• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won PPI claim against Mint £660:)

Wow way to go pinknico, excellent news and well done:D

Just in time for xmas too:D

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

**Hello Pinknico**

:DWELL DONE:D

How cool is that? (then forgive the Pun) Mint/Cool:eek:

Have a great Christmas;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I also got me PPI back... with interest of 8% but have a question someone may answer?

The loan was restructured removing my PPI from the loan... but noticed something odd....

Would I be entititled to rebate of interest for early settlement in accordance with section 94 and 95 of the CCA Act 1974

.—(1) The debtor under a regulated consumer credit agreement is entitled at any

time, by notice to the creditor and the payment to the creditor of all amounts payable

by the debtor to him under the agreement (less any rebate allowable under section 95),

to discharge the debtor's indebtedness under the agreement.

(2) A notice under subsection (1) may embody the exercise by the debtor of any

option to purchase goods conferred on him by the agreement, and deal with any other

matter arising on, or in relation to, the termination of the agreement.

.—(1) Regulations may provide for the allowance of a rebate of charges for credit

to the debtor under a regulated consumer credit agreement where, under section 94, on

refinancing, on breach of the agreement, or for any other reason, his indebtedness is

discharged or becomes payable before the time fixed by the agreement, or any sum

becomes payable by him before the time so fixed.

(2) Regulations under subsection (1) may provide for calculation of the rebate by

reference to any sums paid or payable by the debtor or his relative under or in

connection with the agreement (whether to the creditor or some other person),

including sums under linked transactions and other items in the total charge for credit.

The above question may have been answered elsewhere but could not find the answer?

Edited by MarkieMark

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

time at last to post a success but not yet a 100% one.:eek:

7 Claims for mis-sold PPI 4 via Direct Line Financial Services (Now RBS) and 3 with RBS. FOS adjudicator agreed with all refund over £10k long haul but 12 months on CAG with the fighting spirit and co-operation of other members with all of the humour involved was worth the wait.

This is the very very long thread that got me to nearly a total victory.

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

Please read the last post 327 to see my views and anything new from the ICO will of course be posted later.

Keep up with the fight.;)

You will get there in the end.:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Lloyds TSB actually rolled over very easily on this one. One letter and I received a full refund of £2018. :)

Hi there, very new to this site so please bear with me. I have a Lloydstsb loan which I took out in July 05, sold as a "fully protected loan" even though I pointed out that I had very generous benefits through my employer together with copious amounts of personal insurances. Despite all this, I was recommended to take out their PPI. Only from recent media coverage can I see what a rip off this is.

I have been with lloyds for many years and have many accounts with them, current, saving, isa, credit cards and this loan. Can you let me know their generous consensus is re ppi when customers complain to them. I don't really want to have to change all of my accounts with them, but then again don't want to drop the PPI claim as I genuinely think it was unfair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C

Hello C,

I believe you are in the wrong area. You will get advice more readily if you post in the main forum and use the start new thread button give it a name but not your own full name and then post all the details on the help you require. You are currently in the successes forum within the PPI stickies.

Hope this helps you get your own thread to seek more help and advice;)

aa

Edited by alanalana
word change

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi all

Made my claim to A&L for refund of PPI on a loan and hey presto 2 weeks later total capitulation and a cheque for £1790.40 is winging its way home .Take heart people my e-mail to them outlining the findings of the FSA and the fine of £7 million sems to have done the trick .:D

b

Hi all

Made my claim to A&L for refund of PPI on a loan and hey presto 2 weeks later total capitulation and a cheque for £1790.40 is winging its way home .Take heart people my e-mail to them outlining the findings of the FSA and the fine of £7 million sems to have done the trick .:D

b

Hello Baiser,

Well done to you:D can you please pm me the email address that you used, as I have a claim coming on with this company.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

alliance and leicester sent 1 letter stating theyd been fined for misselling 2 weeks later offeer for £2300 refund.just done the same for my daughter with the same result £1300 refund.a+l must be the easiest to get to roll over lol teach them to get greed with my bank account charges.

It is a breach of the consumer credit act 1974 to add interest on PPI and any acceptance fees, document fees if you have been a victim of this then the chances are you can have the whole loan written, then just claiming your PPI BACK......

I used this as part of my PPI claim against Barclaycard (ex-Morgan Stanley)

I claimed the PPI premiums, plus interest on the PPI premiums at the cash rate- 26.8%, plus Court Court interest at 26.8%

They credited the entire amount I claimed to my account which wiped out the entire "debt", before the return date.

All this despite the preimums being debited in 2000-2002 and thus over the six years stated by the Limitation Act, which did mention in my PoCs.

Make of this what you will.

Hello Baiser,

Well done to you:D can you please pm me the email address that you used, as I have a claim coming on with this company.

no special e-mail addressneeded i just used the "contact us " area of the on line banking service ,good luck

CC interest may be claimed at 8%, unless the contract specifies a different rate. In which case you can claim it at the same rate of the contract.

In my BarclaycardMorgan Stanley case it was 26.8% and they were delighted to pay up to make me go away.:D

Hello Hilary,

:grin: I have accepted an offer of full amount of PPI + 8% interest, not a fortune but it is all I paid to A&L + the interest so I am well pleased!

A very good result Hilary Well Done:D Please stay on CAG if you have some spare time your input could well help others get a success.

The banks are still at it adding PPI to loans and credit cards and mortgages (if you cn get one now) and no doubt they will until it becomes illegal.

Well done again

aa:D;)

Edited by alanalana
bad typing skills

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Reclaimed ppi due to OH being self employed so far had success with..

Monument - offered £1252 (which included interest)

Still awaiting final sums but

Halifax loans x 3 - admitted that ppi would not have been appropriate and have decided to put in a position if never had ppi

Halifax credit card done the same

Olives V Loans.co.uk

Complained in October 2007 to Loans.co.uk and they said they done it all correctly. Took it to the FOS where the adjudicator ruled in my favour. Loans.co.uk still didnt have any of it so it went to the Ombudsman. Had a decision yesterday. Ombudsman ruled in our favour due to a whole list of errors on Loans.co.uks part. Thay have to put us back in the position as if we had never had PPI so loan has to be recalculated and all that I have paid since 2005 to be repaid with interest.

olives xxx

Olives V Loans.co.uk

Complained in October 2007 to Loans.co.uk and they said they done it all correctly. Took it to the FOS where the adjudicator ruled in my favour. Loans.co.uk still didnt have any of it so it went to the Ombudsman. Had a decision yesterday. Ombudsman ruled in our favour due to a whole list of errors on Loans.co.uks part. Thay have to put us back in the position as if we had never had PPI so loan has to be recalculated and all that I have paid since 2005 to be repaid with interest. Plus we hope the 8% statutory interest on top:grin:

olives xxx

Cracking result:D well done Olives family:wink:

party-smiley-020.gif

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from