Fred Bassett v MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fred

I've got a new (to me) outfit called Aegis on this account now. They've offered me a 40% discount. From the tone of their letter they're not too hopeful. Has anyone dealt with this lot? If so, what can I expect?

Regards.

Snap!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/266651-aegis-ltd-mbna.html

Only references I can see on CAG go back to 2009 but I appears to be a bullsh*t only type company.

David

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0631831Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Aegis Limited U99999MHI9LC064767

Categories:

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Issued Date: 22-Dec-2009 Date Maintenance Payment Due: 21-Dec-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated outside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Anshuman Ruia

Aparvp Sengupta

Mr Shishir Agarwal

Mr Shrvti Jain

Pramod Saxena

Rajiv Agarwal

Vikash Saraf

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Accept Notices/Documents 111 Edmund Street, BIRMINGHAM, B3 2HJ, United Kingdom

Correspondence 111, Edmund Street, BIRMINGHAM, B3 2HJ, United Kingdom

Principal Place Of Business Essar House, 247, Udyog Vihar, Phase vi, Gurgaon, 120016, India

Registered Office Flat 11, Essan House, Victoria Road, LONDON, W5 1TB, United Kingdom"

:

Incorporated outside of the UK

Hmmm, first the banks outsource their telephone debt collectors.. then they create UK branches:

Incorporated outside of the UK

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Anshuman Ruia

Aparvp Sengupta

Mr Shishir Agarwal

Mr Shrvti Jain

Pramod Saxena

Rajiv Agarwal

Vikash Saraf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This lot (Aegis) were pestering me too for a while but they gave up after numerous calls and letters. There were quite a few posts about them last year and questions were asked about data protection as your information is passed to India, hardly the most secure part of the world! I would complain to MBNA about this breach of the guidelines as data is not supposed to go to countries with a lower level of data protection than that in the UK. I also always make a point of asking any DCA who the hell they are and where is the confirmation from the CCC that they are contacting me on there behalf. Your information could have ben obtained illegally, could it not?

Hi fred

Aegis! That was the first DCA MBNA set on me .I thought Aegis was one of MBNAs internal inhouse debt collectors!they normally set on people at very beggining ! They certainly going the full circle with you ! LOL.How many DCAS has your MBNA accont been passed through!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Fred

Snap!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/266651-aegis-ltd-mbna.html

Only references I can see on CAG go back to 2009 but I appears to be a bullsh*t only type company.

David

Hi David

Like you said they are a wind bag company jfull of empty threats! I totally ignored Aegis!and i just got passed back to MBNA and then onto RMA:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I think I'll send them this which is the bog off letter translated into Esperanto. That should get them scratching their heads for a while.

Kara Sinjoro/Sinjorino

Via Referenco: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx KONTO NOMBRO: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MI NE AGNOSK IU ŜULDO AL VIA FIRMAO

MI tem pri via letero dat xxxx Marto kiu estis liverita al mi hieraŭ. Temante pri la supra konto, mi petas (ke) ke vi sendas min veran kopion de ĉi tiu kredito interkonsento antaŭ mi konformiĝos pluen ĉi tiu afero. Ĉi tiu estas mia tuj antaŭ la leĝo enhavis ene de sekcio 77 (1) kaj sekcio 78 (1) de la Konsumanto Kredito Ago 1974, kaj mi rajtas ricev kopio de mia kredito interkonsento pri peto. Via devo ankaŭ etendas provizantan min kun kontresumo. Mi jam estas ..intaj farita ĉi tiu peto de la MBNA kaj sekve senti ne neces pagi vin la £1 laŭleĝan kotizon pagotan sub la Konsumanto Kredito Ago. Mi alkroĉas kopion de mia letero ili datita xxxxxxx 2007. Ĝis nun, neniu tia interkonsento estas proviz - nur kopio de petilo kiu ne enhav la preskrib terminoj. Mi komprenas ke kopio de mia kredito interkonsento devus esti provizita ene de 12 labortagoj de la dato de tio letero kaj ke la MBNA/vi estas nun en krima defaŭlta. Mi komprenas ke sub la Konsumanto Kredito Ago, kreditoroj ne povas observigi interkonsenton se ili ne ..asas observ peto por kopio de la interkonsento sub ĉi tiuj sekcioj de la Ago. Ankaŭ, ekde vi estas ŝuldo kolekto Agentejo, mi ankaŭ ..us pet, ke vi provizas subskrib vera kopio de la efektivigita faron de komisio por la supra referenc interkonsento. Ĉi tiu estas devo, ĉu vi estas la originala kreditoro ĉu, aŭ ĉu ne,, sub sekcio 189 de la Konsumanto Kredito Ago 1974. Malobservo kun mia peto estas krima ago sub la supra Ago kaj volo rezult je raporto est propon al la rilataj laŭleĝaj respondeculoj.

En resumo, MI NE AGNOSK ĈI TIU ŜULDO KAJ TIAL BEZONAS VIN PRUV LA VERECON DE ĈI TIU DE PROVIZANTA LA SEKVONTA DOKUMENTARO ANTAŬ MI KONFORMIĜ PLI :

1. Veran kopion de originala kredito interkonsento

2. Kontresumo

3. Kopio de la efektivigita faron de komisio de MBNA Banko Kiel vi estas konsci*, krediton interkonsenton tio ne estas konvene dokument kaj subskrib de la aĉetanto estas tute malobservig sub la CCA kaj tial estas kompleta defendo al iu tribunalo aserto tio estas eldon.

Okupi noton je la nuna stadio, ke iu proceso vi povus kontempli estos ambaŭ vigle defendis kaj kontraŭita. Pli la supra, bonvolu certigi ke iu kontakto solaj estas farita skribite nur al la supra trakt. telefono callsand propraj vizitoj ne estos akcept kaj ..n oni vidis kiel ĝenado.

Mi avide atendas ricev komunikaĵojn de vi ene de la laŭleĝa limtempo.

Via fidele

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi Fred

Snap!!

David

Hi David,

I'd already subscribed to your thread. They don't seem to be too much to worry about do they?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Hi fred

Aegis! That was the first DCA MBNA set on me .I thought Aegis was one of MBNAs internal inhouse debt collectors!they normally set on people at very beggining ! They certainly going the full circle with you ! LOL.How many DCAS has your MBNA accont been passed through!:D

Hi Sunflower, long time no hear. How's it going?

Regards.

Fred

Ha! I got a pleading missive from this lot yesterday as well - first squeak from this MBNA account for over three years. They must have bought a job lot of lemons dirt cheap!

Fortunately they do not have a phone number for me so I think I shall I just file it alongside MBNAs inky blob which they think is an enforceable agreement :rolleyes: .

I can't be a*sed to even grace their soppy letter wih a reply.

I think I'll send them this which is the bog off letter translated into Esperanto. That should get them scratching their heads for a while.

Kara Sinjoro/Sinjorino

Via Referenco: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx KONTO NOMBRO: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MI NE AGNOSK IU ŜULDO AL VIA FIRMAO

MI tem pri via letero dat xxxx Marto kiu estis liverita al mi hieraŭ. Temante pri la supra konto, mi petas (ke) ke vi sendas min veran kopion de ĉi tiu kredito interkonsento antaŭ mi konformiĝos pluen ĉi tiu afero. Ĉi tiu estas mia tuj antaŭ la leĝo enhavis ene de sekcio 77 (1) kaj sekcio 78 (1) de la Konsumanto Kredito Ago 1974, kaj mi rajtas ricev kopio de mia kredito interkonsento pri peto. Via devo ankaŭ etendas provizantan min kun kontresumo. Mi jam estas ..intaj farita ĉi tiu peto de la MBNA kaj sekve senti ne neces pagi vin la £1 laŭleĝan kotizon pagotan sub la Konsumanto Kredito Ago. Mi alkroĉas kopion de mia letero ili datita xxxxxxx 2007. Ĝis nun, neniu tia interkonsento estas proviz - nur kopio de petilo kiu ne enhav la preskrib terminoj. Mi komprenas ke kopio de mia kredito interkonsento devus esti provizita ene de 12 labortagoj de la dato de tio letero kaj ke la MBNA/vi estas nun en krima defaŭlta. Mi komprenas ke sub la Konsumanto Kredito Ago, kreditoroj ne povas observigi interkonsenton se ili ne ..asas observ peto por kopio de la interkonsento sub ĉi tiuj sekcioj de la Ago. Ankaŭ, ekde vi estas ŝuldo kolekto Agentejo, mi ankaŭ ..us pet, ke vi provizas subskrib vera kopio de la efektivigita faron de komisio por la supra referenc interkonsento. Ĉi tiu estas devo, ĉu vi estas la originala kreditoro ĉu, aŭ ĉu ne,, sub sekcio 189 de la Konsumanto Kredito Ago 1974. Malobservo kun mia peto estas krima ago sub la supra Ago kaj volo rezult je raporto est propon al la rilataj laŭleĝaj respondeculoj.

En resumo, MI NE AGNOSK ĈI TIU ŜULDO KAJ TIAL BEZONAS VIN PRUV LA VERECON DE ĈI TIU DE PROVIZANTA LA SEKVONTA DOKUMENTARO ANTAŬ MI KONFORMIĜ PLI :

1. Veran kopion de originala kredito interkonsento

2. Kontresumo

3. Kopio de la efektivigita faron de komisio de MBNA Banko Kiel vi estas konsci*, krediton interkonsenton tio ne estas konvene dokument kaj subskrib de la aĉetanto estas tute malobservig sub la CCA kaj tial estas kompleta defendo al iu tribunalo aserto tio estas eldon.

Okupi noton je la nuna stadio, ke iu proceso vi povus kontempli estos ambaŭ vigle defendis kaj kontraŭita. Pli la supra, bonvolu certigi ke iu kontakto solaj estas farita skribite nur al la supra trakt. telefono callsand propraj vizitoj ne estos akcept kaj ..n oni vidis kiel ĝenado.

Mi avide atendas ricev komunikaĵojn de vi ene de la laŭleĝa limtempo.

Via fidele

Like it Fred, like it! ;)

I notice that the letter I received from Aegis came in an envelope with with MBNA's head office address on the back. Is Aegis part of MBNA?

I notice that the letter I received from Aegis came in an envelope with with MBNA's head office address on the back. Is Aegis part of MBNA?

Quite likely, Fred.

Delaware, keeps on cropping up.

Securitization, comes to mind...

I imagine they have been given the envelopes so that they do go back to MBNA, Fred.

I would say they are just acting as the front line of the process. After all, it looks so much more intimidating if a DEBT COLLECTOR writes to you threatening all kinds of mayhem..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I imagine they have been given the envelopes so that they do go back to MBNA, Fred.

I would say they are just acting as the front line of the process. After all, it looks so much more intimidating if a DEBT COLLECTOR writes to you threatening all kinds of mayhem..

You could be right CitiB, but this was more a begging letter than a threatening one - see below:

Regards.

Fred

AegisLetter.jpg

Fred, have a look at this post that Lexis made on Windywoo's thread regarding Aegis.. could be worth considering:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-3028343.html

Aegis are, from memory a company based in Mumbai. Soon after they got involved with OH for his MBNAlink3.gif account we started getting sales calls from the USA (as a side note, they really don't get it when you stay on the line to tell them to remove your number, they get very indignant that they are trying to give you a free holidaylink3.gif. Of course they are:rolleyes:).

Anyway, after a couple of letters to OH from Aegis, and calls from both them and other international companies, I wrote this to MBNA (highlighted parts are the relevant bits).

I have now received a letter from Aegis BPO Services Ltd stating MBNA has ‘instructed us to contact you urgently regarding the arrears on your account’. I would like to point out that as you know, I have been trying to contact you regarding my account (to date you have had 3 letters from me and have twice been told over the phone that I would like to arrange a repayment planlink3.gif by letter), but to date my requests have been flatly ignored.

I must also point out that despite including in my 3 previous letters that I wish to be contacted by letter only, I have received more phone callslink3.gif from your company. In addition to this, the lady who phoned on the 1st August (Sophia Jones) actually stated that there was no record of any letter to this effect. I am rather shocked that not one of my requests has even been logged on my file. I was also worried to see that this phone calllink3.gif was International, which raises the question of how my data is being protected if it is in another country which does not need to adhere to data laws that apply here? I also note that Aegis BPO are based in India. I find it extremely odd that since receiving the first phone calllink3.gif from overseas, I have now started receiving calls from other International companies trying to sell me their products. I would appreciate your considered comments as to why this should have occurred, as it seems rather too coincidental to me, and I am now very concerned about how my data is being processed and protected.

To clarify, I would like answers to the questions raised in both this and my previous letters (bulleted below for your convenience).

Please can you let me know:

That my offer of a reduced payment is being considered

The name of the gentleman who called me on the 17th July at 4.15pm

Why I have received more phone calls when I have stated in writing no less than 3 times that I do not wish to be contacted by phone

If my data is being processed overseas, and if so exactly what securities are in place to prevent any (more) problems arising from this

Now of course they completely ignored every single point in this letter, but I didn't hear a thing from Aegis again, which considering I didn't ever contact them, you can draw your own conclusions from!

India are, according to the Information Commissioner`s Office, not one of the countries that have to comply with data protection like we do. Of course that's fine if you live there, but if you are dealing with a company such as MBNA who are bound by UK data protection laws, then they need to make damn sure they don't pass it to someone who won't be so careful with it. I'd lay odds that that's why Aegis were swiftly removed from OH's account.

Might be worth a 'concerned about how you're protecting my data' letter to MBNA to see what the reaction is?

BCOBS

I notice they also accept credit cards:rolleyes: Did no one tell them that this is against OFT Guidelines ??

BCOBS

Thanks CitiB,

I think I'll use this to stir up a bit of trouble with MBNA.

Regards.

Fred

Hi Sunflower, long time no hear. How's it going?

Regards.

Fred

Hi Fred

Oh well I am still MBNAs favoutite cutomer!:) I am glad you still making them run roumd in circles!:D

• 2 months later...

I sent Aegis the "bemused" letter back in July and today I got it back in an envelope with a Royal Mail sticker on it ticked against the "addressee gone away" box. Well they didn't last long.