Claiming beyond 6 yrs - important new information!!!

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am claiming back pre 6 years can you look at my thread:

un1boy's dad vs natwest - over 6 years (possible exemption from Limitations Act?)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi just came back from court , Natwest application to strike out the claim under section 5 of limitation act has been denied and a full hearing has been allocated by the judge. Can a mod please pm me.

Brilliant - nice work. Would be interested to see the update to your thread with all the relevant info from the hearing :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Hi

This would be great for me as Natwest stung me and my ex for hundreds at a time that was really difficult for us, it was about 9 years ago. Only one problem I dont think I have any old account information, If I supply them with the name and address details at the time of having the account will they still be able to issue the information ?

Fingers crossed here

Nationwide Bank Account subject access request

21st Feb 07, statements received 13th April 2007

Nationwide Credit Card SAR sent 21st Feb 07 .. Still not received :-x

Hi just came back from court , Natwest application to strike out the claim under section 5 of limitation act has been denied and a full hearing has been allocated by the judge. Can a mod please pm me.

great news!! well done!!!!

can you give us more details of who said what etc..I'm nosey like that:D ...or have you got another thread with all this in?

sorry, didnt see this had spilled over onto another page...will now join the queue and wait patiently.:o :p

P.S. you're not Tom Brennan are you??!!

Hi everyone :p

I'm looking for a quick opinion please.

I'm really not fully understanding the leagal ins and outs of making these claims. I have £850 to claim from the past 6 years and £255 from the year previous...as I'm making my claim from the position of "WHAT ON EARTH DOES THAT MEAN?"...am I wiser just going for the 6 year claim rather than risk ending up in court looking like a complete numpty???? :o

;):razz:;):p;):p

iloveguinness,

Do not be scared. The banks are toothless dogs, they bark but they will not bite you.

The same legal issue surrounding post-6 years also apply to pre-6 years. You should have some faith on the information you read here because they have been tried and trusted.

When making your claims, you do not need to differentiate the claims. Simply put them on the same spreadsheet as normal. Send off your preliminary letter with a copy of your spreadsheet. After all the unlawful charges they took from your account belongs to you.

Of course the banks will reply with a fob off letter (as always) but you will not be keeping to their own timetable. Prelim - 14 days, LBA - 14 days and its court. No waiting.

Thanks bennyowen

Your support's appreciated, I just didn't want to start something I didn't know I could finish and then have to drag everyone else in to help me. But I guess I'll probably pick it up better as I go along.

(Have you ever noticed that terrified nerves and excitement feel the same!) :)

;):razz:;):p;):p

Thanks bennyowen

Your support's appreciated, I just didn't want to start something I didn't know I could finish and then have to drag everyone else in to help me. But I guess I'll probably pick it up better as I go along.

(Have you ever noticed that terrified nerves and excitement feel the same!) :)

You can drag everyone in if it is for a good course. Everyone here have one purpose - claim back unlawful charges.

In the process of claiming, other issues come up and because we are working here as a large team, we are not alone in our fight. The banks know the power of collective voice of the consumers.

Hiya!

Dont worry guinness, were all in the same boat, we all pick this up as we go along. This site has been going best part of year now and there is always someone who can help out.

Never think that you are on your own, in joining CAG you've just found over 130,000 new chums to back you up. :-)

Hi and thanx to all you lovely people for the knowledge I have garnered over the past few days.

I am in the fortunate position that I have personal account statements going back to 1994 and business account statements as far back as 1993.

I have sent LBAs to HBOS demanding reimbursement in full and will post updates on my thread.

I would appreciate some advice on my other claim however..........

I am looking to reclaim a total of £4275 and since I live in Scotland this could be problematic because of the £750 and £1500 limits.

I got to thinking though...........

Would it be possible to lodge a claim for £1500 from say 2004 to the present then after resolution lodge another claim for unlawful charges of a further £1500 on the SAME account from say 2001 to 2004 then so on etc way back to 1993?

I would greatly appreciate any advice because if this tactic would work for me it would work for thousands of others.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81891-me-versus-hbos.html#post728895

just seen the news article on bbc business about the barrister taking Nat west to Court and how it been adjurned till 30th April and that it's in the bank's interest to delay as people cannot claim beyond 6 year's? Surely if he's got links to this site he knows people are going for greater than six years or does he know something we don't.

Here's the link

BBC NEWS | Business | Court adjourns bank charges case

pmahonc

just seen the news article on bbc business about the barrister taking Nat west to Court and how it been adjurned till 30th April and that it's in the bank's interest to delay as people cannot claim beyond 6 year's? Surely if he's got links to this site he knows people are going for greater than six years or does he know something we don't.

Here's the link

BBC NEWS | Business | Court adjourns bank charges case

pmahonc

He obviously hasn't heard 'who CAG's wins'

Regards

Lantana

A question?

If we are claiming back charges beyond 10 years we are talking about charges pre-dating the unfair terms in consumer contracts act 1999, what law are we relying on prior to 1999?

IAN

If your account was opened before July 95 then you dont use the UTCCR 1999 in your case. you will be relying on common law in relation to penalties. see my HSBC thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/76820-calling-all-hsbc-claimants.html#post671596 with links to my POC if you are unsure about this - it wont affect your chances of winning at all, so don't worry about that.

it's in the bank's interest to delay as people cannot claim beyond 6 year's?

this is absolute rubbish because what's already in his claim doesnt drop off because of the adjournment. I'd be surprised if those were his words and not the reporters. But I agree, I'm surprised he's not going beyond 6 years, if he had any older charges that is.

Bong

I thought it might be the reporters to but they are quoting him therefore i thought they couldn't change what he is supposed to have said. I'm just supprised that as a barrister he would know his case inside out with all the legal stuff backing him up. So i wonder how strong his case actually is for what he is actually trying to do.

pmahonc

Perhaps he doesnt want to, or doesnt have any pre-6 year charges?

(Or given that his career is at stake, feels he is pushing the envelope enough as it is.)

Dont forget that his claim is for exemplary damages, he has already had money thrown at him by the bank in relation to his charges.

I dont think he has accepted the payment as such though noomill. He is still challenging the charges. Anyway, this is taking this thread off topic, sorry.