Tom Brennan v NatWest - This is a must-read!!!

calvi36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is nobody even slighty concerned by this chaps apparent lack of knowledge of the Statute of Limitations? he was alleged to have said that this is all working in the banks favour as you are only allowed to claim back 6 years worth and he seems to think that the delay will reduce his claim.

Smelling a rat here

• Haha 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is nobody even slighty concerned by this chaps apparent lack of knowledge of the Statute of Limitations? he was alleged to have said that this is all working in the banks favour as you are only allowed to claim back 6 years worth and he seems to think that the delay will reduce his claim.

Smelling a rat here

He even makes a comment of

It should be noted that any delays is going to assist the defendants because only six years of charges can be made.

I know I have posted doubts on this and been shot down (And assisted)but why make a statement like that? We have a young barrister here who is taking the banks on in such a public and media conscious case and comes out with such a demanding statement.

Alot of people will see that and go Ah, Tom says 6 years maximum so 6 years it is.

What i also struggle with is why start a web site totally dedicated to this. It has lots of web exposure as it is.

Right, off to the Grand National.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

the limitations act did occur to me (atleast lack of knowledge of it)

but then maybe he has been mis-quoted, though not likely i know. But bearing in mind he is a newly qualified barrister, and clearly has a long way to travle along the path of learning.

Or perhaps he has weighed the LA arguments up and decided the banks have a point and has decided against using the arguments.

who knows what hes thinking really, although another update from his own website may prove telling.

:)

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

The case is for compensation - but, read on......

If the court rules in Tom's favour and he is allowed to proceed with a compensation claim, based on the case being that the banks are profitting through illegal means, then it is as good as a direct declaration that bank charges as they stand are also illegal - and I would expect that the case would ultimately produce such a statement.

Additionally - from what I've read, NatWest actually refunded Tom's charges and put them into his bank account without his permission.

The case is for compensation - but, read on......

If the court rules in Tom's favour and he is allowed to proceed with a compensation claim, based on the case being that the banks are profitting through illegal means, then it is as good as a direct declaration that bank charges as they stand are also illegal - and I would expect that the case would ultimately produce such a statement.

Additionally - from what I've read, NatWest actually refunded Tom's charges and put them into his bank account without his permission.

Md

the case will almost certainly proceed whether the judge considers the action of damages under tort a just corse of action or not. Tom is simply applying exemplory damages as a tool of leverage, ie to force the bank into court, rather than paying out of court as they always do. And yes they have paid the monies back into his account, though without his express permission and against his wishes, they duly closed his account shortly after. This is a tactic used by all the banks very frequently as a means to avoid having to prove their costs in court, they often do this just a few days before the hearing, without the claimant even knowing about it.

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

i hope that Tom Brennan wins his case, i think he is a brave man, he is helping all people,hopefully what he will do will be a wonderful thing for all people.

i am telling as many people i can that bank charges are illigial and directing them to this site,i have had so many charges taken from me, bank accounts morgage and credit cards, i am going to be able to clear my credit cards off and pay off my overdraf, i am going to be able to fund my self through medical school.which is wonderful

i have got frineds who havent got internet and am printing out the forms and givving it to them.

i believe that the banks charge the poorest people so many charges so they take out credit cards and loans, to push them further into dept.

there is somthing wrong with a banking society like this,

i hope the flood gates open for the banks, hopefully many unfortunate people will have charges back, and banks bank fairly.

Mistermind wouldnt be Tom himself would it?;)

i am pretty sure that he is on here as he has a link to CAG on his home page

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Guest NATTIE

no case in the natwest forum, i did wonder myself as well lula so i had a good check of his claims. Sorry mistermind but i think you are not Tom.

Mistermind, I too love a good filing system LOL, it is essential, otherwise the world would be in chaos ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

The sensational Brennan showdown broke from nowhere 10 days ago, and threads exploded spontaneously in numerous forums all over the site.

Without a site map for these threads it would be impossible to keep up with all the exciting developments. There is going to be another huge surge of postings around 30th April, but Bookworm said no more duplicate new threads please. So here we are, one quick index to ten links.

By coincidence The Brennan sensation broke around the First Anniversary of the OFT pronouncement, for which I wrote a piece The First Anniversary.

Latest links found from Google:

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=448336&in_page_id=1770

http://news.sky.com/skynews/xml/article/0,,91070-1176387979,00.html?f=mf

BBC website - lawyer trying to force banks to reveal costs - Page ...

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article2447665.ece

http://www.ifsconline.ie/reuters/full_story.html?story=MTFH18783_2007-04-11_16-28-38_L11657678&picture=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=420655&page=4

12-04-2007, 9:23 AM #80

Dangle_kt

My Sister lives in Dublin and they only get charged £3.50.

Do you think the banks over there LOOSE money??? Of Course not!

They have just made the decision NOT to milk people who can least afford it!

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Radio 4 audio interview on the doorsteps of Guildhall last Friday described how Tom went alone into court to face 3 NatWest barristers ("a lot more than that" said Tom).

So that this courageous 30-year-old from Lewisham (in difficulties within the past 6 years) lacks nothing in backup, research, and counsel, is it time on D-Day minus 15 for CAG to open a Brennan Fighting Fund to help him in his and our battle against sophisticated NatWest battalions?

Tom has my £10 this day without hesitation.

But Bankfodder, where should I send it?

Good for you terry1!

Though be careful - the charges are unlawful, not illegal (yet!) - there is a difference

Best of luck to you and your friends

:)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

If you missed our Tom on the radio at the weekend, the most interesting thing he said about last week's court appearance was that Natwest's big bucks legal suits applied to have the case thrown out as the claim had been settled in full (forced into his account and then promptly closed down).

Brennan then entered a late deposition showing that there was 3 months interest still outstanding, which kept the case alive. Just how bright are these lawyers? Well at a reputed £1200 an hour, you can't expect them to everything right can you.

BBC Radio Player

have nat west settled?? just caught tail end of something on bbc, did anyone hear anything?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Maybelline,

No news yet from the 2 hot sources:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio4/aod.shtml?radio4/moneybox

http://www.tombrennan.co.uk/

However, another case (not Tom) came to a head at 3:30 pm today:

record settlement by NatWest at £35,988

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6559673.stm

Maybelline,

No news yet from the 2 hot sources:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio4/aod.shtml?radio4/moneybox

http://www.tombrennan.co.uk/

However, another case (not Tom) came to a head at 3:30 pm today:

record settlement by NatWest at £35,988

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6559673.stm

whoops, must have caught the end of the other case, anyway, best of luck to Tom!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Nice to see that when the BBC run the story - BBC NEWS | Business | Man recovers £35,988 from NatWest - they post a link to CAG !

35k and they settled to save their costs. WHAT A LOAD OF BOL***

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth