, especially if dealing with those chumps at Lloyds :- Keep in there, stick at it, they will cough up in the end.

Skip

Well done skippy - nice results - enjoy it!

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Cracking result skippy.

if you can link your thread to me I will add the ususal **WON** to the title.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Well done :D

keep up with the good work.

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from